WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Excellent LEO tonight

Boolit Master

Excellent LEO tonight

I got pulled over by a Portage County, WI sheriff's deputy for going a few mph over and my plates were expired...which I honestly didn't know about. Anywho, standard "license, registration, proof of insurance" routine and he asked me if there were any firearms in the vehicle which, for once, there weren't. He ran my stuff, gave me a warning, and proceeded to give me a joking ration of cr@p about not carrying. He explained that he thought it was the greatest thing that WI passed it and loves seeing people have the license and even more so when they carry. It was nice to see that side of things instead of the typical videos and stories that make the rounds of things going the other way.

Boolit Grand Master

Can't speak for all the LEO's but I only encountered CHL's during minor violations and never issued more than a written or verbal warning. Never got in the habit of asking where the weapon was, just glad to encounter responsible citizens.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remebrance

I rarely had any issue with anyone carrying a gun. Most folks with guns seem to be the solid citizen type. The druggies carried knives.