Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Hand Loaders...

Boolit Master

Lee Hand Loaders...

was at a gun show sunday. saw a small cardboard box with some hand loader parts. most of the parts for three lee hand loaders.
    one was a 30-30...i did not have one in my collection
    one was a .30'06...already have one,
    and.......
    tha last one is a .....

........ 7.7 japanese!!!!!

total cost for all three.....5 us dollars!
    and this doesnt count the three target models i got from a fellow caster here on the board.
    ( 222, 243, and 25'06....i may have to build a couple rifles just to try them out!)

mike
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by mike in co View Post
    was at a gun show sunday. saw a small cardboard box with some hand loader parts. most of the parts for three lee hand loaders.
    one was a 30-30...i did not have one in my collection
    one was a .30'06...already have one,
    and.......
    tha last one is a .....

........ 7.7 japanese!!!!!

total cost for all three.....5 us dollars!
    and this doesnt count the three target models i got from a fellow caster here on the board.
    ( 222, 243, and 25'06....i may have to build a couple rifles just to try them out!)

mike
    You wanna sell that 7.7 Jap set?

Boolit Master
    not at the moment..i'm actually collecting the silly little things....just got a delux 12ga/3"...

Boolit Grand Master
    Mike:

Hope you enjoy your 3 Lee Target Loaders. That .308 Brass you sent was nice !

Thanks Again,
    Ben

Boolit Master

Talking

Those old Lee Target Loaders are the berries. I wish I could find a set in 6.5x55mm or .223 Remington.

Boolit Master

Smile

Well, I found a 6.5x55 Lee Loader, now its on to a .223 Remington. Time flies when your having fun. I also found a .41 magnum.

All you collectors are causing a shortage and a price we people that want to use them can't afford! Just saw a 410 on E-bay for 71$ with 2days left on the sale
    Last edited by freedom475; 01-30-2008 at 02:30 AM. Reason: made trade

Boolit Grand Master
    freedom475,
    If you strike out with a trade for that 10 ga Lee loader, I'll throw my hat in the ring and offer to buy it. Got a NEF 10 goose gun and that would be just the ticket.725

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom475 View Post
    I have a complete 10guage Lee loader I would like to trade for a 41Mag. Thanks. Freedom475
    I have a 41 Mag set, missing the decapping pin though (which is the easiest part to replace) and has a red #108 dipper instead of the #69 listed on the data. It does have the optional flaring tool (which is very hard to find). Ragged box label (box is fine), but does have the reloading data.
    Last edited by 45 2.1; 01-27-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    You gotta love these loaders.They are getten harder to find in reasonable shape and of course cheap.Three for 5 bucks is beautiful.

Boolit Master

Wink

I am not a collector -- guns or reloading equipment, but I do try to buy one of those Lee Loader kits for each rifle or revolver that I own. One of the problems when hunting for one of the little jewels is finding one complete. Too many people remove certain parts from the kit (usually the flaring tool or the old metal dipping measure, or the decapping rod). And yes, I have noticed that the prices being paid is going up but I do my part by not paying "collector" prices -- if the bid gets too high I just drop out. For right now, Lee is still making these kits, so there is no reason to pay more than factory prices unless you are a collector and want a cardboard box instead of a plastic one. As I stated earlier, I am a shooter and a reloader--not a collector. I do not buy things that I would hesitate to use.

And for that I thank you and applaud you. Collectors are really scavengers, making things tough on people who would like to use things for what they were intended. A pox on them!

Boolit Master
    WELL I AM A COLLECTOR.....but i aint rich..so its the frugal collector.
    having said that..i'm a user too.
    i have multiples in 308 and 7.62x43r,and use them for my 303 brit,6.5x55 and 8mm.
    why multiples ??

set it and leave it...one per gun, sometimes one per boolit style.

why handload vs press ?? some of my matches are only 20-50 rounds....and its simple.

mike in co

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    TNsailorman (and everyone else whi might have one:

I have a nice old paper box Lee Loader in .45-70 I got cheap, lacking the powder dipper and the little cardstock chart that lists the recommended loads and sticks out the end to show the caliber. I raided an incomplete dipper set to get the "correct" #167 red dipper, but need a copy of the chart. I made one for another poster here a week or two back, for a 20 ga. Lee Loader; hope someone with an older .45-70 one can return the favor - PM me if you can help. (Yes, I DID check under the styrofoam, but no-one had stashed it there.) The newer LL's in the plastic box have a different size yellow dipper, calibrated didfferently.

"And yes, I have noticed that the prices being paid is going up but I do my part by not paying "collector" prices -- if the bid gets too high I just drop out."

Ain't that the truth! I spotted just what I needed on eBay the other day - a nice old set in.45-70 with chart and dipper, and while I watched it bounced up and went for $38 and change, plus shipping! And the new ones cost only $29.88 at Lee and less at other outlets! (I was going to copy the chart for the older one and offer it as a site benefit auction.)

floodgate
    Last edited by floodgate; 01-31-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Floodgate,
    I got what you need and would happy to send you a copy. My computer skills are a little primitive so If you pm me your address I'll send it right out.
    Addison
    Last edited by P Patcher; 01-31-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master
    this weekends gun show yielded a nice 220 swift hand loader....with out the data sheet.

anyone have a data sheet ? could send me a copy ?

thanks
    mike

Boolit Bub
    does anyone know the correct powder measure # for a LEE LOADER 7x57 rimmed?

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    armstrong:

I checked my First Edition "LEE Reloading Handbook" (no date, but probably from the mid-1960s, just after they went to the red plastic scoops; the "slide rule" charge table in my red scoop set is copyrighted 1966). They don't show anything for the 7 x 57 RIMMED (this issue doesn't list the .45-70 either!), but recommend scoop # 167 ("replaces and same as old 14") for the 7 x 57 rimless. You might compare the two cartridges in other manuals, if you can find them; I suspect the rimmed version is loaded a bit lighter in deference to the Drillings it was often chambered in.

floodgate

All of the scoop loads in the Lee Loader boxes were well under maximum, they were downright light.

Boolit Bub
    ...Thanks floodgate...gives me a starting point...this loader has me a bit puzzled..its complete except for the dipper,looks un-used.. charge card is 1963, but has no loading data on it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast