RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: LGS had plenty of supplies on Saturday

LGS had plenty of supplies on Saturday

Went out ice fishing with my father this past Saturday. Limited out on perch in an hour so after dropping my dad off swung by my LGS to pick up some more maggots for the next time I go out. While there, I checked the reloading section. Plenty of powder and a ton of primers. Picked up a brick of CCI small pistol primers for $39.99 and a pound of Bullseye for $25.99. Unfortunately it seems this is the going price around here now. They had some norma brass that they were selling for $10.00 per 20. In checking the gun room, found several AR's for $899.00. Got to talking to one of the guys who works part time for the owner and got around to talking about casting. He has a regular route that he does to get wheel weights. He advised that he just sold 3 tons to a commercial outfit up north for 50 cents a pound. Told me to check back with him in February and he would supply me with a couple buckets at less than the price he got from the commercial guy. Best part is he sorts them himself and only sells the lead ones. He advised that he checks each one with side cutters. Seems I might have lucked out and my jabber jawing finally paid off. Wife hates when I stop in to the shop with her along as I can never get out of there in less than 45 minutes.

Got a kid at home or near by?
    At $.50 per pound, buy it all, box it up and sell it at $1.00.
    Or, get him to box it up for us.

I'll be keeping in touch with him. He was saying he hits up a few of the car dealerships in the area as well as several service stations. The great part is that he sorts them before selling. I have a couple hundred pounds of sorted wheel weights in my shed that I still need to smelt, but am always trying to get more. This should save me several steps. It seems that most of the shops around here have agreements with guys who pick them up regularly. The guy my family brings their cars to wouldn't sell me any as he has a regular guy.