Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: RWS 36 at 25 and 50

RWS 36 at 25 and 50

It took me a bit to get used to it but it is humming now.The 36 is just the precursor to 34 with a nicer stock.

Pellet was the JSB Exact 8.44g

Attachment 91263

Attachment 91264

Attachment 91269
    Last edited by HARRYMPOPE; 12-21-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Master
    That is a really nice gun. The 34 just looks so plane compared to your 36. Nice groups Im jealous! My 350 hits like a hammer (swung by a blind carpenter)

When i first got it i couldn't shoot it worth a hoot.I was getting 1"or a bit over at 25 meters.I would get a few small groups then they would start to string up.I found out the problem.I added a space heater to my bench top and as it and the gun warmed up the groups raised.I got rid of the heater and it shoots now.When i got out the TX .177 to check myself it always shot good,but i only shot one groups and it never got a chance to heat up.I have heard the 350 can be hard to shoot well,but i have always wanted one.I also shoot a 48 in .177 that's about 90%as accurate as the TX200 but not as smooth.Since i got into this airguns thing i have ranges from 10 meters to 100 yards at my place and am really going though the pellets.I started it to help my offhand but now it's all i care to do.

Boolit Master
    Im in the same boat. I really like the AR now and looking for something that takes less concentration to shoot. The 350 takes total concentration and follow through. I know it sounds stupid but I think you have to build up to shooting sessions that take some much attentions to detail. I have maybe 65+yards on my land but can walk on to the neighbors and shoot toward my place if I need to. I gone through a box of 1250 so far. I really did better in the ML postal match in November. I noticed you did not shoot in the last match.

I haven't missed a match.maybe i was so low on the score sheet you just missed me<G>
    The RWS 36 takes a lot of concentration.I hold it pretty firm to my cheek with light shoulder pressure on top of a "Bum Bag" that is filled with small foam balls.The 48 and TX will shoot with both front and rear on bags free recoil like a bench rest rifle.

Boolit Master
    I strictly shoot offhand. I don't know anyone that shoots a air gun so I only have the internet to learn from. I have read about the artillery hold. It is a struggle to hold it tight enough for the trigger to not pull me off target (T05 trigger) and loose enough for the gun to recoil freely. Cant wait to get a gun with a great trigger

For some reason I thought you were from KY. Whats you name and location.

George from Burbank WA.

I try to shoot offhand mostly in the warmer weather. I end up pellet testing from the bench too much in the winter.
    My 36 and 48 have T-01 triggers and i cant complain though they are not what my TX is in any way

Boolit Master
    I hear so much good stuff about the TX. I wish they made one with sights. Looks like im going to get the HW77. Christmas is not helping my cause!