Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

View Poll Results: How many reloading presses do you have?

Voters
1937. You may not vote on this poll

130 6.71%

314 16.21%

386 19.93%
  • 4-10

962 49.66%
  • 11-15

94 4.85%
  • 16-20

19 0.98%
  • 21-25

12 0.62%
  • 25+

20 1.03%
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloading Presses...How many ya got??

counted 33 presses with most bolted down in my family room. I use different dedicated presses for different operations as I don't like to keep changing out dies all the time.

HGS
    Last edited by HGS; 01-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Now there's an idea! Instead of changing dies, just have a press for every caliber! If that's what works, good on ya. I do agree that sometimes setting up and adjusting things can be tedious.
    That is a big + w/ the Lee Classic Cast Iron 4-hole Turret Press. The 4-hole die stations are inexpensive enough. I bought a couple sets of Redding Spacer rings so when switching from 38 Special to .357 or .44 Special to .44 Mag all I have to do is inset the rings for the taller cases. I have the die holders set up for the 38/357, the 44's, .45acp/AR and one for .45 Colt.

I am moving one Lee powder measure around, I may (maybe) have to do something about that

One thing that totally has me T-Totally spoiled is the "old primer dump through a hollow ram" feature of my Redding Ultramag700, Lee classic cast iron O frame and Lee classic cast iron 4-hole turret. I have the tubes running to a plastic bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by HGS View Post
    counted 29 bolted down in both swaging and reloading rooms. Different dedicated presses for different operations as I don't like to keep changing out dies all the time.

HGS

Boolit Grand Master

I've got/getting 4.

1. RCBS RockChucker
    2. Lyman Turret
    3. Dillon SDB
    4. Dillon 550 or LnL

Frosted Boolits

I also hate changing dies and powder droppers....that is why I have 8 progressives dedicated to the 8 cartridges I shoot the most. I also have a couple turret presses set up with some cartridges I don't shoot as often.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Man
    Let's see, 17 in total. Metallic presses: Rockchucker, Bonanza Co-Ax, Lyman All American, Lyman Tru-Line Jr, Dillon 550B, K&N Arbor press for Wilson dies, and four Lyman and Winchester Tong tools. Shotgun presses: Five Ponsness-Warren 800C progressive presses, and two 375 presses.

I was offered a clean Ponsness-Warren Turret press about 25 years ago. It had a set of RCBS carbide ,44 mag dies & shell holder. The guy wanted $50.00. I passed! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! What was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetman View Post
    Let's see, 17 in total. Metallic presses: Rockchucker, Bonanza Co-Ax, Lyman All American, Lyman Tru-Line Jr, Dillon 550B, K&N Arbor press for Wilson dies, and four Lyman and Winchester Tong tools. Shotgun presses: Five Ponsness-Warren 800C progressive presses, and two 375 presses.

Banned
    a Hollywood, Pacific c, Redding 7, CH 333, RCBS A2, RCBS Rockchucker, Dillon SDB, 10 MEC's, a couple of Herters, a Safari and a Bonanza Co Ax. I downsized a little in the past few years. Some others that I have had include Lyman Americans, Spartans and Spar T's, CH c frames, RCBS Partners and Juniors, CH Autochamps, more Dillon SDB, Wells C frames, Hornady Projectors(junk by the way), a couple of Stars, and I am sure I have missed a few. Favorite press is still the Redding 7 that I bought in the 1960's. Reason is that 1 stroke of the handle moves the ram up and down. Makes it great for seating. Russ

Boolit Master
    Blanket what is a Safari press? Do you have pictures?

Thanks

r1kk1

Banned
    It is a shotgun press made in the 60's, It is basically just a lever with a 3 pronged piece attached to it to decap, seat wads and crimp. the dies are loose.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanket View Post
    It is a shotgun press made in the 60's, It is basically just a lever with a 3 pronged piece attached to it to decap, seat wads and crimp. the dies are loose.
    Thank you Blanket.

Take care

r1kk1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by r1kk1 View Post
    Thank you Blanket.

Take care

r1kk1
    PM me your email address and I will send some pictures, not very computer savy on picture posting

Currently, changes every week I think:

RCBS rock chucker
    RCBS jr
    Dillon sl900
    Bair 600
    Mec 650 progressive
    2 pacific dl155's
    Echo c frame
    Lee c frame

On the way (coming to me via USPS)

RCBS RS2
    Pacific c frame

Maybe I should get rid of a few but my hoarding problem doesn't let me.

Oh yeah, there is an old acme shotgun press in mint condition somewhere down there.

Two Dillon RL 550b's, Two Rock Chuckers and two MEC 600 jr's in 12 gauge and .410. I've had at least that many that were traded or sold in the past.

Flash
    You Gotta Die Of Something........It May As Well Be Something That You Like!

Lovin' the Harley Idle: potato........potato...........potato

Boolit Mold
    3 total

"The work horse" 1050, just for 300BLK
    "The most versatile" 650 with case feeder
    RCBS Sigle stage for anything I need to do without removing the tool heads on the Dillons

4 Mecs for shotgun
    1 T-7
    1 Dillon 550
    1 Co-Ax
    1 Lyman O-mag

All get used

hotbrew
    Life is good, if you don't weaken...
    There is prudence in public knowledge of who can own guns, but there is danger in knowing who does own guns

Five including a Ponsness Warren 375c setup for 12 and 20 gauge...Two RCBS Ammomaster Autos, a Dillon 450 (I just bought to replace a LCT) and an RCBS Ammomaster 2 single stage (I also have all the parts needed to turn this into a progressive if I wanted)....that's all I have room for and actually is more than I need. Also, I'm really surprised at the number of folks that seem to really dislike changing out dies....or resetting powder measures....I find that a non-issue but maybe I just have more time on my hands than some....

Boolit Master
    Over in the "Our Town" Forum is thread titled "Your last three guns".

I hope no one tries to pin me down to my last Three Presses!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

2 Lee 1000s
    1 Dillon 550 B
    2 RCBS rock chuckers

All mounted and used often have to admit the rock chuckers are used more for sizing and pulling boolits than loading anything

Soon to be added a manual indexing Lee classic turret just because.... well just because
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

3 Lee "C" frames ,1 Lee 1000,1 Lee w/the interchangeable 3 hole turrets (about 17/18 turrets w/dies),1 Lyman T-mag w/2loaded turrets,1 RCBS Partner, 1 Lyman EZY-Loader, seems like I'm forgetting some...Oh well Paul

Only 2 at the moment, an RCBS Rock Chucker for making gas checks and a Lee Breech Lock for all rifle and 44 Mag rounds. Im getting molds, dies, etc.. for 9mm, 380 and 45ACP so I may want to think of a progressive press in the very near future...

Doc

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast