RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data

View Poll Results: How many reloading presses do you have?

Voters
1934. You may not vote on this poll

129 6.67%

313 16.18%

386 19.96%
  • 4-10

962 49.74%
  • 11-15

94 4.86%
  • 16-20

19 0.98%
  • 21-25

12 0.62%
  • 25+

19 0.98%
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloading Presses...How many ya got??

Boolit Master
    I could use another one .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    I could use another one .
    Me too! I need a dedicated custom sizing press made from a member on this site...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redding T-7
    Dillon 650 with 6 tool heads 44 mag, 308, 6.5 CM, 6.5 Grendel, 45 auto 223
    RCBS RC
    RCBS Pro 2000
    Star progressive for 38 spl
    Mec 20ga
    Mec 12ga

Need Mecs for 410 28 and 16ga
    Need 650 Tool heads for 9mm, 40 cal and 357

Other dodads on the bench
    Giurad Case Trimmer, forester case trimmer, lyman case trimmer, Giraud Annealer, dillon powder scales, 4 rcbs uniflows and culver powder measur, rcbs strip primer 4 of the old style lee hand primers, Dillon primer pocket swager,stainless steel media tumbler, mics armorers and gunsmithing tools and vises, redding, powder dribbler, saeco lubrisizer and a Star Lubrisizer, Misc bullet molds, reloading dies and books and in the shop a takisawa tsl-800 14x30 lathe and bridgeport Mill

Time to collect all this about 30 years

So how I use my tools and what I can pass along to save you a few bucks
    The Redding T-7 It is my go to press for small batch and match work, if you want/or need a turret press its worth the money
    The RCBS RC is set up for portable reloading for R&D at the range
    The RCBS Pro 2000 is set up for processing brass (Resizing) after the first cleaning of my brass with SS tumbler then a second cleaning to remove the lube. A note on the Pro 2000 I bought this before the dillon Its a good press and RCBS has outstanding customer service but its not a dillon.
    The Dillon is for production work, if you shoot a lot its worth money and you can add tool heads as needed and money allows, complete tool head and stand run about 225.00, I have the case feeder for mine and crank out a 1000 rnds in no time at all. If you buy a dillon get a case feeder.
    The Star was recently acquired and I have not used it yet.
    The Lee Hand Primers, I like hand priming my brass and for the money I have not found anything better, the RCBS strip primer came with the Pro 2000 and collects dust. I like hand priming because i dont have to worry about my progressive press running out of primers or missing priming a case
    The Dillon Primer Pocket swager if your a brass packrat then you have probable scrounged range brass that has a crimped primer pocket, I have not found any other tool that processes crimped pockets as fast as the dillon, I think its the super swagger
    The Mecs are for the scatterguns simple and efficient they work.
    Ok so I bought the forester case trimmer then the lyman then the giruad case trimmer my best advice that I can give anyone is buy the Giraud case trimmer and be done you can easily trim deburr and chamfer 750 to 1000 cases per hr. The Forester and lyman are dust collectors now.
    The SS media tumbler only way to fly if you like brass that looks new and clean primer pockets build one or buy one you won't be disappointed
    The Giruad annealer I use it to extend the case life of my rifle cases it is a well thought piece of equipment set your flame, set your speed dial, load the hopper and short order you can have an ammo can full of annealed brass. Its also great for annealing for case reforming work I make 6.5 rem mag brass from 7mm mag brass and annealing removes the work hardness in the brass caused by reforming. I could see no benefits in annealing for better accuracy, however for extending match brass life, or expensive brass like weatherby or 338 Lapua and others annealing will extend your case life.
    The Mill and the Lathe well if you can dream it up, broke it, lost it, or cant wait for one to come on the brown truck you can make it on a mill or the lathe.

Observations from Shooting and reloading for 30 plus years.
    Read the directions
    If the bolt sticks back off the powder charge
    If your really into accuracy get a good rest and bags
    When your groups wont tighten up any more play with the bullet seating depth.
    If your accuracy is degrading from throat erosion add more powder and seat the bullets out a little further.
    If your primer pockets are loose try russian primers they run just a bit larger in diameter.
    If you shoot a lot go progressive after you have the basics down.
    Buy the best equipment you can afford at the time then trade up.
    Hit the Estate sales remember Old guys have good stuff.
    Keep a range book for load data.
    Try R&D reloading at the range it will save you ton of money and time.
    Buy a chronograph if you like reloading for long distance shooting and the get a bullet flight type app for your smart phone.
    Learn the difference between MOA and Mil and the math values for both, pick one and set up all your scoped rifles the same.
    Learn the difference between first focal plain and second focal plain scopes. I try to put the same scope on every rifle I own, personally I like first focal plain and a mil reticle.
    Lock up your guns in a safe and put them in gun socks I turn my gun socks inside out and spray with wd40 then turn right side in put my gun in it never had one get any safe rust on it.
    Get a bore guide for cleaning and single piece cleaning rods and clean from the chamber to the muzzle when possible.
    Remember the hammer, pliers and visegrips are not your friends they are crude tools designed as a last resort.
    Clean you new dies and guns before using them they have protective film of rust inhibitor on them that needs to be removed before using.
    If you have kids lock up the powder trust me if you have a son he will make a certain device with your powder that is not for shooting and it wont go bang it will go BOOM.
    Dont go to the range dressed like Rambo you look like an idiot.
    Muzzle breaks are for guns that kick your AR 15 does not need one and if your next to me at the range with one on your AR 15 I am gonna pull out the 338 Lapua and make your ears ring for a couple of days.
    Last edited by Gunners Mate; 10-05-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Boolit Master

Press how many

I think that Gunnersmate say`s it all, good post!

Boolit Master
    three now .

Boolit Mold
    Four in use right now. Two dillons, a T7 and a very old Rockchucker.

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I am pretty much just a piker. I only have 4 now. A 70s Rock Chucker, a Spartan, a 70s Lyman SparT and a RCBS Jr. I have owned several others ( a second Jr., a Lee(the one that came free with the book) a Redding Boss) They mostly went to folks just getting into the game who needed a little help to get started.

Boolit Mold
    I'm a piker by what I'm reading here, only two and maybe only one of them qualifies. I use a Redding BOSS for just about all my loading chores, then I have a B-Square arbor press for the few Wilson dies sets that I have (can't count the RCBS luber-sizer).

Boolit Master
    One Square Deal that I've loaded every round on for well over twenty years (pistol only, obviously). I also have a Lee C press, but only so I can size what I cast.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Life having happened .
    RC Partner
    RCJR
    RC
    RCII
    Big Max A4
    Lyman Spartan
    Pacific "C" type can't remember the model ...
    Pacific "0" by Hornady , the press is lighter than an RC I don't know the model on it either from here .
    I have 5 MEC 600/650 jr
    A MEC Grabber 12 ga
    A MEC size master
    2 DL155
    And a Texan probably progressive 12 ga I put in the truck to haul home last night .

If someone has a 410 or 10 ga press they'd like to be rid of and need a 12 ga I might have a couple of spares ........
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Mold
    Dillon 550 and RCBS RockChucker. Also a host of Wilson hand dies plus too many ( is there such a thing?? ) Shotgun reloaders )

Boolit Buddy
    Only 3!

Boolit Grand Master

I have one more as a Pacific Supermag showed up at the front door this week.

Boolit Master
    1 my first press an old liberty single stage. I learned on it still have it and use it. I have replaced the hinge pins twice now. 2 is a rcbs rock chucker. I use that mostly for case forming.

Boolit Master

It looks like I missed out on the poll, but here they are:

1. Dillon 550B
    2. Ponsness-Warren Metallic II
    3. Hollywood Senior
    4. Hollywood Super Turret
    5. Hollywood Senior Turret
    6. Hollywood Model-II
    7. Hollywood Model-III Special Deluxe
    8. Phelps (unmounted)
    9. Lyman All-American (unmounted)
    10. Dunbar Model-1 (unmounted)
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just two currently--RCBS RockChucker and a Ponsness-Warren P-200 semi-progressive for handgun and small rifle work. Considering a P-W rifle version semi-progressive in near future.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Attachment 231610Just added another Dillon for .300 blkout. Had my weld shop put together a pedestal as I had run out of bench.

Boolit Mold
    Had to think about it, but am up to 16. All working.
    For metallic: Dillon 550C, RCBS Special, (2) Lee Breech Locks and a Lee Loader, if that counts.
    For shot: Hornady 366, PW 375, old Pacific DL-150, (4) Pacific DL-155's in various gauges and setups, Lyman Easy, (2) Lee Load-All, and one very old Lachmiller Super Jet.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I don't remember what I voted now but since then I was given a Pacific in Hornady red I learned to load on with Dad and his original RC plus his MEC 500 Jr , a Texan progressive and a Pacific 155 all in 12 ga . There is another press in his stuff . That takes me to 6 Mecs , a Texan , 4 Pacific , 2 Lyman , 4 RCBS , and a Lachmiller .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I have a few,I have a
    Simplex Master O frame press
    Super Simplex press uses 5/8 dies
    Lee C press
    Lee Classic Turret
    Lee Pro1000
    RCBS II Lubesizer and thinking of getting a Lee Classic Cast press
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast