Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

View Poll Results: How many reloading presses do you have?

Voters
1934. You may not vote on this poll

129 6.67%

313 16.18%

386 19.96%
  • 4-10

962 49.74%
  • 11-15

94 4.86%
  • 16-20

19 0.98%
  • 21-25

12 0.62%
  • 25+

19 0.98%
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloading Presses...How many ya got??

Boolit Bub
    I guess I'm at 14 now. Since I last posted I added a Lyman Spartan, got it mainly for the extremely hard to find primer catcher, Lee Classic Cast, my birthday present to me, and a Lyman T-mag that I thought was too reasonable to not bid on. I entered too many digits by accident as the bid was closing but got it for three dollars more than I intended. It's much more stout than my old Spar-T.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Two MEC 9000G's,1 MEC Grabber, 2 MEC Hustlers, 1 Dillon 450, 2 sets of dies for it, 2 SDB's, 550B (7 die sets for it), 10 or 11 MEC single stage,( my old man's stuff I learned this addicting hobby on- RIP Baldy) 4 Lee s/g loaders, 2 RCBS single stage presses, one OLD Lyman single stage press, one old Pacific press (I don't know what it's called) Yeah, guess that's bout it. Like, a lifetime of equipment ya know?? Haven't bought too much factory ammo since 1972, thanks to my dad and our neighbor who introduced us to a lifetime hobby! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Man
    Hornady LNL AP with case feeder, 2 MEC Sizemasters (1 12gauge and 1 in 20), and a LEE single stage for sizing.

Boolit Mold

RCBS Partner Press, a RCBS RS2, a RCBS Ammo Master Progressive and a Hornady APEX Maybe its time to update

Frosted Boolits

Update!? Heck no! They dont make them like they used to!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Master
    2 Lee
    2 Rockchuckers
    1 Bonanza Coax
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money.

I recently added two more presses. I inherited an old Dillon Square Deal. It was in sad shape having been stored in an unheated outbuilding for years. I shipped it off to Dillon and they refurbed it to almost like new. I also picked up a Lee Challenger Breech Lock press new in box for $40 at an auction.

With these two, I'm almost up to the 11-15 category on the poll. Only a couple more to go.

David
    Cats are fun and magical when you can't smell their poop! Fresh Step!

JPFO; NCOWS; NRA (Life); NYSRPA (Life); SAF, SASS

I'm looking for a shooter grade Smith & Wesson Victory model in .38 Special.

Well I have 3 Mecs and 2 texans,3 Lee shotgun 2 are hand press,1 Lyman T Press and one Honaday single stage
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Just got my second up and running!! Hornady LNL AP and a Lee Classic Cast Turret. Will probably never buy another, these 2 can do anything I need to do.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

Frosted Boolits

Will probably never buy another, these 2 can do anything I need to do.
    LMAO! Just wait...you will end up with more...

the BB knows

Boolit Grand Master

I only have 3. An RCBS Rock Chucker, a Dillon 550B and a Sinclair Arbor press. I'm not a rookie, these just cover everything that I load. The Rock Chucker was an upgrade from a Herters "C" frame, the Dillon was my entry into the progressive world and the Sinclair is for my BR stuff.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I have 6, I think.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Bub
    Why is it that people have more than say, 3 presses? I know it is convenient to have a press setup for something you reload on a regular basis, but 10 or more presses??? What is the reason?

Not counting my Mec 12 and 20 shotshell presses, I have one. A rcbs jr3. Its the one I started with. Never felt I had the need for more than it.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle867 View Post
    Why is it that people have more than say, 3 presses? I know it is convenient to have a press setup for something you reload on a regular basis, but 10 or more presses??? What is the reason?
    Well, Let's see. I have a RCBS Rock Chucker for my big rifles, two Dillon 550's, one set up for large primer and the other for small primer. A Lee single stage that I bought to process 5.56 brass with, an old Mec 700 Versamec "No longer made" for my 12 ga shotguns and one "other".
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    This poll actually makes me feel better about myself. I think it's the first "How many" poll on the site where I wasn't in the top category.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Frosted Boolits

You answered your own question.

I enjoy reloading, but I enjoy shooting more. My hobby time is VERY limited and I'd rather spend more time shooting than reloading.

the BB knows

Boolit Master

14 here. The old RCBS Rock Chucker with which I started out. The two with permanent bench mounts are the Dillon 550 and the RCBS A-3. The old Dillon 450 is about to be set up on it's own mounting plate for cowboy 45 Colt. In addition, there is an RCBS A-2, 2 Partners and a new Summit; the Bonanza Co-Ax, 2 Redding T-7s, a Lee Classic Cast and Lee Classic Turret. One T-7, the Co-Ax and one Partner are mounted on steel plates, with iron C-clamps for quick mounting. This Partner has a universal decapping die installed. There's a Lee hand press and an old Huntington Compac press that is part of the road kit.

I like tools.

I see I'm amongst others with the same disease...
    1 Lee Breech single stage
    1 RCBS Rock Chucker
    1 Dillon 550b lg primer,
    1 Dillon 550b sm primer. (2 Dillons)
    The LG powder load drop is typically on the LGp, and small on the SMp, but I swap powder measures if I'm doing 45acp lg primer or other handgun load. I've considered getting more than my 2 powder measures for real "quick change" but these Dillon measures are just mediocre, and unless I find them used, or a way to use another type measure, I'll stick with 2...
    I have several "blocks" made up with my other calibers, so changing is a pretty nice swap.

Boolit Buddy
    I began casually collecting them as a hobby. For a period of time about 10 years ago it seemed that at many gun shows and/or shops I went to there was a used press for sale for a cheap price. I already had a couple that I've had since the late 60's early 70's, so I thought it would be nice to begin a modest collection.

The collection quickly exceeded 20 before 2008 when prices hit the roof. I have probably not added any more that 2-3 since then.

One deal I could not pass up was a box containing an RCBS Rockchucker, a CH two position H press, two scales, seven sets of dies, several boxes of loading bullets and other accessories for $50.00 at a local gun shop. Those days are long gone.

Isaac

Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast