Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox

View Poll Results: How many reloading presses do you have?

Voters
1934. You may not vote on this poll

129 6.67%

313 16.18%

386 19.96%
  • 4-10

962 49.74%
  • 11-15

94 4.86%
  • 16-20

19 0.98%
  • 21-25

12 0.62%
  • 25+

19 0.98%
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloading Presses...How many ya got??

Banned

4 now, all covered. 2 dillons, 2 loadmasters.

I'm down to two. A Lee 4 hole turret and a Lee hand press for the range. Last summer I sold off a 550 Dillon, a Square Deal, and a Lee Loadmaster. My thinking was I don't shoot enough anymore to justify all that. Of course, now I'm loading more than I ever have. I'm playing with the idea of adding another press, but will probably just pickup a used single stage for depriming. I'll be going through Hartford in a couple weeks. Maybe I should just pick up another turret and pull out the driveshaft. When I sold everything, I bought turrets for each set of dies and a half dozen extras.

Boolit Buddy
    I have three left. A Hornady LNL AP. A Lee Classic Turret and a Lee Classic cast single stage. The single stage is converted to use Lock N Load bushings.
    Jim

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Thomas Jefferson 1803

Banned
    This is interesting. I posted earlier on having 11 or 13 presses & have been reading what others have in the way of presses. I can remember back to only having 1 press (a "C") & then getting a O mag, then my first (semi) progressive, a P. Warness I think, a Co-Ax, then another & another then a Dillon, then another & another & another, plus a couple Mecs along the way.

There isn't a time I go down to work in my shop that I don't think about building another bench & getting the ones not mounted put up, AND get some more presses! Plus some more cast bullet sizers & other "stuff".

I can't believe how many people only have one or 2 or so presses & get by with no trouble.

Me, I want a dedicated press for every caliber I shoot over once a year.

Well have to go down & size some .458s down to .454 for some nice heavy 340 gr cassul loads. That's why I want more sizers, so I can have one dedicated to all the individual sizes used most often & not have to dick with unscrewing the sizer dies from the RCBS sizer, a PIA.

Boolit Master
    Gunoil: When I first saw that picture, I thought it was 4 talibans sitting in your garage!

Boolit Bub
    Wow I'm way behind the curve, only one cheap Lee press for me so far.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fattires View Post
    Wow I'm way behind the curve, only one cheap Lee press for me so far.
    Well that's a start!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    I have two presses and trying to figure out what to use the second one for.....

Boolit Bub
    Dillon 550 and the Rockchucker. I am pretty good now, though would love another 550 in the future.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohica793 View Post
    I have two presses and trying to figure out what to use the second one for.....
    well if you load for all the Weatherby cals, most all pistol cals, most standard rifle cals, numerous wildcats, & a number of metrics, having numerous presses comes in handy.

That would be perfectly acceptable, PROVIDED the vehicle was running and all the garage doors were tightly locked.

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    Gunoil: When I first saw that picture, I thought it was 4 talibans sitting in your garage!

Boolit Mold
    2 Lee and 1 LNL

Oh my I see a gas cylinder not chained to the wall. I've seen the aftermath of one of those falling over.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTC View Post
    Oh my I see a gas cylinder not chained to the wall. I've seen the aftermath of one of those falling over.
    If you look a little closer you'll see that the cylinder is on a stand, probably a two wheel stand and chained at that.
    I'm not there, gunoil is. I'm sure he feels that it is stable.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by sidecarmike View Post
    I'm down to two. A Lee 4 hole turret and a Lee hand press for the range. Last summer I sold off a 550 Dillon, a Square Deal, and a Lee Loadmaster. My thinking was I don't shoot enough anymore to justify all that. Of course, now I'm loading more than I ever have. I'm playing with the idea of adding another press, but will probably just pickup a used single stage for depriming. I'll be going through Hartford in a couple weeks. Maybe I should just pick up another turret and pull out the driveshaft. When I sold everything, I bought turrets for each set of dies and a half dozen extras.
    Picked up an old cast iron CH press for $20 at the gun show last week. Plan to use it for depriming. I use a Lee universal die to pop the primers before I clean my brass. This way I can put one of the grandkids to work when they come to visit.

At this rate I'll be back on a progressive soon.

Boolit Mold
    I could probably use another. I hate changing dies once I get then set perfectly.

Boolit Bub
    I sort-of have two, sorta one. I just moved so I don't have a bench yet. Luckily, I have a Lee Hand Press, which I have been using for years. Even when I had a bench, I'd use the Lee for neck expanding. Don't need the leverage of a benchtop and you can fit everything in your lap for quick, handy work, where ever you're sitting. Other press is a little RCBS single stage.

One single stage Lee Classic Cast for hunting (bolt) rifle ammo reloading.

Poll shows the majority has between 4 & 10 reloaders....Really? Some of us have a terrible affliction! They need help. LOL

Boolit Bub
    I have a Lee hand press for range work or to take along to the hunting camp, especially if I take along my 338-06, an RCBS that I use for all my rifle loading, two Lee 3 hole auto index turret presses for pistols, and a Lee Challenger which I have a Lee Automator mounted on. I also have a turret for every set of pistol calibers I own, which I interchange on my turret presses or Automator, not presses but own a Lyman 450 and an RCBS Lubrisizer.

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast