Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Loading press lights, KMS Squared

Boolit Master

Loading press lights, KMS Squared

Some years ago,, I had the desire to add lights to my Dillon presses. I studied several, and most used the center hole of the toolhead to add a light. Then I found a different approach. A company called "KMS Squared."
    Flat, thin contoured light strips, that adhere to the underside of the press body, above the rising shellplate were what impressed me. So, I ordered a single "kit" which had all the stuff,, for one press.
    Once I got it,, I realized it was perfect, and ordered more for my other presses.

Now,,, KMS Squared is Veteran owned & operated. David,, the owner was very quick & accommodating in handling my orders. Top quality all around.

I really didn't pay much attention to the "Lifetime Warranty" statement on the packaging & all.

Well, about 2 weeks ago,,, I was showing my KMS Squared lights to a fellow reloader,, and noticed that it seemed a little "off" in brightness. I discovered that somehow,, I had torn a piece of the light strip, to where a few of the lights could no longer work. I immediately decided I needed to order a replacement, AND decided to buy a "spare" in case I did it again.

Off to the KMS website, and an email was sent. David was very prompt in replies, and said they warranty stuff, unless obvious damage occurred. He wanted my order info to track me in their system. I had no clue about that. At first, he thought I may have ordered it off Amazon, but I allowed I had not. He was able to find my original order info once I gave him more details on me. (My business name was on my account with them.) He asked for a couple of pictures,, one with the light on, and one with it turned off. I sent those,, admitting that it was most likely my fault it got damaged.
    He replied that he would replace my light strip for the cost of postage,, $5.99.
    I said I wanted to buy a spare, and a few other items. Again, NO PROBLEMS,, and he even stated that shipping would be free on my entire order if it was over $50.00. That would make the replacement free. My order didn't total more than $50.00 but I didn't care.

I share all of this because I want to share how good KMS Squared has been. In our ever shrinking world of good customer service,, it's refreshing to find such good, fast & honest excellent customer service.

I've preached before on how good these lights are,, and now,, that I needed something else,, they stepped up immediately & took care of my issue quickly & fairly.

If anybody needs a reloading press light system,, (and I highly recommend them,) KMS Squared offers a pretty good selection for many presses.

Moderator Emeritus

I have this brand lights on my Dillon 550b; my Forster Co-ax; and, my MEC Marksman presses! I, too, cannot say enough "good" about the product! And... I've had/used them for quite a while with zero challenges!
    geo

Boolit Master
    Ahh,, another satisfied user!

Boolit Master
    Same here, got them as a bday present from the wife. Don’t know how I got along without it

Great to hear. Their website will go in my favorites.

Boolit Buddy

I have same on my Dillon and love it. It is an excellent product at a very reasonable price. Veteran owned is another good reason to buy one.

Boolit Mold
    I got them on my Dillon 550 and they work great.

I met him in Frisco, when he gave me his first samples to try out. I didn't think I needed the product because I already have 8 over head lights in my fairly small reloading room/office. I was wrong, they are great. Well worth the <$20 they sell for.

He keeps adding presses too.

https://kmssquared.com/collections

Boolit Master
    Well .......... that clinches which lights I am buying!

Thank you for the write up!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Bub
    Great customer service and veteran owned, I'll be ordering in the morning. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Boolit Master
    I'm glad to see my experiences have helped a few folks here get a GOOD set of lights.