Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: refurbish Dillon RL450, hold my hand.

refurbish Dillon RL450, hold my hand.

Please, I need encouragement today:
    As I have said elsewhere I traded off my RL550 with all the acutrements to my friend.
    Now I am reconstituting my 450. but not without some difficulty.
    the bellcrank slotted lever spits out the rod.
    and the primer slide wont move freely.
    what to do?
    much obliged, Max

Boolit Master

Try pushing the rod in or out just a bit. Grease the primer slid a bit. https://www.dillonprecision.com/sdb-product-videos.html Dillon's Tech support can be your best friend.

Boolit Bub
    I haven't used Dillon CS in years, but unless something has changed, send them the machine with a note about the problems, and they will send you back a working machine.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5X284ever View Post
    I haven't used Dillon CS in years, but unless something has changed, send them the machine with a note about the problems, and they will send you back a working machine.
    Bub, tempting!
    Guys, much obliged,

HI ya, primer slide was dirt: probably coatiing for lead boolits, years ago.
    the rod thingie solved. I had it inside out Thanks for heads up Kung on the videos.

Also getting the 124gn plated seated on my Redding Titanium Carbide 88172 dies is proving difficult. As we all know, plated boolits need only a tiny crimp.
    Well this seating die is putting too much, pressure and I can't get it to right length and seated to 1.20".
    I'll switch to Lee dies, see if thats the cure.
    Much obliged,
    Last edited by max it; 05-19-2024 at 05:32 PM.

Boolit Master

You may want to try to bell the case a bit more and then try to get the col set with brass/dummy rounds in every station. Then tighten down under pressure aka a round in the die. Then you should be right on. By the way if you are buying plated boolits try these:https://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=ZBJ-9MM Free shipping and they cost just about as much as a plated bullet, but they are jacketed. Get a chamber checker https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012687515?pid=744135 drop in the loaded round if it fits you are good to go.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wouldn’t it be appropriate to place this query anywhere besides Casting and Reloading HAND Tools? I’m having a hard time thinking of any less appropriate place for it to be.
    Just for laughs, try offering it for sale anywhere besides Swappin’ and Sellin’ and see what happens. There is a reason these forums have titles.
    Green Frog
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by kungfustyle View Post
    You may want to try to bell the case a bit more and then try to get the col set with brass/dummy rounds in every station. Then tighten down under pressure aka a round in the die. Then you should be right on. By the way if you are buying plated boolits try these:https://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=ZBJ-9MM Free shipping and they cost just about as much as a plated bullet, but they are jacketed. Get a chamber checker https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012687515?pid=744135 drop in the loaded round if it fits you are good to go.
    Nearly there...Redding seating die leaves ring around projectile. Used JB Weld to fill in void; it's drying now.
    Much obliged, Max

Sent from my SM-A546V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by max it; Today at 01:41 PM.