RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Piggyback press woes

Boolit Bub

Piggyback press woes

Having a little trouble with a new to me Piggyback press. I have another Piggyback2 press that I bought new and it's been good to me for close to 30 years.
    I just got this second press a few months ago and apparently the primer plug stop is worn out on the shell plate carrier. It is made a little differently than my other press. There looks to be a nylon insert held in with a pressed in bushing from the bottom of the carrier.

Has anyone had any luck repairing this themselves? RCBS says these parts are no longer available and the entire carrier is also out of stock. I have found a nylon bushing that has the right ID to stop the primer plug from dropping below the level of the primer slide but not sure how to go about pulling the bushing below it out?

Boolit Mold
    These carriers were all over eBay a month ago. Might still be there for around $30. I snagged a couple in two styles. Are we talking about the large Zamac carrier that fits between the ram and the shell plate? Seems like you might grab the setup below off of fleaBay.

Piggyback Parts
    Last edited by Rimfire McNutjob; 05-07-2024 at 11:36 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks Rimfire,

I need to watch EB closer. Yes that is the part I need if it isn't worn out too?

5/9 if figured out how to get ebay alerts so that might help?
    Last edited by JohnForrest; 05-09-2024 at 10:05 AM.

Boolit Mold
    I keep a close eye on that stuff as I'm an Ammomaster Auto user and most of those parts are the same as you are probably aware.