RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Arizona get-together

I will be there still. I may be movin a bit slower when I get up there! but I will still be there. Wrenched my back this weekend, and my hardware doesn't like cold and damp.

Anyways, the TC is a no go. Still having problems with it misfiring. My fault, I went the brute force method of getting the hammer spring installed and I think I tweaked it. It is definitely hitting on the soft side. I also think the locking lugs are not quite seating all the way, so the hammer stop may also be interfering.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    This does not look good:

PAYSON FORCAST

Fri.................60% rain
    Sat..............100% rain

Those Payson dirt roads will be a mess.

I think I will pass on this weekend.

Have fun if you do go.

bangerjim

Boolit Master

We leave @ 10AM, and it's Payson Or Bust!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

I am going to be leaving out of here between 0500 and 053 shooting to be up there around 0800 or so for breakfast.

If I leave 6-6:30 I should see you there - depending upon how much rain they get the dirt road into the range may be messed up unless you have 4 wheel drive.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Got a call from Ed (Range Master) - he says from the weather reports he's seeing he will probably have to close the range due to water on the road going to make it impassible (90% sure)
    - he will call me in the morning at 7am when he makes the final decision and so it looks like just an Eat in at the Airport for us - But it will be good to see some new faces and connect to names - sorry that I picked wrong place and time for a shoot.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

We are still coming up, will try to be there around 8-830.
    Im still bringing the boomstick and popgun, incase we get lucky and the range is open.

I was not able to get the trophy done, the machine it was supposed to run on did not finish its production job in time. So next time......

Hopefully all will work out and the weather and turnout will be better.
    See you in the morning!

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Grand Master
    Hope you guys have fun eating. I have been in too many "mud bog rallies" living in Wy!

I do not want to take my new Lexus 450H "off road"!

Hope to see y'all next time.

banger

Artful, God has a sick sense of humor and one of the meets later on down the road we will get his humor and be laughing our asses off at it. " hey, remember that meet up in Payson where so and so got out of their car and found themselves knee deep in mud!"

It's all good, it was more about the company than punching holes in paper for me. I should have enough time to get the TC smoothed out and have some boolits to shoot for next time too.

So I will see you guys at the restaurant! and it will be me and my .40

Boolit Master
    How did I go guys? I got smacked around with hail in N Phx

Boolit Master

Well, there were four hardy Cast Booliteers that showed up @ Crosswind Restaurant Saturday AM. Echo, Pinsnscrews, Artful, and Az-Jim showed what they were made of. There was some rain, but not really bad, and it looked as though shooting wouldn't be all that much of a trial. Echo especially showed what he was made of when he bowed out of the shooting, saying the WX was too much for his ancient frame. I hope the other 3 guys got some cap-bustin' taken care of.
    GF & I went to Zane Grey's cabin (see picture), and the Rim Country Museum, and really enjoyed it. The docents were knowledgeable and made the effort a pleasure. There's a good story about the cabin, but I won't report it here. We also visited the Kohl Ranch Resort - Really Nice! Eighteen miles East of Payson, and worth going for a drink just to look the place over.
    Then rained on us going home to Tucson, but cleared up before we got to Phoenix. Nice weather, we stopped by son Jim's place to leave the 7.62 brass I had gotten for him. Visited for a while, then headed on for Tucson, and hit rain about the time we hit Tucson. We need the rain, so we aren't upset.
    All in all, a small disappointment since there were so few Casters there, but those of us that made it enjoyed it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZGCabin.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	98304
    Last edited by Echo; 03-02-2014 at 10:22 AM.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

We continued talking till about 10:30 then hit the local Walmart to see if they had anything of interest -
    stock's are low there - but we got a laugh asking if they had 22LR in stock. I with my 2 wheel drive with street tire took the range master's advise and didn't try to drive out on the dirt road to the range but
    AZ-Jim and Pinsnscrews were going to give it a go.

I think next meet up should be down Tucson way.
    March 29th and 30th there is a gun show in Tucson
    http://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/t...ns-roadrunner/
    The McMann’s Roadrunner Tucson Expo Gun Show will be held on March 29th - 30th, 2014. This Tucson, AZ gun show will be held at the Tucson Expo Center and is hosted by McMann's Roadrunner of Arizona. All Federal, State and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.

There is something for everyone! There will be Ammo, Guns, Knives, Swords, Gun Accessories, Shooting Accessories, Coins, Books, Fishing Equipment, Jewelry, Safes, Collectibles and so much more.

The McMann's Roadrunner Gun Show is family owned and operated with a family friendly environment. For over 30 years members of the NRA promote these events with honesty, integrity as well as reliability.
    Could do a triple threat - Breakfast - Gunshow and Shoot

Thoughts
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master

Good idea. I'll start a new thread - this one is getting too long...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U

We got to the gate, the road wasn't that bad (says he who was driving a Kia Soul with street tires).

Sadly, the range was not opened. There was an extra set of tracks on the way I...but no additional tracks leading out, so I thought at least the range was open. Still don't know where the extra tracks lead off to, but it wasn't the range.

So who is going to the Tucson meet up March 29th?
    je suis charlie

Boolit Grand Master
    I have another organization meeting that day, so I will not be there. Been planned for 6 months!

banger

Boolit Grand Master

Any upcoming AZ get togethers over this way?

Larry Gibson

Boolit Grand Master
    I think it kinda died on the vine. I hope not!!!!!

The "up north" one got rained out and the Tucson one had too many "other things" going on it sounds like.

bangerjim

Boolit Master

I missed the previous events but would really like to see another. Lets keep this going.

Anybody in the Phoenix area this Saturday at 1:00. Arizona Arms is having their monthly meeting at the Sunnyslope VFW. Guests are always welcomed and no pressure to become members. The club is geared more toward collectors than shooters. The collectors can be anything from antique muzzle loaders, swords, militaria or highly specialized like Colt S&W etc. The meetings are mini-gunshows with some gun-related goods usually offered for sale or trade. Unfortunately the bar adjacent to the meeting room is open to VFW members only.

Anybody looking to go, send me a private, I'll meet you there and introduce you.

I've been working a ton and missed the last couple but hopefully things will slow down a bit at work soon. If someone sets a date and time I will do my best to attend but unfortunately I can't make any promises.