RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Tray Ideals

Boolit Buddy

Thank you.

Boolit Buddy
    Just found this place...looks like a great solution without having to locate plate and drill holes...I still need to explore more but it looks very promising

http://www.mcnichols.com/products/pe...ed/round-hole/

Smooth is Fast

I found Loctite "Superflex" Red High Temp RTV silicone adhesive Sealant and used it to anchor my fender washers on the tray I will use for gas check bullets. Seems to glue the washers down OK. As soon as my HF powder gun shows up we will see it the sealant works.

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Bub
    I am going to try some Frekote 700NC mould release on Alu sheet trays. I have never found anything that would stick to this stuff at any temp.

Tried a new approach, using the cut off case necks from 223 (for BO), big side glued to a yard sign plastic, wire attached. Turned the pressure down to barely see the powder come out. Coated great, nose down, NO overspray noticeable except that which stuck to the not completely dried gorrilla glue. Coated all the way to the case mouth - no metal plate underneath to shield the powder & collect over spray. Got lots of cut-offs to use. Don't have to drill holes in plexiglass sheet. Meplat on these is 0.18, Glue mouth down for larger. I pick up with the hemostats to place in oven. I'll recoat the nose & rebake. When they get done cooking I'll check for ridge on the nose.
    Attachment 128070
    No ridge. Marks are from picking up - look almost shiny as sized. Little lite on the PB, GC'd was pretty beat up to start with. Now to find some 1/4" alum. tape for the ground.
    Attachment 128135
    First prototype, just used some fine wire. Nose down, spray, move to flat tray base down, spray noses, then move to oven. Faster than digging out boolits from DT, better coverage. easy clean up as powder doesn't get cooked to this plate, just brush it off.
    Attachment 128174
    Did these in 1 1/2 hr. including set up, picking up with hemostats is easy as nose is easy to get to. After nose coating, easy to move to the oven. I stopped using the cardboard shield, not really needed. Easy cleanup, excess powder brushes off the plastic easy, metal plate is worse.
    Last edited by popper; 01-21-2015 at 01:28 PM.
    Whatever!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567