Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware Taurus 480 Raging Bull

Boolit Buddy

Beware Taurus 480 Raging Bull

There was thread on here earlier about the 480 Bulls and numerous peoples desire to own one.
    I made comment about mine breaking and sending it back to Taurus last June.
    Well I was finally contacted today,apparently someone at Taurus forgot about me and they were sorry I had not been contacted earlier.
    Message was Mr. Meisel,since the 480 Raging Bull is no longer in production,your revolver was destroyed and we will issue you a $640.00 credit towards any Taurus handgun you wish to purchase.............
    Think about that for a minute!!

seems like they lost it.
    my feedback. ive done a few more but never get feedback.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=beex215

Boolit Master
    What do you think you will get?

Boolit Buddy
    Kind of a big reason I don't like dealing with Taurus/Rossi. Sure they have an awesome warranty but all I see them is breaking all the time. And your story is ridiculous. Destroying your property. No they should give you a check for $700 for destroying it for no reason.

Boolit Master

Sounds like they did you a favor!

I'd be upset too though.

Boolit Buddy
    I should add this also.
    There was a pin that was apparently integral to the frame that broke,could not cock it for a single action shot,but would cycle double action.
    Local gunsmith said he could fix it for about $30,but would have to drill a hole in the frame to attach a fabricated pin,thus hole and pin would be visible. He suggested sending it to Taurus since it had a lifetime warranty and have them fix it correctly.
    So when the gun left I knew for lack of better terms the frame was broken.
    How Tarus handled the situation really has me PFO'D!!
    I think the "Credit" is B.S. A 454 Raging Bull in trade seems pretty logical to me. The 480 really had not been shot all that much,maybe 1,000 rounds and was cosmetically a very easy 95%.
    And as to which "replacement" will I choose? The owner of my LGS is going to pick one out that he will trade me a 44 SBH or 45 BH for,because it aint coming home with me.

Boolit Master
    On the upside now you have a reason to get a Ruger SRH 480. Not to bash Taurus, I own several, but the 480 SRH has been the most accurate revolver I've ever owned and after ~5000 rounds it shows very little wear.

Boolit Buddy
    I already have one.
    I was going to hold the Taurus until I could trade it for one of the new Alaskans when they come out.

Boolit Grand Master

How'd they determine the $640 a legitimate "refund" and was current market price for that weapon. Personally I feel they should at least give you fair market price, perhaps even more for the hassle......in cash.

Boolit Buddy

Never owned a Taurus. Don't know their return policy. But at least on the surface it's disturbing that they destroyed your property without telling you and asking for disposition. I had a similar but better experience with Ruger with their Super Redhawk 480. It developed a pit and crack in the forcing cone. I sent it back. They offered up front to send me another Super Redhawk. I chose a 454 Casull. I doubt they would have sent the old one back to me, and I understand that (liability issues), but at least they told me up front and didn't take forever.

David

I own 3 Taurus hand guns the last one was the Raging Bull 454 Casull which I absolutely love. I also own 3 Rossi Rifles a pair of 92's and a Rio Grande. I've sent the 2 92's back as soon as I got them do to a feeding problem with both returned repaired in 7 business days on their dime. Both have function perfectly since with well over 3000 rounds through both. The Rio Grande was the best finished gun I've owned other than the wood finish which I fixed easily with some stain and tru-oil and has been flawless since.
    Joe

bhn22
    Hopefully they didn't send it to somebody else by mistake, and now just realize it's missing.

Nah, these things don't happen in real life.

Personally, I'd make them pay for the gun, and a price that you're satisfied with. Even if it takes an attorney. Since that revolvers NLA, it has a certain intrinsic value IMO.

Banned

Taurus destroyed it as they did not want the gun to blow up on you because of faulty engineering. They have been doing this for years. It is discontinued for a reason. It is JUNK! Call back and tell them you want full retail refunded to you. You will have to work up the line but you will get it. This is not the first time I have heard of this.

I read that if you send a .357 Max SBH to Ruger you won't get it back

The message is, "Since we own the liability issue, we own every gun that leaves the factory, forever. It was never really yours."

If you sued you would only get the value of the gun, so they just take it. I wonder if they could be charged with theft instead.

Watch for the factory recall on Walker Colts, which had a problem with cylinders bursting. They'll keep them to re-finance the company, and offer owners the original 1847 price as a credit.

Boolit Buddy
    AS AN UPDATE!!!
    Since I went off on Taurus I feel obliged to also post this..
    I finally spoke with a Taurus Customer Service Manager today.
    I explained my case honestly and truthfully and after a few minute discussion with others he agreed with me.
    Point being,regardless of what happened, in the end the representatives were upfront and first class with me.
    The guns may not be the best but I cannot complain about the people that they have working for them.

Good to hear that, even if I don't own a Taurus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmize View Post
    There was thread on here earlier about the 480 Bulls and numerous peoples desire to own one.
    I made comment about mine breaking and sending it back to Taurus last June.
    Well I was finally contacted today,apparently someone at Taurus forgot about me and they were sorry I had not been contacted earlier.
    Message was Mr. Meisel,since the 480 Raging Bull is no longer in production,your revolver was destroyed and we will issue you a $640.00 credit towards any Taurus handgun you wish to purchase.............
    Think about that for a minute!!
    Hmmm, I have a Taurus 480 as well as 3 .454s. I like the .454s best of all of them that I have owned include FA, Ruger. They shoot as good as any, are more comfortable & easy to shoot. The .480 works fine but havn't yet got a good load for it. Sure hope I don't have trouble with them & have to send any of them back. I have a .22 Tracker that I got a couple years ago & havn't even taken it out of the box. Guess I better check it out.lol
    Tom

Boolit Buddy
    All I can say is that after 10 years and constant experimentation and untold pounds of lead and powder including more cash than I feel comfortable with in factory rounds,my 480 RB WOULD NOT shoot with my Ruger SRH. I honestly bought it because of its "compact" size.
    I had my SRH and it's sisters for several years before I bought the Bull.
    I really didn't care for the accuracy of my 3 Single Sixes,but I only kept my 22 Tracker until someone else wanted it.
    My replacement has already been traded for a S&W 329PD.
    FACT of this matter. When checking Blue Book...Ther are a BUNCH of guns,especially members of the "Raging" family that are no longer in production......................

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Taurus destroyed it as they did not want the gun to blow up on you because of faulty engineering.
    Actually, the way I read it was that the pistol was destroyed...in the sense that on arrival they determined that it was "destroyed" as in "no longer viable".

But you received more than the current value considering the amount that you had used it. I recently bought my, "like new" 480 for just $550.
    Jim Isbell:

"If you are not living on the edge, well then, you are just taking up too much space."

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    This is one big reason why I fix guns myself or locally whenever possible, even if I have to pay for it. The biggest reason I am such a Glock fan is that I can buy every single part for a Glock other than slide or frame from literally thousands of places at very reasonable prices.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast