RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper than Dirt RIPOFF

Boolit Buddy

Cheaper than Dirt RIPOFF

ordered some 22 ammo from CTD the other day advertised price was $23 per 500 rnd box, the same as most other online dealers. I got my order the other day, all of a sudden the invoice says 50 round boxes not 500 round, check their website and now the ad says 50 round boxes too, and still charged me the $23. Of course ammo is a non returnable item by their policy so they stuck me with $18 worth of ammo for $138+ ship. Yeah, that's not shady at all. I had heard mixed things about CTD, now I have first hand experience, guess I learned my lesson! I would warn anyone against doing business with CTD if at all possible.

Boolit Master
    What does the email order confirmation invoice say? just curious.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Buddy
    it says 50 round box as well, but when i ordered the title said 500 round. Their site is even the first one that comes up on the search engine when you search CCI quiet 22 brick.

Vendor Sponsor

I have warned about this outfit numerous times here. Their gouging is blatant, and they don't seem to give a Fat Ship about your opinions either.

I have every intention of talking to La Pierre at the shot show this year and I am going to discuss this outfits sponsorship of the TV program as well.

They are a poorly run outfit and their gouging has to affect their sales. I personally want to make it severely affect their sales.

The most severe gouging I have seen from them is "Used M16 mags for $99.95 each" and "CCI .22 RFM 50 round box for $79.95."

Although $23.00/50 round box is pretty egregious as well at .46 cents a round.

Especially when I just paid .12 a round for Federal .22 LR's this week from Centerfire Systems which I found on the http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/ website.

It was $70 a 500rnd brick shipped. Which is still way too much but considering there is none available locally I had to buy something.

Don't buy anything from Cheaper Than Dirt!

And I don't even want to hear any Yap about "free enterprise" and "how they are not gouging," blah, blah, blah!

They suck and that's the long a short of it.

Stop them!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

I dont buy from them.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master

They are BAD news.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Grand Master

Did it say 500 rounds when you hit confirm order? If so it's bait and switch. Turn them into the better business bureau. If their website says 500 but then puts a 50 round box in your that seems like bait and switch as well.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Did it say 500 rounds when you hit confirm order? If so it's bait and switch. Turn them into the better business bureau. If their website says 500 but then puts a 50 round box in your that seems like bait and switch as well.
    that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Only thing is, now their advertisement reflects what I received; 50 round boxes for $29. It's like they realized a typo once I placed my order and corrected it but didn't bother to inform me they were only going to send me 300 rounds instead of the 3000 I thought I was getting.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-024

Love Life
    When did they send the confirmation email? Immediately after submitting the order, or was it after they had changed the pricing?

Boolit Master

The worthless ******** advertise here

If you paid by credit card, dispute the charge with the credit card company.

Don't let the bastiges get away with it.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    As said above, you have recourse thru you credit card company!

False advertising.

I have been successful several times in the past calling my cc's and filing a claim against the payment/merchant. I got my money adjusted to what is should have been.

banger

Boolit Master

Every forum in the country has been posting warnings about CTD for over two years now. No disrespect Buckshot, but my feeling is that anyone buying from them kinda deserves what they get...

Boolit Grand Master

Not everyone goes on the forums or has been in the hobby for two years. I'm wondering when they will go out of business. They're marketing can't keep up w/ word of mouth.

Biggest scumbag gougers out there. I'll never order ANYTHING after watching the **** they pulled.

Vendor Sponsor

As I said I will be talking to either La Pierre or his direct representative at the SHOT in a few weeks. I am going to make it perfectly clear that CTD's actions are not representative of the NRA no matter how much money the donate to the outfit.

I would think that the NRA's direct castigation of CTD's policies would plumb them up in a minute. I would also think that refunds to all the people they have screwed in the last year or so would be good reparations.

Not holding my breath on either front. But still if we keep at it sooner or later it will have a very convincing effect on the Outfit.

It would be nice if the OP could send CTD's CEO a letter a stating how he feels about being screwed, and indicating the impending fall out that is coming.

I doubt he even knows what is going on at the ground level.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I doubt he even knows what is going on at the ground level.
    I'm betting they are his policies. Sending an email isn't going to do anything. I also have a feeling that CTD contributes heavily to the NRA-ILA. So good luck getting them to not take money from them. The Internet will be their downfall in the end. Information can not be stopped.

Boolit Buddy
    File a claim with visa/mastercard or whoever handled the funds then stop doing business with criminals.

As far as price gougeing goes, if there is someone dumb enough to pay it there will always be someone there to sell it to them. If it wasn't selling at those prices the price would either drop or they would go out of business. Since neither has happened yet it seems safe to say that they are finding people to pay the high prices.

However, this does not sound like price gougeing. You are saying they changed your order without telling you. My guess is that is illegal. At the least you should inform the better business bureau. Not sure if they investigate every complaint but if they get enough I bet they will.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Vendor Sponsor

Southpaw: What you are saying is that "they are finding people who are stupid enough to pay their prices."

Well,,, Whereas that may be true,,, It doesn't make it right.

When people buy something and pay too much out of ignorance or desperation they are being taken advantage of. PERIOD!

It is fine to say well that's their problem,,, and it certainly is their problem. However it is also the problem of whomever knows better and remains silent.

There are "overts of commission," as well as "overts of omission." and neither is better than the other. They are just the front and back side of the same story. As in "overt act."

Not telling someone they are making a mistake, if you have a chance to do so, is the same as encouraging them to commit the error in the first place if they don't know the difference.

This is where I'm coming from on this whole topic of CTD.

Sometimes it is necessary to step up and correct bad behavior. Just letting it continue doesn't help anyone.

great example:

I almost got into a fight last night because while having dinner in this little restaurant I barked at a little Mexican kid who was completely out of control and making so much noise that it was irritating everyone in the restaurant. Nobody would say anything to his parents which were simply ignoring him, which was making him get louder by the second. I have no idea why these people act this way? maybe someone can enlighten me? Been to a WalMart in CA lately same thing times 10!

Finally I had enough and Barked "HEY!!! tone it down",,, to wit he immediately shut up. His mother was giving me stink eye and his father was just sitting there stewing.

A few minutes later an older Mexican man came over to our table all puffed up and told me I was an ******* and that had it been his kid He would take me out into the parking lot and kick my ***, which I doubt would have been the case, but whatever.

He said, I should have talked to the parents instead. Well it was pretty obvious his parents didn't care, but whatever,, again.

But rather than let it escalate any further I told him he was right and he went back and sat down and stayed all swelled up until we left.

I then apologized to the father of the kid who appeared to either not understand a word I said, or didn't give a ship.

This took exactly no effort on my part and diffused the situation, however the place was quiet for the rest of our meal which wasn't that good anyway. Probably shouldn't have left a tip.

Was I wrong for doing this? I have to admit that I just snapped, but if I had not stepped up, this kid would have kept going until he ran everyone out of that restaurant.

Should I have just sat there and took it? Liberals would.

What would you guys do?

And power to Phil Robertson for his recent comments. I'm pretty sick of Political Correctness.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 12-20-2013 at 10:32 PM.