MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sticker Shock

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Viper225 View Post
    I have a Rebuilt Star on order from Bruce for $266.40 delivered. Bob
    Interesting but it does bring up the question . . . Who is Bruce and if someone else would like one of the four left how do they go about contacting him?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Interesting but it does bring up the question . . . Who is Bruce and if someone else would like one of the four left how do they go about contacting him?

Rick
    Go to the Star Reloading forum, Bruce is a true gent, is good at his word in every way.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post

Rick
    Hey Rick!

I believe Bruce would be the gentleman who posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by rbwillnj View Post
    If your not in too big of a hurry, I have five original Stars that I'm in the process of rebuilding. I won't have them ready till some time in January. The price will be $250 plus shipping for the bare lubesizer.

Bruce

Hope this helps!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    Hey Rick!

I believe Bruce would be the gentleman who posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by rbwillnj

If your not in too big of a hurry, I have five original Stars that I'm in the process of rebuilding. I won't have them ready till some time in January. The price will be $250 plus shipping for the bare lubesizer.
    Hope this helps!
    Gotta be me I guess, I read this thread twice and didn't see that. Thanks.
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Banned

CBrick I was going to suggest PM to him but decided not to irritate you. I ASSumed you knew. Next time I'll grow a pair and have a thicker skin and suggest what I thought was obvious. For obvious reasons, I have you pegged-up, on a higher level, than most of us.

where can I get the bullet feeder and tube setup?

Working on a air operator , but would like the MP Molds motor style eventually.

Boolit Bub

Having bought a Star Universal from Bruce I can predict you will be very happy with your purchase.!

John

Banned

The magStar sizer gets even cheaper for those who coat. They pop up often for around 280$ used on ebay and other sites. I found my second one on loadmaster forum used/like new.

Banned

bosshoss, BFeeders are 120$ from cactus land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozyDZ-44Q4

Quote Originally Posted by gunoil View Post
    BFeeders are 120$ from cactus land.[/url]
    What is cactus land??
    do unto others................

Boolit Buddy
    About a year ago I won an ebay auction for a Star sizer with .452 die set for $225 plus shipping. The heater is a heat lamp from Ace Hardware ($7.00 or so, I had a clamp on lamp holder-I'm the thermostat plugging and unpluging it-there's a fair amount of metal there and it's not that bad once the temp is up). The air feed-you should be able to set that up easy enough from a garage sale welding set/paint spray regulator and you know that many modern air compressors have a pressure regulator on them to start with...but turning the knob every once and a while really isn't that big a deal-what, a quarter turn every 50 bullets or something?

Now I did get some of Lathesmiths' outstanding dies and punches recently and they set me back some but when the other mould gets here the capability to make some heavier GC bullets for the .41 Rem Mag will offset that in a hurry compared to buying them!

Prowl around ebay, find a machine that has at least one die you want, figure out how much you'd like to save for going used and how much getting it within the week is worth to you and have fun with it.

I've got to be honest, I looked around here, asked some questions, looked at all of the lube-sizers out there and came to the conclusion that there really is only one to have-the Star. It's a pity that I don't get to use mine more really...

I'm going to give you a bit of a hint from my experience-more important than a boollit feeder you need to figure out a good boolit catcher first 'cause that Star spits out perfectly sized and lubed boolits at a high rate!
    Last edited by Capt. Methane; 01-08-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I just got an e-mail with attachments from Bruce aka "rbwillnj" on this site.
    My Star Lube/Sizer is ready to ship. It looks brand new, right down to new decals.
    I will get my Money Order in the mail tomorrow.

Looks like I will need to get with the program finishing the air line project in my reloading room now that it is not -10 out side.

Bob

Boolit Master

IMO a basic star/magnma L/S is all you really need ! all the extras are nice ! but is the extra added cost worth it ? let you wallet decide !
    Ive L/S around 250,000 boolets and the only extras i have are a C&H heated base that both share and a roller handle on one unit the other still has the stock handle.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up the Star sizer at the Post Office yesterday. It is clean as a pin.
    New Paint
    New Decals
    Looks like a brand new handle & Rod assembly.
    The Guide Rods look new
    New cotter Pins

If it had a new large Bottom Screw it would be flawless. The Big Screw in the base shows some screwdriver torqueing in the slot.
    Other than this one screw it could pass for brand new.

I am happy with it. Now to get some dies and a punch from Lathsmith, and get it up and running.

Bob

I bought a Star a couple years ago and love it.
    What I see here is all youse guys complaining about how much they cost YEARS AGO, so you didn't buy one. What you have to realize is that you're simply screwing yourself, in that every day costs go UP and availability (of used ones) goes DOWN. And lead times from Magma are usually long.
    If'n you'd pulled the trigger back then, you would have the equipment now and be laughing at all those others who are (still) complaining about the price and lead times.
    Another thing you forget is that you (or your widow) will always be able to sell it (and Dillon presses) for as much as you paid for it/them.
    I got a feeder off ebay. Granted, I don't like filling the tube but the auto feeder keeps my fingers away from that dangeerious punch. I disremember who it was said he has a nice .452 gouge in one of his fingers and a big bill from the emergency room. With the short feed-tube I can keep up with the machine and keep my fingers, too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Have you ever heard of an anchor holding SLOW ?
    As far as some of us on this forum, we don't bite; We shoot !
    To see my images at imgur.com
    sign in as BOOLITCASTER
    password - 123456789

Stop messing around and just call Magma/Star and tell them where to send it. You will not be sorry, I guarantee it!!

If a guy doesn't have the $$ available to buy a Star, that's that. There groceries, mortgage/rent, doctors, insurance and other stuff that has to come first.

Now, if a guy does have the $$, and is just hesitant to call Magma, 'cuz it seems like a big hunk off yer debit card, please consider this:

Buy a new car/truck or computer. Use it, keep it clean. What's it worth next year? Phfffffft! That's what it's worth!

Buy a new Star, get dies from Lathesmith or Magma. Get a heater. Use it responsabilly. Next year, it's worth almost what you have in it. In 2 years you could get all your $$ back if you wanted to sell. In 3 years, you turn a profit.

Boolit Master

What Bobthenailer said. Start with the basic unit with a heater. Not so bad. Then, later, when you get tired of cranking the pressure screw on top, get an air unit. The air for pressure is really great. I have never considered gettilng an automatic boolit feeder or an air unit for punching boolits. I mean, it's really easy to just drop one in and pull the handle. Done. Just my .02 Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

I just looked @ the 1968 Handloader Digest. A Star listed for $47.50 in 1968. In 2014, it lists for $325.00. That's an increase of only $6.00 + a few pennies per year! A Star is still a bargain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12