Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: The Cast Boolits Family

Boolit Master

The Cast Boolits Family

On another thread, "If you could meet one member who would it be?" http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ho-would-it-be , the conversation evolved to include talk about "get-togethers" and Lloyd Smale brought up the need to include folks who might have opinions contradictory to some, many, or even the majority on the forum; just to keep things interesting (unions was his example of a contentious subject).

This got me thinking about how we sometimes get into some rather heated discussions. Heated to the point where the mods feel the need to step in to prevent a boil-over. I began thinking about how much I admire the folks on the forum for their ability take a disagreement to, "you Blankety, blank, blank, so & so, such & which", you don't know $__t from shinola. Then, practically on the same day, move past that disagreement and offer moral, financial or if need be physical support to that same member who triggered so much consternation.

Lloyd's comment made me wonder. It's a lot easier to dismiss frustration brought on by someone's inability or just plain refusal to buy into your point of view if they are miles away than if you are face to face. If we're close enough to see the frustration and perhaps even anger on each other's faces, can we still be as tolerant and thick-skinned? Can we remember that what brought us all together in the beginning and keeps us a cohesive body is our love of casting, reloading and shooting? Can we go from, "what the heck are you thinking?", "I think you've lost your mind.", to a shoulder shrug, a grin, and a " lets go get another plate full of that pulled pork, BBQ beans and cole slaw (that was dinner last night).

I've seen the term, "Cast Boolits Family" used and am reminded, what makes a family a family is the ability to disagree, sometimes emphatically, and still turn right around and offer moral and even sometimes financial or physical support. I have seen on this forum, folks get into some pretty ugly arguments. Then, a few days or even a few hours later see a post from the same member who caused them so much anxiety before, asking for help, prayer or support and with no apparent hesitation whatsoever, they are Johnny-on-the-spot offering that support.

Sorry if I've gotten a little mushy here. But, aside from the volumes of technical information available here, the mutual support and comradery is a factor that, in my thinking, makes this forum stand out from most, if not all others that cater to our hobby.

Hope ya'll will excuse my rambling.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Well put. I have seen this happen quite a bit over the years I have been on this forum. It is a good bunch of folks here.

Boolit Grand Master
    I agree entirely.

I have disagreed with Lloyd on unions but also backed him on his right to an opinion and defended him when accused of being a communist. I will defend a mans right to state his opinions openly as strongly as I defend my own.

I disagree with the idea, I still respect the man.

Boolit Buddy
    Smokey, that was very well done.

Thank you!

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

smokey,
    Thanks. That's all! Just confirming what I have seen over ten years.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

One H??? of a family here. Pretty close knit bunch, has to be the love of loading cast boolits. Thanks Smokiewolf well said. 45Nut set up a great sight for us, thanks to him also.
    CD

Boolit Master

Just one reason I came here but a big reason I stay here!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Perma-Banned

Very well written, Smokey, thank you for this reminder. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we can't get along.
    OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Master

+1, Smoky - best site on the web, serving as a shining example to others. Exemplifies respect...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)