RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: SARCO Slide

Boolit Mold

SARCO Slide

Picked up a 9mm government 1911 slide from SARCO, anyone have any information as to what the rear dovetail is, ie: Novak, Bo-Mar, etc trying to build a 9mm for my daughter, need to put adjustable sights on it. Thanks

Boolit Bub

I know that Sarco has a deal with RIA for slides, do you know who made your slide?
    you did not mention if the slide had a stake on GI. front sight or a dovetail,or a square hole for a sight?
    If it is a GI. slide, from RIA it uses a .330'' X.65% dovetailed sight. the front would be a narrow tennon .055''.
    if it is RIA slide with dovetailed cuts front and rear, the front is .330" X .65% X 085"
    deep. the rear is .487" X .65%.
    Any Novak standard rear sight will work, it will need to be fitted,filed. the Novak rear sight dovetail is .495'' X .65%. if you don't know what slide you have it will have to measured or call Sarco, and ask who made the slide you bought.

Boolit Master

Just to confuse things, SARCO is now selling slides built by Para Ordnance, which per SARCO come with 3 different types of sight cuts.

Boolit Grand Master

Time for measuring tools, and good ones.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    I think the real question should be what sights do you plan to put on this slide?

Usually my plans don't conincide with how a slide is set up, LOL!

A Picture wih some measurements will sure help out here, back in the day I shot a lot of IPSC matches and 1911 sight weakness's showed up at every match, usually with stake on front sight leaving in the middle of a "run" but I have seen Gold Cup rear sights bounce of range officers!

Dove tail front and either a J frame smith rear or a good Bo Mar type rear with screws will live forever, stay away from the "glow stick" front sites they don't stay put on a 1911.

ccbullet,
    If it is a Rock Island/Armscor GI 5" 9mm slide it has a standard GI rear sight cut. If it is their "Tactical" model it has a "Novakesque" sight cut. From my understanding it is close but not quite the same dimensions as a true Novak sight cut.

376Steyr,
    I got a one to try out. To add even more confusion, some have standard extractor cuts in the slide, some have their unique PXT extractor cut and some are listed to use a standard extractor but have sleeve installed to allow the use of a series 80 extractor. They did not explain this on the site. Of course all I had on hand was a series 70 but at least I was able to mill out the sleeve enough to use the series 70 extractor.
    Good Luck, jmsj