WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard from john @h-g firearms?

Anyone heard from john @h-g firearms?

A couple months ago I bought a full set of .223 dies from John at H-G Firearms. All was going well until I tried to screw the core-seat die into my old Corbin Silver press. THREADS WERE TOO SMALL!! Isent them back to John over a month ago. Despite having sent numerous e-mails and phone messages, I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM SINCE!! Kinda strange for a guy who usually answers the phone when he can and religiously send e-mails to update you on orders. Anyone know what is going on? Is he ill, retired? Any idea of how to get a hold of him besides the phone # and e-mail address on the web site? LET ME KNOW, PLEASE!!! Don

I left a message on his answering machine and got an email reply the other week. I'm due to contact him again next week to check the progress on my order.

I bought a .45 die set and hand press from him in March of this year. In june he said the order was complete to send the other half of the $$ to him and it would be in the mail that week. It is now December 13 and no dies, got the press in August and its about to fall apart after limited use, piece of ****! I have contacted the district attorney in MI about him, after no response to emails, phone calls and by two visits by the sheriff to see whats going on. SOS from him, oh he'll get the dies when I send them, was the response to the deputy... My association with H-G firearms leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth!!! Just for ya'lls info, one persons experience!

Wow, another one? What was that other guys' name? Colt something I believe. A spider got him as I recall. Ha Ha Ha!
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

Same story all the time, They want money now and take their time sending what you paid for. He must work for Obummer.

Boolit Master
    This upsets me. I even vouched for the guy. I really thought he was good to go guys. I really did. I have talked with him back and fourth for over 2 years now and all of the sudden he is gone. Have you checked here http://www.hgfirearms.com/
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Maybe there's alot of deadly spiders in Michigan too. I think I'd be a little PO'd if I paid the guy in June and still no dies. Bummer, jimbull34.
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

Boolit Bub
    I ordered some dies from him in june/August. He emailed me thanksgiving week and asked for the rest of the money, I told him I sent it already, he replied he mis-post it and would send out my days the Friday after thanksgiving or the Monday following, still have not got them. Getting ready to turn it over to Postal Inspectors since both checks have cleared and were sent through the post office.

Boolit Buddy

Unhappy one thing that crosses my mind,

while I don't know the guy, or delt with him, but when someone just drops off the face of the earth, and from the sounds of it, has been around a while,

someone nearby might want to stop by and see what they can find out, almost sounds like one of those deals of divorce, the wife screws the guy over so badly he just lets everything go,

been seeing this more and more
    best one of the month,

about unique and IMR unequal, They really did duplicate it, made it equally unobtainable

I just got this email from him:
    "Let me see when I get to the shop in the morning. BTW, not ignoring you!! Had no Internet for five frigging days. Got it back late yesterday and have been dealing with about four hundredfold and some Internet ********.

And when I say NO Internet I mean none!! I have been having trouble sending mail for about a month or so. I write replies, push send, and god knows what happens. Some go. Some go to outbox. Some just do nothing. And hell I did't figure it out for a while. So we call our provider, and they say call yahoo. Yahoo says it the provider. You know where I going with that game! Finally our provider gets on line with us and does some sort of diagnostic. At which point we lose it all! No mail, no connections, nada. That was Tuesday I think!!! Seems to work now. We'll see!

Might be best to try me late in the afternoon tomorrow, if you don't hear from me first. I am shipping a pile of stuff tomorrow And I am chasing some materials. I will be in and out of signals all day I am sure.

Sent from my iPhone"
    I pity the baker,
    I pity the nun

I pity the one
    Who tries to take my gun

Boolit Bub
    This guy has more excuses. I was told he was sick then had a family emergency for a week, now his internet is out but somehow managed to be able to use his iPhone to get one reply out, I hope he is truthful that he has stuff going out tomorrow, because I heard that 2 weeks ago.

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by aaronraad View Post
    I left a message on his answering machine and got an email reply the other week. I'm due to contact him again next week to check the progress on my order.
    Emailed Friday and received an update today, with a request from John to contact him again at the end of this week. Tis the Season.

Here's an update from me, from the time I started this thread. I have left at least ten phone messages because his phone goes right to answering mode,same message every time. NO RESPONSE. My e-mail have also gone un-answered and he has recieved ALL of them I sent because none have come back as undeliverable or any other excuse. I know we all face some kind of dilemma/hardship in life at times. IT IS MUCH EASIER TO KEEP IN CONTACT WITH PEOPLE AND LET THEM KNOW THE SITUATION THAN IT IS TO DROP OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH, EVEN IF YOU ONLY DO IT FOR TEN OR 15 MINUTES A DAY BETWEEN WHATEVER ELSE IS HAPPENING. Most people can relate to most situations, but since no one knows what is going on, where should we all go from here now that he has our money and hasn't returned or provided a product back? SUGGESTIONS ANYONE?

Boolit Bub
    Ordered a set of dies from him on ebay, on the 12th. He shipped today. I will let you know when I get them.

Boolit Bub
    I had phone and email communication with him on the 10th. Since then I've been hollering into the same black hole that blltsmth has been yelling into.

Boolit Master

Ordered dies from him on 11-12-13. Got a tracking # yesterday. should arrive Wed or Thurs. We'll see.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Master

I have a set of 243 dies on order from him I emailed him and he responded right away. He is backed up. He has always been prompt to answer my emails. I am still with holding judgment.

Boolit Mold
    I am in a same boat, about to email him again he send me a nasty email last month about how busy is he and have no time to reply to all emails , terrible costumer service it has been almost 6 months since I have ordered paid for it and nothing. Hire someone to reply to ur phone calls and emails. How do you have time to sell **** on eBay but You cannot fulfill all customer orders you took money from. This is his email to me from October 31
    "If you mailed me recently I have not gotten it. No reason to worry, I have you on the board. Looks like you ordered mid July. With an 8-12 week wait that puts us at mid November. Which is about right. Should be pretty close to that. I thought i told you i was pretty much on schedule last time but i might not have! I wish I could put it right to the hour and minute which everyone seems to want these days but I can't. If it takes an hour to lap a die it does. If it takes 18 hours to lap a die it does. And everything backs up. If I spend three hours on a punch and it breaks in testing. Three hours lost. Sorry!! That's the way it works.

No one is more aware than I am that I have back orders and work to finish. I WILL get it done.

I am sorry if I don't spend all my time communicating with customers. I get about a hundred calls and e-mails a day. Some get lost. Some I can't waste time on. 10 min per answer, times 100, divided by 60 min, equals 16.6 hours. Don't leave a lot of time for lathe work!!!! Or sleep. Or family. Or food.

I will get you done as soon as I can.

John

Sent from my iPhone

Emailing him right now, I have ordered press and 223 dies hope it is worth all this bs

Boolit Bub
    I heard back from him a few days ago. He sounds busy, but he said he is shipping orders. Mine is not due for a couple of months, so I am not going to get excited yet. As a self employed person, I know that you need to handle customer service, but there are times when if you spent the time working instead, you could get out the work that the customer is calling about. It is always a balancing act, and sometimes you fall off the teeter-totter.

Boolit Bub
    I've heard back from him also and feel confident I will get my die set, it seems the ones who ordered the complete set up with the press are the only ones that have a hold up. He gave me a ship date of Jan. 6th, I'll be patient till then.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast