RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: I'm back!!! What happened?

Boolit Master

I'm back!!! What happened?

Something really weird happened with my computer. I have this site saved as a favorite. For about the last two weeks, when I tried to open the site, I just went nowhere. Then about a week ago I started going to what appeared to be an old version of this site, with posts from like 2004 - 2005.

The really weird part was the decor of the page. I swear I'm not making this up; it was all pink and feminine. It looked like you would expect a women's craft site to look like. It had pink polka dot wallpaper, and a picture of a very pretty girl like you'd see on a box of perfume, body lotion, or God only knows what feminine product. But the topic headings were what you normally see here.

I got here by going into some old deleted email files and finding an email from this site, that got me back here. Thank the Lord!!

So just what exactly happened?

Boolit Master

I have no idea what went wrong in your absence Patrick, but the theme music and narration intro by Rod Serling from the Twilight Zone is playing in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L View Post
    Something really weird happened with my computer. I have this site saved as a favorite. For about the last two weeks, when I tried to open the site, I just went nowhere. Then about a week ago I started going to what appeared to be an old version of this site, with posts from like 2004 - 2005.

The really weird part was the decor of the page. I swear I'm not making this up; it was all pink and feminine. It looked like you would expect a women's craft site to look like. It had pink polka dot wallpaper, and a picture of a very pretty girl like you'd see on a box of perfume, body lotion, or God only knows what feminine product. But the topic headings were what you normally see here.

I got here by going into some old deleted email files and finding an email from this site, that got me back here. Thank the Lord!!

So just what exactly happened?
    Did your system clock get changed by accident? this happened to me quite a few years ago....I could not get anything current...I finaly got ahold of my provider and ran through a check list and finally found that the clock had been screwed up.

JR
    Member Migigan Gun Owners www.MiGunowners.org
    NRA member NRA R/O
    IDPA member
    IDPA Safety Officer
    Member Linden Sportsmens Club Linden,MI
    Member Detroit Sportsmans Congress Utica,MI

Boolit Master
    Perhaps you got in touch with the Cast Boolits' "feminine side." Were there designer mix pots with Teflon coating, products to take away "that awful smell after fluxing" and unguents to keep boolit moulds "clean, sweet-smelling and sanitary?"

In Remebrance

It's that darn "Buckshot" program screwing with us again. Here's the short sotry of what I think happened, pasted from a recent post-

"I thought everyone knew- Buckshot doesn't actually exist. "Buckshot" is a computer program designed by a former KGB agent named Sergi Pxyklungtski who originally came over to our side while posing as a member of the USSR national Womens Fooseball team. He defected in Bayonne NJ and worked for several years in a Top Secret ballistics research center near the fabled "Area 51" which is where he met Scrounger. The "Buckshot" program is an amalgamation of several otherwise useless programs which Sergi developed in an attempt to make it big in the mood ring industry. Sad to say he was a bit behind the curve and when Disco died, so did Sergis dreams of fame. As I understand it the programs were stored on punch cards in a storage facility near Dry Bones, NM and were discovered by a Troop of Boy Scouts doing a merit badge project involving the removal of several tons of old tires. One of the Scouts advisor's was a young man named Al, yes, our own Dippity Al. Al was intrigued by the cards and managed to track Sergi down through an exhaustive search of purchase receipts found with the cards. Sergi, now in his late 80's, helped Al transfer the programs onto a Commodore 64 computer in the early 90's. The program took on a life of it's own as other people such as Felix, Sundog, Carpetman, BruceB and the famous but missing Mad Mexican and Mouse joined into the hoax. Somehow, the program morphed itself into a crude form of artificial intelligence, sort of a "HAL" of "2001- A Space Odessy" fame, although without the malevolent streak. It transfered itself into a Word Perfect program and is now thought to be residing in Al Gores personal mainframe, hidden in a recipe folder.

Amazing isn't it? Yet every word is true. I guess we can only wonder what "Buckshot" will eventually become. Perhaps a program to find the cure for a dred disease, or a way to pick the winning Lotto numbers, who knows?

Glad I could help clear this up."
    Last edited by Bret4207; 11-22-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Actually I believe you were going to the old forum , the old host "aimoo" recently "upgraded" the software package and decimated everyones forums. There are hundreds if not thousands of highly pissed off people over there. They removed all semblance of personally driven style and replaced it with a generic one and made it unrecognizable as our former home.

I again give thanks to Gunload Master Willy for our current home.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Smile

Lately I've been unable to find Shootersville, which had moved to Aimoo.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Master

OH, they forgot to tell you. Last week ALL the LEE GB's came in, but we couldn't get ahold of you so we sold yours.

Boolit Grand Master
    Bret--

That Buckshot program info is "eyes-only/need-to-know/right-to-know". You better stay low and keep dark, 'cause some of them Federal alphabet-soup organizations like Famous but Incoherent, Can't Interpret Anything, Drunk Every Afternoon, or Not Seriously Assertive will be pounding on your door shortly.

That's the bad news--the good news is that colonoscopy units have been reduced in size considerably, so the interview process won't require anaesthesia like it did in the past. Of course, government equipment comes from the low bidder, so...........good luck with that.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In Remebrance

No sense trying to scare me "Al", if that REALLY is your name! Make no mistake my friends, thats not Al talking, it's "Buckshot" trying to gain control of our thoughts and deflect any possible investigation of his diabolical plans and intentions. My fears are justified, for if "Buckshot" is allowed to bring "his" plans to fruition, the world supply of wheel weights, linotype, antimony and tin will be concentrated near Bakersfield Calif. I haven't figured the whole thing out yet, but I have a feeling the real Dippity Al may well be held hostage in a large refrigerator box controlled by "Buckshot" somewhere near Fresno. I've contacted the leader of a former Spetnaz team who is a private contractor in the hostage rescue biz. Unfortunately, the falling dollar means it'll cost a bit more to locate Al. I'm organizing a bake sale to raise the necessary funds and will advise you all as the battle unfolds.....

Boolit Master
    Bret and Al, I see the eggnog really hits you guys...

I think instead of eggnog, it is the turkey, WILD TURKEY, that is.
    regards,
    NavahoJoe

Boolit Master
    Well I had problems too. Mine weren't w.t. induced but the Aimoo site seemed to affect my computer. Wes

Boolit Master

Hi Wes!

Hi Wes! How you doing? I hope well! It's been a long time.....Is there a lot of work in the patch now days? I guess there should be with oil at nearly $100... Dale

Boolit Master

Well, anyhow, its good to be back. Talk about a trip to the surreal!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!