RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Paid for my gas to the range

Boolit Master

Paid for my gas to the range

I went to the range after building a frame and put some 1/4" hardware cloth on it, after all were gone I sifted through the pistol range berm. The frame worked like a charm 30 scope full out of the berm and I got 150# of 90% cast boolits, a lot might be mine.
    The good thing about the pistol berm is I do not have to worry about tin, and soft lead ect as we have three commercial casters who are members that sell a lot of there cast to the members. I am going to have to get busy as that makes me way over 1000# that need to be smelted, but it has been to hot to do that this summer.
    I already have 1000+ # already smelted and would passably be enough for the rest of my life but I can't stop I am addicted and passably sick.

Boolit Buddy

Lead sickness

I know what you mean. I keep reading about the price of lead and can't stop stockpiling it. I get a about 80lbs a week net after melting. Probably close to 2500-3000 lbs now and can't quit. Something about the word free still appeals to me!

Sounds like you have a good setup for lead recycling.

I just saw a report, last night, on thieves stealing the lead roofs from churches in Europe. I guess that is a sign that the price of lead is up all over. Time to get what you can. It's not going to get better anytime soon.

Boolit Master
    You're sick alright, just like the rest of us. When I go to the range these days half the fun is picking up lead and the best part is when I find my own beauty-ful Keith boolits. But I pick up those jacketed ones too that look like petrified boogers.

Boolit Buddy Blackhawk Convertable's Avatar
    Was at a SASS event a week ago and got "accused" of being a brass scrounge by a friend. Like you, I've been doing it for too long to change now. No longer a habit, but an addiction....LOL

Boolit Master
    The church roofs are they lead or copper?-- The article i read it was copper roofs that were being stolen-- not that it matters to us -- still need to put away ww's while we can

Boolit Master
    Freightman, where are you shooting? I lived and worked out of Amarillo for several years and owned and operated a bullet casting business there for a long time. I have been gone for about 6 years.
    I think you said that there are 3 commercial casting operations casting bullets there which ones or who????
    Wes

Sheesh, when I run low, can I buy a few pounds off you guys?