Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Family Feud

Love Life
    Toe-may-toe and toe-ma-toe

Boolit Grand Master
    Ooooh, you use an E, reminds me of Dan Quayle.

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Raisins? Yuck. Always looks like there are bugs in the cookies. Oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips!

Hey Waco, is it ok for us to feud over cookies?

Sure thing! BTW, my mom just made me a big batch of butterscotch oatmeal cookies.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Grand Master
    Please tell me you don't live in you parents basement

Please tell me you don't live in you parents basement
    Lol. No. But she only live about two miles from me.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Perma-Banned

Good sugar cookies and a good cup of joe. Cures all woes.
    OB

(Do not use axle grease on cookie cutters)

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Banned

I was once kind of serious but this is getting to be a wonderful post. I think this needs to be a sticky to relieve tension and make all of us spit coffee on the keyboard.
    I want some of those cookies, mostly the wrinkled ones. I will show you how fast to shoot them!

Boolit Grand Master
    Yeah, about those wrinkles. Cookie sheet too cold or oil on it? Ran my ovens t the right temp, pace was right, just got wrinkled cookies.

Anyone got a mould for a GC cookie?

Yeah, well I get frosting on my cookies. Is this good or bad?
    Oh wait. I'm sure that a good thing.

Super Moderator

Can ear wax be substituted for bees wax for boolit lube? It sorta looks the same...

Boolit Buddy
    Sitting around posting on the "Family Feud" thread.

+

Eating too many homemade cookies.

=

Advanced critical thinking skills,
    Guru status on CB,
    and
    A very dusty treadmill.

....hey, maybe you domestic fellas should spread some cheer and goodwill right here at CB with a Christmas cookie exchange....

Moderator Emeritus

I clear my cookies with the explore function.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 45sixgun View Post
    Sitting around posting on the "Family Feud" thread.

+

Eating too many homemade cookies.

=

Advanced critical thinking skills,
    Guru status on CB,
    and
    A very dusty treadmill.

....hey, maybe you domestic fellas should spread some cheer and goodwill right here at CB with a Christmas cookie exchange....
    Most of ours are in the freezer. Someone thinks I eat too many of them but I can't say anything or she gets crabby......

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    Yeah, well I get frosting on my cookies. Is this good or bad?
    Oh wait. I'm sure that a good thing.
    Frosting is bad, icing is good. Well, icing is good on cookies, bad on aircraft. Good thing I don't eat aircraft.

Banned

Wait,,,what kinda cookies are you making that makes you think you need a gas check?
    I can get up over 200 cookies per hour without one [hmm maybe this gas check thing isn't such a bad idea when dealing with oatmeal raisin cookies at that speed]

Boolit Grand Master
    Get enough fiber in the diet and a gas check is in order.......

Get enough fiber in the diet and a gas check is in order.......
    That's when Bean-o is in order....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    I have had little to no success with the search function here, so I say "come on in and ask" to the new guys. Just because he's new here, doesn't mean he's new. I turned on a friend of mine to this site--he's a korean war vet pushing 85 who has been shooting since he was knee high and won more matches in more disciplines than I ever will. And let's face it, boolit casting is a bit of an esoteric subject. You can have a fair size collection of reloading manuals and have zippity do dah about cast boolits.

What grates my teeth is when some of our long time members jump on some one for not knowing something. Until you can grasp at least the basics of any topic, you don't even know what you don't know. Can't ask a question about a subject when you don't even know it exists. I'll be honest, every time I see someone post a "read the sticky" response WITHOUT posting the link to said sticky, I just say "jerk" to myself. That presupposes knowledge about the web site that can only be gained through use of the web site. Not everyone has equal levels of computer savvy. Not every one has reloaded 800,000 + cast boolit loads in the last 82 years. When a new guy asks for help on the "Same Old S***" either help him, or ignore the post. There's no excuse for rudeness.
    Glad to hear someone say that.

I got in a P.ing contest with a Boolit Master over a post I made. I had made several posts in that thread but this guy decided to pick apart one of my posts because I asked some general questions & some specific questions.

Instead of either answering the questions or not & just ignoring it, being condescending & saying look at this book or read that article, doesn't sit well with the guy asking the question.

Especially a guy who has all the books, has read the articles, has been reloading for 50yrs & casting for 40. But, maybe the guy hasn't cast rifle bullets, only pistol, so because he has experience & knows that lots of guys out there have the knowledge & since he has always been willing to share his knowledge, without putting down the asker, he thinks maybe he would get the same treatment.

Maybe he doesn't "expound" upon his experience cause it is immaterial to his asking questions about a area he is not knowledgeable in.

Maybe he has searched on this site & didn't find what he was searching for, or found 100 threads that have popped up because one of the words was in the thread but the item didn't have any of the info he was looking for & out of the 100 maybe 1 or 2 had some info on his topic but not what he was looking for & reading 100 posts in the hope of getting a little info is kind of a pain.

Yes I have many reloading books plus cast bullet books that I have had since the 60s.

***The reason someone asks these question is to get insight on what others have found works for them. It can easily cut the experimentation to a fraction. ***

I don't understand this cast bullet thing where someone asks about loads & gets told to read a book. We have the books usually, at least I do. When I get together with my long range shooting buddies most of the talk is about what bullets, loads, primers, turning necks, annealing cases etc. we are useing with success or failure.

That is the first thing we talk about.

Why is it such a big deal here. If you all want to know what my .308 500yd load that shoots under 2" is, I'm happy to let you know; everything. Hope you do even better.

Another thing is that the cast bullet manuals, like jacketed manuals, don't have lots of loads that work well & other info that the "insiders" have. Does that Lyman have in it to start at lowest jacketed load offered (in the proper powder of course) for you to cast? Well ask the guy who may know.

So when a guy asks for a load for a 55gr Bator which is not anything he has used, but knows that getting some heads up on what has worked for others is nice, especially in CB rifle shooting that he has little experience in and can save a lot of experimentation & time.

As you know their are lots of craap loads listed that aren't all that good, so saying try 30-33 gr of ----, I use it in my ----- can be of great help.

It is my responsibility to look & make sure that any loads given aren't questionable, or ask guys like NVScouter, 45.2.1, Larry Gibson, Blammer, Buckshot, etc etc. if this is viable, do I need filler etc. These guys all answered every dumaz question I asked & even explain whys & wherefores.

Thanks guys, again!

I'm not trying to be a smartaz but I've been reading the gripe session in the "cast boolits" section about people asking questions & don't think a lot of what newbys are doing is so wrong.

If you don't want to answer you don't have too! You also don't have to put them down.

So, hope you old timers with all the knowledge, will be more willing to part with it to guys who want to learn but maybe aren't doing it the way you think it should be learned.

I can type but sure as hel can't do much on these dam putters & know I don't know squat about rifle casting, so I ask questions, sorry if it bothers some of you.
    Tom

Mmmm ...... well said, tygar. That's food for thought.

Still, at the end of the day this site is still the safest place to ask a question. You wanna see what kind of dumping on the head one can get on other sites for asking a question that is out of vogue!
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Banned

the purpose of this site [finally learned how to spell that right]
    is to help with casting issues and to bring along new members.
    unfortunately two [or more] different answers are both correct quite often.

tygar:
    many members here disagree on a few different fundamental issues when it comes to the other part of rifle shooting.
    IE can you shoot a naked boolit to higher velocity and maintain the accuracy standards of the rifle.
    yeah you can is the answer, and there is no disagreement about that.
    the basic differences are the qualifiers of how it's done and why it can/can't be done.
    the biggest part of when it definitely cannot be done is because of the fit of the boolit in the throat [rpm thresh hold] and the fit of the case to the rifle [particularly holding the properly fit boolit in alignment with the canter line of the barrel]

anyway, [putting the MOD hat on now]
    I recall the thread you are talking about where you got picked on.
    the person that did it received a reprimand for his actions.