Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 38/44 loads

Quote Originally Posted by Beerd View Post
    Bears? I thought this thread was about loading the 38/44.

I don't think it was mentioned on the previous page, so here is some info put together by another member:
    http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/ByC...al%20Loads.pdf
    Great reference there. Like him I have a ton of .38spl cases and a GP-100 so might do some of his loads.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Grand Master
    A few years ago, I made mention here of plans to extend the 38 Special's envelope a little past +P ratings--but certainly not into the 38/44 realm. One of my correspondents here with whom I'm known to do a bit of horse-trading got in my ear post haste, and in no uncertain terms informed me that if I even DREAMED of trying such loads in a very nice S&W Model 10 x 5" I bought from him that I had better wake up and apologize, and perhaps return the revolver to prevent such abuses.

I hold this man's views in high respect, and the strength of his comments gave me a little pause. And, woke me up. When there are 357 Magnum revolvers on hand, but no 38/44-capable revolvers in inventory......it is DUMB to beef up the 38 Special past +P ratings. I don't and won't shoot Special-length cases in Magnum chambers. I have good numbers of 357 Magnum casings on hand, as well. On careful review, there was and is no justification for loading the 38 Special past standard pressures to service my current bevy of Specials or to practice for CCW venues--I don't carry a 38 Special for this purpose presently. This in no way is meant as a general recommendation, but is just how I see the sitch for me after some thoughtful consideration. If anything, I'm more likely to Special-ize my Magnum revolvers' loads in Magnum cases with 38 Special loads + 10% to give Special performance to the MagRevs without the chore of cleaning out crud/carbon rings left by use of Special brass in Mag chambers.
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 12-07-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Good advice Al as always.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

I'm using 12.4 grains of
    2400 under a 158 gr swc
    and gas checks. 1300 +/-
    fps in 38 brass. Very accurate
    at 25 yards.I think it would
    be good for deer.
    keep on rolling along.no matter what happens just keep rolling

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    Keith designed the 358429 specifically for this .38Special revolver.

Jerry
    Yes, he did..............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Can you shoot the 38/44 in rifle. Rossi 92 38//357.
    keep on rolling along.no matter what happens just keep rolling

Boolit Master
    ..yes.

Your rifle is rated for .357s which will run 35k+ PSI... .38-44s only run 28k...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12