MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything

View Poll Results: How do YOU attract deer?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deer Corn

63 25.82%
  • Salt/Minerals

34 13.93%
  • Apples

13 5.33%
  • Doe Urine

17 6.97%
  • Food Plot

29 11.89%
  • I hunt over farm crops

20 8.20%
  • Rattle them in

17 6.97%
  • Grunt Call

24 9.84%
  • Not needed, deer are plentiful where I hunt

44 18.03%
  • Nothing, I'm just good at scouting/stalking/waiting forever, etc

75 30.74%
  • Other (Describe in post)

35 14.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How do YOU attract deer?

Boolit Master
    Besides they are nice little birds. Although I have a Owl that sits and stares at me. I don't know what to make of that one yet...!

In Remembrance

Sit very quietly under a tree limb with fresh cut apples and cut up fresh carrots around you. All the time you sit there with gun ready keep whispering "Bambi, it`s ME Thumper"!Robert:^)

Perm-Banned
    around here the deer always hang around where 3 types of land come together at one point. the pines, a creek bottom and a small hay or corn field. if you have permission to hunt it when you find those 3 points comming together, you will find deer. some one posted about apples and he is right, they love apples and also acorns.

Boolit Man
    I carefully cultivated an atmosphere of a safe, manly presence in my woods by frequently walking there while smoking a good cigar. At first the does were a little skittish,but I ignore them and pretend not to even notice them, knowing how that just intrigues their curiosity about a self-assured and obviously successful gent, and over the course of the summer and early fall the deer have become conditioned to the aroma and associate it with relaxation, reassurance, and contentment, much like the presence I project. Then when the hunting season comes around I can enter the woods without arousing any discomfort, light up a nice cigar, and the does will stay close and relaxed, enjoying the respite as much as I do, then when the bucks show up to see why there are so many does hanging around me....blammo!!

I notice a lot of people are saying that tobacco smoke attracts deer, are they just being funny or is that true? I figure they are either joking about only seeing deer when their hands are occupied or pointing out that deer are curious about the smell.

Boolit Buddy
    I mix oatmeal, peanut butter, dark molasses, and rock salt (ice cream salt) together. Take a pair of panty hose and split them at the crotch. Place goo inside a ziplock bag and when ready cut out the corner so that it is squirtable. Roll panty hose down to the feet and insert thick goo. Place the goo filled foot in a plastic ziplock and tie with a garbage tie, tie a knot at goo foot and leave the leg hanging out (keep it clean). When in the woods remove goo and swing goo vertically to gain speed and wrap it around a high branch hence why you keep the leg/stocking area clean. Goo will drip for months and they will eat the dirt lol.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567