WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Anyone use the RCBS 180gr GC Sil boolit with their rifle loads?

Boolit Buddy

Anyone use the RCBS 180gr GC Sil boolit with their rifle loads?

I have ordered the RCBS 180gr GC Silhuet mold to try to develop a good hunting load for my 77/357 rifle. Anyone has any experience with such boolit? Any good rifle loads to share?
    I am also looking at the 158gr SWC GC boolit to do the same. So far, I had gotten good results with the plain-base 125 gr Missouri Bullet Co. but I am at under 1400 fps.
    I know, accuracy should the most important driver and second the velocity. I like to get into the 1800+ fps to obtain also lethality for hunting.
    I have tried 158gr plain based boolits and I see that I could get good accuracy if I stay in the 1200-1400 fps. I am hoping the gas checked boolit can take me closer to where I want to be. I will seat back and enjoy all the comments and ideas. Thank you.
    Camba

I used that bullet in a .357 Thompson Center with a 10" barrel when shooting production class.
    I don't remember the load, but it was beast, and in retrospect really more than needed...... not at all pleasant to shoot, but plenty accurate.
    So long as your bore fit is good, and your alloy is hard enough 1800 fps should be readily achievable, but you won't get many reloads from your brass. Just don't try to make the .357 a .35 Remington.
    In fact you might want to go the slower/heavier route.... try a Ranch Dog 200 grain from an NOE mold. That huge meplat will certainly do a number on whatever it hits.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion