PBcastcoLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: buckshot has done it again!

buckshot has done it again!

Well, after hearing so much about Buckshot's hollowpointing work, I finally sent him a mould to work on. I sent in a Lyman 3118 two-cavity. I had Buckshot make me a hp pin and a flat pin so I can cast solids in the cavity too. For some reason, Buckshot saw fit to make me a second hp pin of a different style so I ended up with two different hp pins and a flat pin! All are of excellent quality and the work is superb!
    I cast a few bullets this afternoon and they are gorgeous. Both hp pins are adjustable. I used just one pin today and set it so that the cavity extends down to the bottom of the first lube groove. The bullets weight 114grs with the mould setup like this. The cavity is generous at the mouth and tapers down to a rounded point. Thre is a shoulder on this pin that you can advance into the cavity as much as you want, giving a sort of reverse swc shoulder inside the bullet nose and making for very rapid nose expansion the more you advance the shoulder down the cavity.
    The other pin does not have a shoulder and is a smooth taper that also can be advanced down the cavity.
    These bullets will be fired in my sp101 32 magnum and my m1 30 carbine. Buckshot, YOU DA MAN! This is just a great winter project for me to work with this mould in these two guns and I thank you for the work and unexpected "extra."
    Regards.

Boolit Master
    I am dreaming of a RCBS 250K altered in this fashion!

KERSMUCK!

Enjoy that altered mold!

Three 44s

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    Ole Buckshot does quality work for sure and won't accept extra $$ for a job well done. He now has another order from me and I hope to see it arriving in the mail soon, BUT I have taken and number and sat down.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    I am dreaming of a RCBS 250K altered in this fashion!

KERSMUCK!

Enjoy that altered mold!

Three 44s
    Now THAT'S a great idea!!!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Boolit Grand Master

I just got my third mold HP'd by Buckshot. A 375296, 311041, and now a 311284.
    He made a second pin for the 375 which offers a lot of flexability. The 284 has always been a shooter, expect it will no shoot even better. The 375 seemed to improve a bit in accuracy after HP'ing in my 375 H&H. His work is most definately top shelf! Would love to meet the gentleman. Always appreciate quality workmanskip that shows pride in the work. One of these days will ask him to do a 6MM for me. HP's just plain look good in a loaded case, even though they are slow to cast.
    1Shirt!

I'm the proud owner of 44-250K HP and will send a few samples to anyone interested. I heartily recommend the idea!
    Tony

Boolit Master
    Wow!! What a deal. I have some single and double cavity molds that could use the HP treatment from Buckshot.

John in Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    I'm the proud owner of 44-250K HP and will send a few samples to anyone interested. I heartily recommend the idea!
    Tony

PM sent Anthony, THANKS!!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Contact info for buckshot, please.

Disregard, it is amazing what you can find with the search function, duh
    Last edited by Cracker; 11-19-2007 at 11:43 PM.
    Yes, I know it's cocked, It's got bullets too.

If it ain't metal, single stack, and single action, it ain't a 1911 no matter what it looks like!!

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america -- reboot constitution? (Y/N)