Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mom just passed at 5:50

Boolit Master
    Lost my mom 4 years 2-1/2 weeks ago. Although I administered CPR until the Paramedics got there, I knew she was gone. Age 90, long history of dementia, her brain just stopped sending signals to her heart to beat.
    I don't let it spoil the holiday. Instead I remember the Thanksgivings when she was with us. Mom did a great turkey and always had interesting stories of her childhood.

It makes for a different Thanksgiving; not necessarily a bad one.

My condolences,

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy
    Condolences, brother. I'm just up the street from you if you want to burn some powder one day. Have several prototypes from work that need trigger time...

prayers sent ..to you and the family
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Boolit Grand Master

Good afternoon
    I will be praying for you and the family.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Mold
    May god comfort you and yours during this time. We have never met face to face but you are my friend and for that reason I am diminished by the loss of your Mom. Her light will shine on you my friend from a beautiful place.

Mike
    mike

Boolit Master

Very sorry for your loss.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Banned

thanks all, my mom is looking down on all of us and saying: you sure have a nice group.

Boolit Master

From your post it sounds like you had a blessed and full life with your folks. We wish we could keep them longer regardless of their age when they pass. You will miss her, but just remember the good times and rest in the assurance that she is in no more pain and will have no more worries. I have asked the Lord to grant you and your family peace at this hard time for you.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Oh man am I sorry for your loss. I lost my 91 year old father on May 3rd this year and so miss him. He and mom were married 71 years and now it's up to me to take care of her bills in the nursing home. She has had Alzheimer's for the past 13 to 15 years. I convinced them to move from Arizona to here in Oklahoma near me 9 years ago and am so glad I was able to enjoy this past years with Dad. It made his life so much more comfortable. Mom's quality of life is not good as her memory is pretty much less than 2 minutes.

Knowing you will see your mother in Heaven is such a blessing. I know the same with my father. My best friend is in the hospital with cancer and pneumonia. He is/was agnostic and I've been trying to convince him of the Grace of Christ's Salvation. When he was in the ICU and intubated a month ago I thought we were going to lose him and I said the "sinner's prayer" for him and asked him if he wanted to do it again with me as he couldn't talk. He shook his head yes and squeezed my hand. I was overjoyed as was his wife. Then a week ago in the OKC hospital ICU when he was fully awake he told me he couldn't remember it. What a let down. Back to the drawing board. My prayers for you and your family are on the way.
    Life member NRA since 1983

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imag...113199d940.png

"I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Master

Late to this thread but my condolences are heart felt. Remember she is at peace in His arms while we miss her. Peace, Cast Boolits Brother, and you are in my prayers.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for your loss.

Banned

Thanks all guys, she was inturned yesterday. Its wavy! You would not believe how straight she could shoot lil' pistols. Thanks all.

Boolit Master

Gunoil,

So sorry for you. I'm afraid that many of us on CastBoolits are either the parent or have parents reaching that age.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123