Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Remington 770 in30-06

Beekeeper

Remington 770 in30-06

Anyone have one?
    A 770 of any flavor?
    Am considering buying one and need some insight on it.

beekeeper

Perma-Banned

i would save my money and look for a good used older model 700 for close to the same price.
    it wont come with a cheap scope but that is a good thing since a rifle is really only as good as its sighting system.

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't have one, but I have read several less than flattering reviews of both the 710 and 770 Remington. I cannot remember ever holding one in my hands, so be sure you examine it closely.

Robert

Perma-Banned

i have shot them, and while they are ill built specimens they will function and will shoot better than most hunters can take advantage of.
    i had no trouble getting well under two inch groups which while nothing to set your panties on fire will stil cleanly take whatever you want to shoot at 300 yds and under.
    the trigger felt like the gun looked, but again it was doable at around five pounds, it broke more like a wooden pencil than a glass rod but functionable.
    all in all if i flew into a hunting camp somewhere and they handed me one i would be far from impressed, but i am pretty sure whatever i was shooting at would be very impressed.
    still i would not buy nor even own one if there was any chance to get a ruger or savage or about any older better made rifle.