MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

Boolit Bub
    I'm working on a .620 tc encore pistol.... it should have a punch.

Boolit Buddy
    Let's see, my Marlin 1895 guide gun in .450 marlin with full house 400 grain bullets. With 350 factory gr rounds it's tolerable, with 300 its down right fun.
    I have only shot 300 gr pretty mild rounds in my 45-70 contender pistol. Not sure I want to try fast heavy bullets in it.
    My .375JDJ barrel is an attention getter too!
    And I'm not particularly recoil shy either!

Boolit Grand Master

Has to be one of my Buddies 50 BMG's. I don't remember for sure but I think it was a McMillan. A nice rifle, and very accurate but boy would it make your eyes cross! It would make a 1-1/2 thick plate dance around like a jig on a string at 600 yards, but it was brutal. His other rifle was down right pleasant to shoot. Same ammo and everything. I guess it was how efficient the brake was?

Boolit Master

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

In Remembrance

While the T/C Contender with the recalled super 16 barrel in 45-70 and the Browning Citori that I couldn't get a the proper cheek weld on were brutal they weren't the worse.
    My friend had a Remington 788 in .308 that was violent, five shots in one sitting with 150 grain ammo was about all one wanted to shoot. He warned me that it was a kicker but I said bs, I have a .308 at home with a steel buttplate so it can't be that bad. He was right and I surrendered, there was no need to punish one's self more that five rounds but only once.

Boolit Master
    Mossberg Ulti-Mag 3 1/2 inch, sighted in a scope for an older guy on this gun and my shoulder was bruised for weeks.

Boolit Master
    I am sorta a big fellow my first handgun was a 44 and my second rifle was a 300 win and I have always just held on and let them go just keep your eye off the scope . But a few years ago I picked up 4 boxes of the latest and greatest 3 in super duper slugs and preceded to try them out in a model 500 with the plastic stock filled full of shot off the bench . To be totally honest I don't know how good or bad they could shoot because I was flinching so bad I was almost sitting in the truck by the time I opened my eyes . I shot all 20 of them out of stubbornness but I had a vicious headache . When I returned to the house I took the scope and slug barrel off of that gun . I picked up my 300 and went to a friend's to shoot I had to shake off that flinch with a lighter kicker . Later my buddies told me they only shoot those slugs in the 20s but I will never know . If it gives you a head ache don't shoot it .

Boolit Bub
    An older Remington 760 in .30-06. 6" at 100 yards on a good day. The only reason it is still around is that it was passed down through the family and has some sentimental value.

A .25 ACP Baby Browning. It is so small in my hand it is kind of obnoxious to shoot. If I am not careful, the slide will bite my hand.

Tossup between a trapdoor in 50-70 with full house loads shot prone or a Ruger #3 in 45-70 off the bench with full house loads. 470 N.E. offhand was a ***** cat in
    comparison.

Boolit Man
    12 ga. 3 1/2" shotgun. Good Lord! Who would want a duck that bad!!

Winchester/Hotchkiss 2nd model bolt action 45/70. Accuracy and recoil were okay, but what a miserable thing to load and fire. It uses a tube magazine in the butstock, you open the bolt and insert 5 cartridges pushing them backwards down the magazine with your index finger. It doesn't take but a few magazines for the fingertip to become sore. Okay, use as a single shot. No problem, but bolt is the ribbed type which insists on pinching the middle finger causing blood blisters. No matter how careful I always told myself I would be, I would always end up with a sore index finger and a middle finger sporting a blood blister for my efforts in shooting that miserable thing.

I went back to Springfield's, they don't hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by jlnel2 View Post
    I'm working on a .620 tc encore pistol.... it should have a punch.
    Please explain. Unless a muzzleloader that pistol is legally challenged.

Boolit Master
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    In the military i was trained on the SAAB 84mm recoilless rifle.
    That thing detonates a full 800grams~1˝pounds of smokeless within an inch of your head and litterally beat the snot out me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_G...coilless_rifle

Had a Maverick 88 with a rifled barrel.
    When i got a 690grains bullet past 1800fps i sold it.

Boolit Buddy
    CZ52 pistol in 7.62x25, trigger slapped my finger every shot, sent it on down the road.

Boolit Master
    Rifle: 458 Win Mag
    Shotgun: Mossberg, 835 with 3 1/2" turkey shells.
    Pistol: 500 S&W with Corbon 440gr

Motor

Boolit Master
    An Encore pistol in .454

Sold it, dies, and a really great Burris scope. I miss the scope.

It started life as a 30/06 pistol and wasn't near as vicious.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Quote Originally Posted by rmark View Post
    CZ52 pistol in 7.62x25, trigger slapped my finger every shot, sent it on down the road.
    Me too. Owned three of them-"melted" the trigger on one- it helped some- but when the cheap ammo was gone so was it. Other than that the ugly things would shoot fast & flat.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    458 win mag rifle ,viscous recoil .in a pistol 44 mag contender with 14 inch barrel light and nasty give me a model 29 any day.
    The SW 329PD airlite in 44M is far worse even than the contender when using full power loads. It weighs 1.5lb empty. SW actually says to verify that the bullets don't come unseated in the case from the recoil. I laughed at that, until my first time shooting it. Factory Remington 240's hurt like hell, and the last bullet moved almost a full 1/8" out of the case after enduring the recoil of the previous five shots.

Also those beautiful wood grips that come with it are for appearances only. I fired one shot with them and immediately switched to the rubber grip that was also included.

In my case it was a pawn shop find. A pair of Win 94's side by side. A newer AE with the safety for 400$ and a made in 1944 with perfect blueing and wood but a sewer pipe bore (as I found out later) for 600$ I bought both.

The AE shoots like a dream. 150 grain bullets to 90 grain, full power to plinking puts them all in nice tight consistent groups.

The old girl, well I went to slug it from the muzzle and stuck it right under the rear sight. Started out nice and easy and kept getting tighter and tighter until it stuck. Stripped the rifle down into its pieces so I could drive the slug out the other way. 3 light taps and it was free. That tells me I have a tapered barrel, big at the muzzle, tight at the rear sight.

So I think it is going to go to JES to get turned into a .35-.30-30. Or a .38-55. Either would do.
    Heck a .32 special would do but I think JES does not like to work that small.

Just waiting on my land rent check that arrives every year to fund this project.
    Sitting on 400 good .30-30 brass, so fireforming some once I have the rifle should not be hard.

But right now it is no fun to shoot at all. At one point I loaded 5 into the tube, sent 5 shots downrange 25 yards to standard 8x11.5 in target. None hit. All lost in space. Now that just is not fun.

If I show you a picture of 3 bullets going through a single hole, the guy pulling the trigger has a grin from ear to ear. That's fun. I love cast, and I love tight groups and accurate rifles.

No one loves a sewer pipe that won't shoot. So we will fix the old girl. We'll have both the awesome looking WWII era thurty thurty and a tack driving 35 caliber in .30-30 brass that at need would be a real meat maker. Worth the investment IMO.

Boolit Buddy
    Interarms 458 Win mag. 405 gr jacketed, full house. Loaded 20, shot 8. I went home and unloaded the rest. Shooting is supposed to be fun. Handgun, it's a toss-up. Ruger SRH 454 with 260 grain Winchester, factory loads. Slapped my hand so hard I thought it had to be a mistake. Now I shoot only cast. 340 grain custom mould from Mountain Molds, and a few 400 grainers from Beartooth.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast