Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

Boolit Master
    My 14" 7-30 Waters T/C handgun. Shooting 168 gr. J's, it always gave me a low grade persistent headache that would last a day or so. I believe it was from the compensator.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

I was given a BPS some time ago- It had lived behind the seat of a pickup truck that had been abandoned for a good 15 years. There was a choke in the end of the barrel that had a cork stuck in it and, while condensation had trashed the choke- the barrel (inside) was in great shape. It was loaded up with 3 1/2 inch 00 shells and upon inspecting the weapon thought I would pop off one of those monsters. Time & moisture had its way with the recoil pad that pretty much disintegrated on discharge, the screws that held it on were in fine shape though leaving a pair of holes in my shoulder, fillings loose, eyes crossed....
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Mold
    91/30s and cheap AR10s

Boolit Buddy
    I once fired (in the 60s - on a dare) a Boys Anti Tank rifle. Guy bet me my nose would bleed after one shot. He won.

Mine has nothing to do with recoil, in fact it's a .22 Hornet. It's an old Navy Arms, I think, Remington small action Rolling Block rifle (they made a pistol as well) that refuses to group ANY thing. I've nearly driven myself nuts (I know, some of think that's probably an improvement) trying different recipes. Oh, well, one of these days I'll find IT!
    Regards,

WE

Boolit Master

".380acp ATM Backup...this little monster was the only gun to ever really hurt my hand when shooting"

Quote Originally Posted by Quiettime View Post
    +1 I had two and got rid of them for the same reason. I think it had a lot to do with the hook shape of the tang. LCP was 100 times nicer, but alas I got rid of that one too...
    My AMT is now minus the hook at the end of the frame and is much more pleasant is to shoot. Surprising how accurate that short little thing is.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Master
    My .308 Encore. I don't know why I bought it. 20 rounds fired and it will sit in the safe until my kids inherit it I guess.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jimb16 View Post
    And another for the .45-70 contender. 6 rounds and my arm was numb for several hours. I think I'd let the grizzley get me before I'd fire that thing again!
    The 45-70 Contender is pretty nasty, but it pales in comparison to a full house 180 gr .357 Mag from a S&W snubby.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudwraith View Post
    My wife wanted a double barrel 12gauge, so for Christmas I got her a Stoeger Coach Gun. Fun to shoot until we put the 3" 00 Buck magnums in it. Left a bruise for a week on her but a smile just as long. Next on the list is a recoil pad and some lighter loads.

Picture is representative and not our actual gun.

Picture of actual wife's shoulder
    My wife has the same shotgun in 20 ga. Full 26" barrel. Her shoulder looked just like that after 50 trap loads shooting clays.
    I think its bad geometry. Doubles just kick hard.

Boolit Bub
    My number one least fun was a Cobray SxS derringer my brother had for a while in .410. It had a variable trigger pull that would range between stiff and herculean. It pretty much epitomized useless. It had a tiny grip and the lockup wasn't very confidence-inspiring, either. Wasn't too heartbroken to see that one go.
    A close second were the M-60's I got saddled with in the Seabees. They were bad in all the ways an M-60 can be bad. Runaways, FTF's, wonky gas pistons, you name it. It didn't help that our doctrine required running it on a tripod at just about all times; lots of stuff to carry. Having that gun meant digging big holes, too.

Boolit Master
    M16 (original issue before the upgrade/modifications. It was a BEAR to keep clean and functioning.

(as an aside, the most fun was an M60 doing 'double taps'.)

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master
    American Arms derringer - 45/410. Beautiful gun, well made, all stainless. Nothing to hang on to !!!

Very lite loaded 45 Colts not too bad.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Buddy
    a kel tec p11 with what felt like a 50 lb trigger pull, I hated that gun ,felt like someone smashed my finger with a hammer every time I shot it . my wife wanted a ccw about the time I had it I gave it to her to shoot (she never fired a handgun before ) and she didn't even like it she chose a hi point for her ccw over the kel tec thats how crappy it was . I would think the hi point would be like carrying a brick in her purse. I was so glad to get rid of the kel tec
    Last edited by sandman228; 03-30-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IDSS View Post
    A close second were the M-60's I got saddled with in the Seabees. They were bad in all the ways an M-60 can be bad. Runaways, FTF's, wonky gas pistons, you name it. It didn't help that our doctrine required running it on a tripod at just about all times; lots of stuff to carry. Having that gun meant digging big holes, too.
    Dam I loved my 60! God I could make that pig squeal. Single, doubles, triples & light em up! Smoke em at 500, mow em at 5. Keep it clean & have a few parts handy lol, & it could clear em out in a hurry.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by C1PNR View Post
    Mine has nothing to do with recoil, in fact it's a .22 Hornet. It's an old Navy Arms, I think, Remington small action Rolling Block rifle (they made a pistol as well) that refuses to group ANY thing. I've nearly driven myself nuts (I know, some of think that's probably an improvement) trying different recipes. Oh, well, one of these days I'll find IT!
    Check the Muzzle and crown for damage/burrs/worn rifling. Others have found poor grouping rifles that would not show any improvement with different loads found damage to this area of the barrel and a repair to the muzzle area Greatly Improved Groups.
    Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Buddy
    1903 Springfield with a steel butt plate & heavy 190gr handloads.

Boolit Grand Master

I've got a new winner fellers.
    Got to shoot a Ruger Blackhawk Saturday. Had horn grips. Maybe a 5.5" barrel?

Yeah, it was chambered in 475 Linebaugh.
    Da pain! Da pain!
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Grand Master

Why would you even attempt that one

Boolit Man
    Rick,

The same but with a 500 grain lead bullet at same velocity. Not too bad for a few rounds offhand but off the bench it is a crippler.

Boolit Buddy
    Zeroing a 12 guage shotgun with 1 oz slugs from the prone position on packed gravel. The only thing that made it worse...there were 8 guns that needed zeroing.

This taught me two things. 1) bad trigger control results in bonus shoulder punishment. 2) my definition of "zeroed" is flexible.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast