Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

Boolit Buddy
    Grendel P12/380 This gun is brutal on your hand. Kicks like a mule!

Weatherby 460 - taught me the meaning of 'know your limits'

hotbrew
    Life is good, if you don't weaken...
    There is prudence in public knowledge of who can own guns, but there is danger in knowing who does own guns

4 gauge muzzleloading shotgun. A normal load was 4 ounces (1/4 pound!) of powder under 4 ounces of lead. On top of that, it weighs 17 pounds. The bore is just slightly smaller than a quarter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00406.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	97944

Name:	DSC00811.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	97942

My son was the only one who could actually hold it steady on point.

Name:	b889a0af-df00-4dc5-85df-6c705cb6c901_zpscf11580d.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	97943

I passed it on to a friend who plans to encase it in glass and hang it over his bar.

Boolit Master
    Post '64 Win M70 in .300 WinMag. Skinny barrel & nasty retarded design club of a stock. Crosses my eyes to shoot it. This rifle is in line for a bull barrel with comp and a correctly contoured synthetic stock w/good recoil pad. I enjoy a nice stout recoil so I know the blasted rifle has gone off, but not a magnum whack on the cheekbone and a pop in my already injured neck.

Boolit Master

In Grade school, had a friend whose father was Game Warden for the County. He had a 4 Gauge shotgun and took us boys out to shoot the big bore. Being a little light weight at that time, it was a brutal experience.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    Helped out at "sight-in days" at the local sportsman club a few years back and a kind member offered to let me shoot his 470 Nitro Express double rifle which I had dreamed of shooting since reading "Horn of the Hunter" years ago. Unfortunately I got too close to the low power scope and broke my nose on the first shot spraying blood everywhere. I returned to help again the next day and got kudos for showing up with two black eyes and a bandaged swollen nose, and after urging by others took up on offers to shoot a couple big bores to help me to get over it and laugh about it, and I'm pretty sure that's not a mistake I'll be making again anytime soon!
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Hr 12ga. 3" slugs.

My Ithica deerslayer 12ga with slugs. After five shots its painful.I would much rather be shooting my Marlin 1895 Guide Gun with moderate loads. Moderate = 350 gr old west boolit with 48gr RX7. [45-70]
    Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live or die on this day. Live or die on this day.

Boolit Master

Savage in 300 Ultra Mag. Never again!
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Mossberg 835 with 3 1/2" shells, nasty! Sold it off, don't need that for a turkey. Just bought a S&W 329, 25 oz 44 mag, kicks like **** with full power shells.

Boolit Bub
    Of all things a Thompson Center Contender. Even in something as light as 7TCU the thing was unpleasant. By far and away the most inaccurate firearm I have ever touched. (and that includes worn out Government issue 1911's) It had an Alloy Armor frame and I think the pin hole was worn. Shot it one afternoon from Creedmoor at a chicken at 50 meters. Shot 20 rounds, never came close. Put it down and picked up a box stock Ruger Super Blackhawk. From standing, I hit two of three chickens with only three shots. When I mentioned that maybe I needed to try a different grip my son responded, "Dad, you don't need to spend another penny on that gun." The kid was bright and right.

Boolit Master
    I've never been recoil sensitive at all and have shot a bunch of bigger rifles, have and shoot a 416 Ruger and a model 700 in 300wby mag is my favorite rifle. That said the worst beating I ever took from a rifle was a pre-64 model 70 in 338 win mag. Dang thing beat me black and blue in 5 shots.

Worst rifle for accuracy was a ruger 77/22 in 22 hornet. Thing shot patterns instead of groups regardless of what I shot in it. Got sent back to ruger twice with no resolution so I sold it.

Boolit Buddy

lyman great plains 54 caliber muzzleloader. The gun just doesnt fit me and the curved buttplate does not help

I had a H&R .22 nine shooter revolver that I ended up selling off. It had a thin trigger and heavy trigger pull. After a shooting session, my trigger finger actually hurt.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    A Taurus 92 in 9mm. No front barrel bushing. Couldn't hit barn anywhere if you were standing inside.

Boolit Buddy
    Wildey in 45 Win Mag.

M44 moist nugget.
    I shot exactly one magazine through it. My oldest brother was beside me when I touched it off for the first time. He winced and gave me a "what the #$#$ is wrong with you" look.
    I sold it the next day to a co-worker. He shot it once and promptly sold it to a friend of his.
    That crazy thing was just too freaking loud and the muzzle blast was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Big Bore View Post
    Post '64 Win M70 in .300 WinMag. Skinny barrel & nasty retarded design club of a stock.
    This.
    My old boss bought a sporter weight M70 just like that, along with a Nikon scope, before Nikon started selling anything for less than $600. Sighting it in, the scope broke internally in less than 12 rounds, but we didn't know that yet. He couldn't get it to print and asked me to see what I could get out of it. The reticle looked a little odd, but not so much as to clue me in before I touched it off. I put the safety on, stood up from the bench and told him I never wanted to shoot that gun again. In fact, I'd rather step out in front of a moving bus. It would hurt less. I also told him his scope was broke.
    When I was first trying to shoot cast from my Marlin 1895SS in .45-70, I got about ten rounds out of it over the bench before crying uncle. Learned you really shouldn't shoot the gun from anything but an upright position. It was two weeks before my shoulder stopped hurting enough that I could continue my tests. In the meantime, I mounted a Decelerator pad on it and we've been better friends ever since.
    Borrowed a 14" Contender in .44 Magnum from a guy to see if I might like to own one. First round I fired out of it was at a skunk under a grainery. The release lever on the trigger guard dislocated the little finger on my left hand when I torched that one off. I never bought a TC anything.
    Another friend bought the first 4" Colt Anaconda I ever fired. Also the last. After 3 cylinders of 250 grainers over 18 grains of 2400, my hands felt like every bone in them had been crushed together. I'd shoot that load all day out of a SBH or my Redhawk, but that Colt was brutal.

mike
    I saw this in a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off...

Boolit Master
    I shot a TC with a 30-30 barrel once
    I think it near broke my wrist.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lwknight View Post
    I shot a TC with a 30-30 barrel once
    I think it near broke my wrist.
    Check my post #4 - I actually shot it 3 times. My friend only shot it once. The other guys wouldn't even touch one off! I use lighter cast loads in it only now!

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast