Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

Boolit Master
    My encore in .308. I should sell it cause I don't think I've fired 20 rounds through it in 15 years. Rod

Boolit Master

3 1/2 mag 12 gauge in Browning pump, belonged to friend. I ask why do you need a gun that kicks like a elephant rifle to kill a bird with the head the size of a walnut? (turkey)
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Buddy
    I didn't ever fire it but for a while the was a rugar #1 rechambered to 460 Weatherby that showed up at gun shows in Northern Cal. Sign on it said fired 3 times I assume that means it had 3 owners.

Boolit Master
    Three inch mag Remington 00 Buck in my Rossi Coach gun 20" barrels. Worse than my brothers 458 Win Mag with 500 gr. slugs. Along with the hematoma I hurt for a week.

Boolit Buddy
    XP-100 in .458 American. 500 Gr jacketed at 2000-2100. Made the mistake of not having elbows all the way off the bench. Lucky I didn't really injure myself. I was a young gunsmith and trying to see how much we could fit in a little package. That was as far as I went. Haven't been back. I was young and trying to prove something.... Hurt like hell, and wasn't even a good marketing tool.... Fifteen years later, medium velocity cast 250's in 45 Colt and 180 Gr 30-06 have done everything I could want.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Young kid to old vet: "How do I know when it's time to take up arms?"

Old vet: "Well, you grab your rifle, load 'er up and go outside........ if you're the only one, it ain't time yet!"

Boolit Man
    Ruger LCP 380. Doesn't kill you, but certainly is no fun to shoot. My Sig 938 is much more fun.

Boolit Man
    My .500 Jeffery in a synthetic stock weighs 8 pounds, I shot a few 600 grain Woodleigh's at 2400 fps. It was very memorable. I put my wood stock back on to bring the weight back up to a tolerable 12 pounds. My 700 grain cast at 2000fps aren't too bad.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dmg4 View Post
    AYA 12 ga double loaded with 2 3/4" magnum full of #6 lead shot on a cold sleeting November morning in 1973 in a salt marsh firing at a Canvasback hen when both barrels went off and knocked me over the gunnel of a jon boat and into the water. The recoil was awful, the water was worse, and it ruined the duck. I distinctly remember seeing daylight THROUGH the duck as it passed about 20 ft overhead and GAINED altitude when it was hit. Pain, freezing cold, choking, hypothermia, a 1 mile paddle back to the car, and a ruined shoulder and gun. So much un-fun packed in to one pull of the trigger.
    that may take the prize
    What I hand-load; .380acp; 9mm/9mmR; 38/357mag; 45acp;
    223rem(5.56mm); 22-250rem; 243win; 6.5 Grendel; 270 win; 30-30win; 308win; 45-70gov.

on the list to start Loading; 30-06 springfield; 222 rem; 6.5x55 swedish

"You might be a gun nut if you load 45-70 on a progressive press" -HICKOK45<- was he talking about me!?!

---
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    _________________ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    50BMG bolt action, prone... 30" barrel... the stock pushes against the boney part of your shoulder, and at low prone your shoulder doesn't move very much (compared to shooting from a bench)... don't care to do that any more... you won't find a 50BMG in my safe.

Mossburg 88 with my reloads. It was a real face slapper!

Boolit Mold
    Ruger No. 1 with 30-06 with 180 gr Remington HP?
    Nasty straight back hit!

Banned
    A title III short barreled H&K G3 in .308Win. One shot, put the safety on, pulled the mag and cleared it. Handed it back to the owner and said thank you as politely as I could manage.

Winchester "Defender" shotgun 12 gauge 3 inch. 18 inch barrel. Only gun I've fired that would literally knock your teeth loose.

Boolit Master
    I could shoot full power 44mag in a SRH all day but smaller guns can be rough.
    Smith model 10 with original grips. Even with 38spl standard loads hurt to shoot. Finally got some oversize competition grips and it was nice.
    Second was my brothers 454 casull with 300 grain bullets. Two rounds and I was done with having fun.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Double barrel 10 gauge, NEVER WANT TO TRY THAT AGAIN!!!

Doc

Boolit Bub
    Way over pressure 10ga loads, loaded em myself and didn't think about the pressure until the gun locked up 5 times, still like the gun but scared to shoot it.
    Woodsman

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range
    600 nitro express I was in my 20 s and it was very abusive I think if I tried it to day you would just have to bury me I also shot a 577 jefferys it was almost as bad

I dont think I have any that are unpleasant to shoot, some are not quite as much fun as others but I know what Im getting into when I take them out. The trick I use for the #3 45-70 is to put a sandbag between the butplate and your shoulder, adds a few lbs of mass and a tiny bit of shock absorbtion but the extra weight makes the most difference (from the bench).

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Master
    I have had a few that kept my attention for a while, in order of first encounter:
    #1 - H&R Topper 30/30, no problems with recoil but that rifle refused to group any 150-170 gr. bullet or boolit, shotgun patterns only. One spring I was working off a dose of cabin fever and loaded up a handful of 30/30 rounds topped off with 110 gr. j-words intended for the .30 Carbine just so I could go out to the range. Suddenly I had groups, not patterns. More experimentation led me to a final loading of the Sierra 125 gr. flat-HP j-word and very tight groups. This rifle simply demanded light (as in short) j-words to produce tight groups.
    #2 - Kel-Tec in 40 S&W. I shoot a lot, mouse guns to magnums, but the SNAP this pistol produces tells me why the factory has discontinued their production from owner complaints of recoil to possibly shooting themselves apart.
    #3 - S&W 500, early production and the owner provided me 3 rounds. First shot drove the grip straight back into the web of my shooting hand (2 hand grip), so I changed my grip. Second shot I held my support (left) hand a bit high on the right, thus placing my left index finger directly behind the trigger guard. At the sound of the shot the revolver did it's thing and came straight back pushing the trigger guard through my left index finger (I still think this broke my finger!). Changed my grip again (moved the left hand lower on the right) and set off the third round which like the first two hurt me all the way up to my shoulder. Wow, I was glad that was all the rounds he had given me. We walked up to see the 25 yard target and all 3 rounds were surprisingly tight and hit where the sights were settled. Still, never again will I fire another 500 S&W round. Ouch!

Thin Man

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Doc Holliday View Post
    Double barrel 10 gauge, NEVER WANT TO TRY THAT AGAIN!!!

Doc

Stay out of the corral..........OK!

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast