MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

Boolit Master
    Sighting in an 8 gauge Paradox off the bench.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8gaparadox_zpse3dbbf29.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	90360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8ga2_zpsd844ca02.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	90359
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    For Me it was a 1917 Savage .32 acp auto loading pistol....sure looked cool when I bought it ( I'm a sucker for old .32 acp's) Not sure if it was the magazine ...possibly so. Just drove me crazy. When it went bang, it was right on at 15 yards! But sometimes it worked most times not! Sold it to a real collector! but I still miss it .... Yes, I'm a sucker for punishment. I guess it looked like a "Flash Gordon" weapon!!!!! Very cool but frustrated the heck out of me
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Buddy
    Ruger LCP in 380.

No fun whatsoever, but I guess that isn't its purpose in life.

Boolit Master

A .338/.378 Weatherby without the brake on it.

Boolit Master
    Not sure if it was my least fun gun ever, but definitely the most recent.
    Smith and Wesson Scandium airweight 44 magnum with factory grips.
    I like rubber grips on larger revolvers, never liked wood grips.

A student had one in class a few weeks ago, I didn't pay much attention to it until I picked it up for some reason, couldn't believe how light it was.
    Student was shooting 44 specials out of it (he had learned his lesson the hard way, and admits he was a slow learner, a few boxes of magnums the day he bought it).

He had a few magnum rounds with him and offered it to me to shoot.
    He also pulled out a shooting glove to go with them.

Well I just had to shoot this thing, but I didn't need no stinking glove.
    Well maybe the 18 year old me didn't, but the 40 year old me decided since it was there I would wear it.
    I also only loaded up 2 rounds.

Two rounds was all I needed.

Gun serves a great purpose, but unless I plan on carrying one I don't plan on shooting it much.

Although the there is a sick portion of me that would like to add one to the collection one day, but with rubber grips. Still can't believe how light it was.

Matt

Boolit Master
    I don't know how I missed this one. It would probably be a cheap, light weight, single shot shotgun in 20 ga magnum I own. I had a left over box of shells that needed using up, but the bad ergonomics combined with the light weight made it a painful experience. A close second would be trying some full power loads in my light weight .30-40 AI Martini. It would have been first if it did not have a Pachmayr Decelerator.

Boolit Buddy

I bought a Stevens 311r double barrel in 12 gauge once and the recoil was brutal. I got a thick rubber pad from Numrich and fit it to the stock and solved the problem. Several experienced shooters laughed when I told them about the recoil until they tried it, and then the laughter turned to grimaces!
    INFIDEL

Boolit Bub
    A 16 gauge lady's featherweight shotgun with an 1 1/4 ounces of shot. Single shot break open. I only shot it once.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bogone View Post
    A 16 gauge lady's featherweight shotgun with an 1 1/4 ounces of shot. Single shot break open. I only shot it once.....
    Funny that its called a "ladys" gun lol.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    Funny that its called a "ladys" gun lol.
    I thought between that and 16 gauge it would be an easy shooter

I just remembered my step daughters Rossi matched pair w/ the 20 gauge barrel. Shooting it from the hip was a good way to almost break a few fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I thought between that and 16 gauge it would be an easy shooter

I just remembered my step daughters Rossi matched pair w/ the 20 gauge barrel. Shooting it from the hip was a good way to almost break a few fingers.
    Lol. Yea, i picked up a NEF singleshot 12ga a while back that had the stock cut into a pistol grip. I though shooting a 3" mag slug single handed was a good idea. After pulling pieces of the stock out of my hand I desided it wasnt.

Boolit Master

A Remington Model 11 riot gun. The muzzle rise was very sharp, and the comb whacked my cheek very hard every shot. Very unpleasant. The recoil on my shoulder was not that bad.

Winchester M37 "Clinker Gun!" It was a single shot M37 with a barrel that is about 1/8" wall thickness. It weighed a little over 5 lbs.

WE shot 12 ga. Magnum 000 Buckshot from this gun into a massive coal fired furnace at the Mohave Steam Generation Plant in Laughlin NV to break clinkers off the walls.

Clinkers are gobs of molten coal ash which build up like Stalagmites or tites as the case may be, and cause problems in the furnace. They cause hot spots on the tube walls and eventually burn thru and create tube leaks which result in shutdowns.

The accepted method of dealing with these problems is to blast them off the walls with said shotgun.

Problem: you have to open a port hole on the positive pressure furnace which blows 1000 degree plus fire out all the while you are trying to take aim thru your dark goggles which are behind a welding helmet, while clothed in very heavy clothing so you don't get burned, in the middle of the Mojave Desert during the summer! It is like shooting into hell ,,, Literally !

For some reason this is a job everybody in maintenance wants, but nobody seems to want to do twice.

When you pull the trigger,,, that's when the fun really begins. This 5 lb. gun with Magnum 12 ga. Buck Shot literally knocks the Coon Dog Ship out of you every time you pull the trigger. This is when you realize why no one else was jumping up to shoot clinkers.

Usually the new guy gets to do it.

I lasted exactly one shot.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 12-17-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

It was a Contender 14" in .223. Fired off a few shots and was looking to give that barrel away after I pried the front sight from my forehead.

This was just as I started shooting. My prior experience had been with a Glock 17. Too big a step I guess.

Turns out, many years later, that I got another of those Contender barrels in .223. I like it a lot. I always take it to the range. However, due to the noise, it gets used when I'm the only one there. It comes out early when someone likes to brag on the noise and flash of the 357Sig. Short barrel .223 makes the sig seem quiet. One shot is all it usually takes.

A TC Contender in 7MM TCU, it was so loud!!!! Gas ports angled back over your shoulders...Ouch... it worked but so not fun.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    A whole bunch of loads. Any load in any gun that causes me to loose the line of sight, or break concentration, after a round has been fired. It took me several years of shooting a light rifle shooting full tilt loads to be accustomed. Ruger 94/44, a lever gun, specifically. I've finally mastered the 32WS 20" 94 Winchester lever gun with full power loads, which ain't much considering some Weatherby guns I've sighted for wanna'be'hunters. ... felix
    Last edited by felix; 12-18-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    felix

Boolit Buddy
    Not hard kicking, by a long shot, but definitely my least favorite to shoot...

My long, bony hand just does not fit a Webley Mk VI well, and that damned thing raps my knuckle every time it's fired.

Gonna have to whittle up a set of oversized grips for it one of these days.

Boolit Master
    Remington 300 Win Mag held a bit too loose with 150gr Acubond bullets. I was shooting at a deer (missed the deer) cut a slice in my
    nose and gave me a black eye during deer season 2 years ago.
    I still have the rifle and bought a Winchester model 70 Coyote Light in 300wsm.
    I now have floaters in my eyes makes it hard to aim good since they are worse in my left eye. I am right handed and left eye dominate.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Without a doubt, for me, it was shooting a 10" TC contender in .44 mag with 21g of 2400 and a 429421.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

My no-fun entry is a WWII "battle field pick-up" Jap. 6.5 mm.It came with about a dozen rounds, I used them all to figure out the bullets would key hole at 50 feet or so.
    Charlie

"The fool has said in his heart, There is no God" Psalm 53:1

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast