Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Repackbox Wideners
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

Perm-Banned
    btroi, i love the way you think. let me guess, you raised alot of kids, or your in lawinforcement, possibly a teacher, and most likely a gradfather by now. should hang that one over the local schools door.

Boolit Grand Master
    Only one kid, in college. I am actually a pharmacist. No grand kids.

I have been told I have a certain "philosophy" to my way of thinking.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Phillips View Post
    M2, shooting was great, but having to hump the parts from one location to another was a pain. As was digging an extra large fox hole.

Mine was mounted in the commander's cupola of an M48A2C tank. I hated that stupid mount. The 90mm main gun at my ankle level was a hoot, though.

A flex-mounted .50 is fun to play with. The worst we tankers had to do was hump that heavy M2 from the arms room to the fender.

dale in Louisiana

Perm-Banned
    did it ever save your life?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale in Louisiana View Post
    Mine was mounted in the commander's cupola of an M48A2C tank. I hated that stupid mount. The 90mm main gun at my ankle level was a hoot, though.

A flex-mounted .50 is fun to play with. The worst we tankers had to do was hump that heavy M2 from the arms room to the fender.

dale in Louisiana
    As a grunt I warmed up a few meals on the *** end of a tank, M60's and M1A's mostly.

Boolit Buddy
    Probably either the Keltec P40 I had (14oz and .40S&W do not belong together), or the Kmart 20ga shotgun that would never eject a shell by itself even when it was new... every single one had to be pried out with a tool.

Winchester 1300 pump-action 12 gauge turkey gun shooting Winchester No. 4 High-Velocity turkey loads. These were new loads at the time, and the engineers from Winchester were in a sweat for me to try them at Range Day at SHOT Show. First shot from the bench got my attention in a big way. They had a red-dot scope mounted on the gun and I missed a target at 40 yards on the second shot. Surprised, I jacked in the third round and touched it off. The scope base screws sheared off and the scope went flying 15 feet behind the firing line. When Winchester came out with the 3 1/2-inch loads the next year, it was a beast from a light-weight Mossberg 835.

Boolit Buddy
    Mossberg 500 standard, a day in the dove field beat the tar out of me. Went back to my Ithaca featherlite, it just felt right. Sure do miss that old chucked.

My SIL's M4 black rifle. Felt seriously awkward, had to crane my neck to see thru the scope, jammed 3-4 times until I figured out the magazines weren't seating properly, couldn't get the hold to settle down, so my groups were awful. I'm too old to enjoy modernity, I guess.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Mold
    I used to own a Magnum Research Lone Eagle pistol in 30.06 back in the day.. no slide, single shot, and all the recoil was directed to your hand.

Boolit Bub
    Mosin-Nagant carbine that a shooting buddy of mine had for awhile. The thing was unpleasant to shoot and I've shot pleanty of 30-06, .308, 12ga to know recoil, but this thing was to the next level. We figured that the "lighter" carbine configuration combined with it was used originally by tuff folks wearling lots of heavy winter clothing is what made it so. Anyway, my buddy wound up selling it back to the gun store he bought it from along with the left over surplus ammo he bought with it for a little more than what he paid for it.

Boolit Buddy
    What is the least fun gun I have shot?

Staple gun...but that wasn't to bad either!

Boolit Mold
    About 35 years ago a buddy showed up with a new rifle and wanted me to shoot it. Not being familiar with the rifle or the cartridge it was chambered for, I stood about a foot away from my garage wall and pulled the trigger on his Ruger #1 .375 H&H. My shoulder hurt for a few days after the recoil caught me by surprise and drove me back into the garage wall. Ouch.

Boolit Man
    Any of the old strait stock shotguns with slugs.

Boolit Master
    I have a rossi 12 ga. overland double fiered both barrels at once with mag loads not fun.

Boolit Buddy
    Least fun pain wise was an exposed hammer, sawed off, double barrel 12 gauge shotgun.
    I let both barrels go because I thought it would be fine from the hip.
    The exposed hammers cut my hand pretty good.
    a friends gun, will never shoot it again

Least fun rifle
    Mini 14 ranch
    The pile of empties grouped better than the bullets did and went nearly as far.
    Traded it for a new Leopold VX-III 6.5-20 TT and never regretted it

Least fun pistol
    Ruger P85
    fine service grade firearm, not good for range work
    It will feed, chamber, and fire an empty primed case, I actually tried it.
    I still have it because it's not worth enough to get rid of

Least fun revolver
    Heavy loads in a short barreled Blackhawk
    It was sort of fun the first shot, the other five were just painful
    a friends gun, will probably shoot it again next year when we have "shootin' guns in the woods day" again

Boolit Buddy
    Mine was a Yugo 8 X 57 that I picked up for a song, all matching numbers & a bore that looks unfired. I bought a couple of boxes of older Privi ammo to make sure it went bang & headed to the range. I didn't have my chronograph set up, but I'm fairly certain that the ammo was loaded to 8mm Mag velocities, no pressure signs but I've never been beaten up that bad. The very cushy steel butt-plate and exceptionally low comb weren't helping any. I've since gotten hold of some brass & have reloaded some J-words (170 gr Speer) and recoil is about where you'd expect. I keep meaning to shoot some of that stuff over the chrony, but haven't been able to face the recoil again. Now I need to buy an 8mm mould!!

10 ga, H&R single shot, with Goose loads. That's a eye opener at first light.

Now I am older(lot) the Browning Gold 10 is a little better?

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona

Boolit Master

Worst and best is the same
    Easy , my original 14" TC 45/70 Contender Barrel
    No porting

Trap Door to mid Marlin loads are a joy to shoot and hunt with
    Top end Marlin and Ruger loads are brutal to shoot regaurdless of the Boolit used

5 Mid range Ruger loads took 4 different people to shoot them
    As that load just plain hurt to shoot and I mean it hurt the Hand BAD

I use a Marlin load ( lower end ) for deer hunting
    That load is great shooting , sub 6" at 200 yds
    But I never tryed it past 125 yds and that was a pass through shot

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Buddy
    1. Sighting in/ working up a full-tilt load in a Ruger 77 RSM 458 Lott. Settled on a load of DP-74 that gave about 2320 fps with a 500 grain Hornady for hunting trip. I kept scabs on my face that summer.

2. COP derringer 357 with full house 158 loads. Great for taking the wind out of the sails of young bucks who say recoil is never an issue.

3. A very old Marlin, I don't know my Marlins- 1894 or 1895. Had a steel crescent butt plate. Long rifle, lever action in 45-70. Pain from that off a bench was inescapable.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast