Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

Boolit Master
    A folding stock AK on full auto. I thought short bursts from the shoulder would be easy enough...
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    A friend's 470 Nitro Express. Hard for me to keep this bazooka from recoiling out of my hand holding the forearm. It is a beautiful Merkel sxs and if the thing belonged to me, it would stay that way because I have a total shoulder replacement and I DO NOT want another one!Attachment 242150 But it sure is purrty
    480 Ruger cast boolits make these things quite shootable and with a little load development, you can get them to regulate.

A friends son brought a new S&W revolver to deer camp one year. It was in 460 S&W Mag. And had a 8"+ ported barrel and rings and a new scope to match. He kinda talked me in to mounting the scope then sighting it in for him as I think he had shot it only a few times and was scared of it.
    It was raining out so when I got ready to sight it in I got under a low roof and set up a rest to shoot off of. I only had foam ear plugs , no muffs and I know with these guns you need both for ear protection. It took me 3 shots to get it close at about 25 yards and at that point My nose was bleeding. That was the most uncomfortable pistol I have ever shot, the muzzle blast with the porting and being under a low roof made every shot feel like a stiff jab to the face from a heavyweight boxer. I also don't grip guns tightly and it put a lasting pain in my hands also so 3 shots was all I was going to fire.
    The guy that owned it put it back in its case and I don't believe he has fired it since and that was at least 10 years ago.
    It's really way more gun than needed for whitetails or anything we can hunt around here, to the point of being mostly a toy really.

Jedman

Boolit Master
    For me it’s a S&W scandium 357. That thing felt like it does when you break a baseball bat,, against a Peterbuilt doing 70! I could not fire a second shot without rearranging my grip and recovery time was determined by how long I cussed. Most miserable little gun I can imagine. No way no how would I carry 357s in one if I had it. As far as I know the guy who naught it NEVER pulled the trigger himself, lot of money to spend on “messin” with people. He got all giddy when someone wanted to shoot it. I have a Titanium 41 mag and it is fairly comfortable to shoot.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag with 3-1/2" turkey loads.....NEVER again!!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Grand Master

Easily an H&R tracker 2; a 5.25 pound single shot 12 gauge rifled slug gun. It can be a great choice with low recoil slugs. Shooting 1 1/4 oz Federal slugs through it was bad the day of, and left me with a headache the next day. That's about a 550 grain bullet at 1600 fps from a 5.25 pound gun.

Second place might be a Ruger super Redhawk 454 casull. There's just nothing pleasant about it. It's the only handgun I've shot where it put out such a bad blast that it felt like someone was punching me in the forehead every shot.

Boolit Buddy

Worst gun was a new browning .300 win mag I bought last year. It had a slim muzzle brake and I thought it would tame some of the recoil but holy smokes I had an instant migraine when I fired the first shot. My .416 rem doesn't kick as bad as Browning did. I decided to get rid of the browning and use the funds to send the .300 win mag barrel I have for my T/C Encore off and had a muzzle brake installed and can now pleasantly shoot .300 win mag all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by DW475 View Post
    Worst gun was a new browning .300 win mag I bought last year. It had a slim muzzle brake and I thought it would tame some of the recoil but holy smokes I had an instant migraine when I fired the first shot. My .416 rem doesn't kick as bad as Browning did. I decided to get rid of the browning and use the funds to send the .300 win mag barrel I have for my T/C Encore off and had a muzzle brake installed and can now pleasantly shoot .300 win mag all day long.
    What’s the difference between the two brakes?

Ruger LC-9 with a laser, DAO trigger made it too difficult for me at ~15yds to hit a pop can. Impossible in fact, I never did hit it. All the shots were with a 10" circle but I expect I should be able to hit better than that. Sold the gun when I had the chance. Never regretted that.

Banned
    460 weatherby magnum in mkv lazermark. My first bigbore at the age of 20. I read a petersens hunting annual I think with an article by John wooters on the 470 capstick, was blown away by the size of the shells and the projectile weights, everything 500 grains or more and 2000+ fps! Flipped to the back to the ballistic tables and went right to the last page, the 460! Ordered one that week....sold it a couple months later. The recoil and expense more than I expected, and the scope had shaken loose and I was too inexperienced to work out why it wasn't shooting straight any more. I eventually got back into guns that level a few years later, when I knew what I was doing.

Banned

toss up between my buddys 44 mag bond derringer with 300 grain cast ahead of 22 grians of 110 and his 500 Linebaugh max at max and kelly brosts tc enocore in 458 lott. If I had to chose id probably say the bond. It was like lighting off a stick of dynamite in your hand. Id rather shoot 20 460 weatherby rounds then one out of that gun.

Rifles that 460 was no picnic but probably the worse was my 50ak with full power loads using a 505 grain cast. 5 rounds out of either of those made a 300 mag feel like a 223.

Boolit Mold

I haven't fired it in 5 yrs. but the memory of recoil shock is still mighty bright.
    My TC/Contender chambered in 45-70 Govt. A 12 inch hunter's barrel & multi ported muzzle tamer.
    I have a Burris fixed 7X IER Scope on it , to add a little weight, (soaking up some of the rearward blast.

No need for a caffeen infused drink during a range session, with that bad boy.
    In many rounds of practice with reloaded 350 gr. and some factory boxes of 405 gr. The frame is not stretched ....yet.
    With that handcannon, I have 1 southern wild feral Hog as my only trophy . ( DOA 70 yard shot at top of heart...2 holes...thru & thru.)
    Last edited by MATT HELM; 05-28-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Custer ... wore the first Arrow Shirt.

"If you could only have one rifle ... you need to get a better Job".

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    toss up between my buddys 44 mag bond derringer with 300 grain cast ahead of 22 grians of 110 and his 500 Linebaugh max at max and kelly brosts tc enocore in 458 lott. If I had to chose id probably say the bond. It was like lighting off a stick of dynamite in your hand. Id rather shoot 20 460 weatherby rounds then one out of that gun.

Rifles that 460 was no picnic but probably the worse was my 50ak with full power loads using a 505 grain cast. 5 rounds out of either of those made a 300 mag feel like a 223.
    We need UPVOTES on this forum, I'd give you one for sure!!!
    I am a retired IBEW Journeyman Inside Wireman, took my pension and a maintenance job

Boolit Master
    The first SMLE I ever owned. Worst trigger by far of anything I ever fired. About the third round had a case head separation. I picked up the other two empties and they were stretched almost to the point of separating.

Here if I aint gone,, Were there's a gator in the bushes & SHE"S callin my name
    12ga single shot by far. PS 3in magnums ; )
    H/D

Boolit Buddy
    8x56R Hungrian Styer, with WWll 1938-39 ammo. the rifle(or carbine) weights about 7lb.s the brass is a Russian 7.62x54R but with a .329-205 gr., bullet at about 2,300 FPS. you really don't want to shoot it much, just give it to to someone you really don't like!

TC encore pistol with a 50ae barrel. That thing was a monster to shoot. I only cared to shoot it a couple of times before I was done with it. LOL

Boolit Master
    I've got two that are sort of a tie as for how uncomfortable they were to shoot. First was a Contender with a 14"(IIRC) 45-70 barrel with loads for strong modern guns. Not my gun. Two shots with that scratched that itch quite nicely.

Second was one of those ridiculous Scandium, or something like that, in a 2" J-frame. There was three guys at our indoor range one evening when I was ROing. Acting like a bunch of frat boys butt grabbing and giggling. I had to counsel one about fanning a 22 SA. Not my kind of folks at all. One of them dragged out this little Loudenboomer loaded it and handed to one of the others. HUGE noise, twice, and the shooter was jumping around, shaking his hand and running his mouth. I asked just what that thing was and the proud owner asked if I want to shoot it. "Sure, I'll burn your ammo". And so I did, first shot the cylinder latch bit a big out of the web of my hand. Second shot I was a bit better prepared for it. I could feel my hand getting slippery but I launched the last round without flinching, but oh how I did want to yank the trigger and run away.

The owner asked how that was. I told him it kicked to much to ever consider owning one, handed it back to him and told him he might want to wipe the blood off it.
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

It's hard. I hated a 375 Winchester T/C contender barrel I had but I enjoy the pistol with other barrels.

Definitely the most boring firearm I once owned was a Browning BAR. Boringly accurate. Great trigger. Gorgeous. Never a problem. It's was so great I got bored with it.

TC 50 cal Hawken. Thing would bark me in the cheekbone every time I would shoot it.
    Placed a 54 cal barrel on it and it was worse. I was going to take it hunting one year and was shooting it to make sure it was sighted good. Got so feed up with it I came home and took a Horse shoeing file to the comb. Rounded it down and now it is kinda pleasant to shoot. Still hate cleaning it though. Got my first deer with it.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast