Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

Boolit Master
    If I mentioned it before, bear with me, because I'm gonna say it again.. It was an Encore pistol that I had with a .454 Casull barrel on it. The hot .45 Colt rounds were OK, but the Casull rounds ended it for me. I sold the whole shebang, pistol, scope, dies and brass for $850 or so. In retrospect I should have kept the scope and rings.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    I have a NE 3 1/2 single shot , with 2 1/4 oz. turkey loads it is a real thumper.

worst I've ever shot wasn't because of recoil...but because I couldn't hit anything with it. It was a Ruger 94 40 cal. I couldn't hit the barn if I was locked inside. I sold it to a friend who had great accuracy with it...then purchased my 22-250 varmint rifle with the proceeds. Best trade I ever made...in my opinion.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

I'd have to say my Bond Derringer in .410 (shotshell).
    It jumps around a bit much, and makes your hand hurt after only 10-12 shots.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Bersa 380 thunder.
    Bought it for the wife to carry. Took her out to get used to it, one shot she was done. Nasty recoil.
    I ran three through it! Yea a bit nasty!
    It went bye bye!

Boolit Master

Anything that shoots corrosive ammo. I'd rather spend my time shooting rather than cleaning.

My buddy had a 10 gauge double barrel shotgun that was sawed off to about 10". One day we shot some slugs with it. NOT FUN.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

An M-14 firing a rifle grenade was the worst experience that my shoulder and central nervous system ever had. No mule can kick as hard.

Boolit Master

A Contender with a Super 14 barrel in 445 SM. Probably the same as thr 454 barrel of Tom above. You need a couple of extra grip bolts as they tend to bend real bad under recoil. Just plain RUDE!

Boolit Master
    Recoil wise, an M95 Steyr carbine will knock you around a good bit with vintage Nazi ammo. Still can be a fun (and very handy) gun though.

One gun I got absolutely no joy out of was a S&W SW40VE. The trigger sucked, it was a little too snappy for what it was, and it had the kind of looks that screamed "I was cheap". It had no soul.

From what I've heard, it's replacement the SD40VE was a vastly superior gun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    A Marlin 1895 in 45-70. It kills at one end, maims at the other. I have a Contender in.375 JDJ, and a couple of 454 Casulls, Recoil doesn't scare me, but this weapon with 'big-boy' loads hurts pretty quick
    Don't want no one to git hurt, but if you're gonna have a wreck, I wanna watch.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    An M-14 firing a rifle grenade was the worst experience that my shoulder and central nervous system ever had. No mule can kick as hard.
    There is no education in the second kick from a mule
    Don't want no one to git hurt, but if you're gonna have a wreck, I wanna watch.

Boolit Master
    3 come to mind 2 I owned the other was a here try this and all in the same ciber 45/70. Browning 1886 lever action and Ruger No 1 with heavy loads will beat you into the ground like a tent peg. The T/C Contender Super 14 45/70 with muzzle brake 3 shots I quit. Oddly enough I fired a Ruger No 1 in 375 H&H and it wasn't as bad in the recoil dept as the 45/70 guess the extra 2+ lbs in weight makes a difference

Boolit Master

Ruger #3 in 45-70 can be pretty miserable with Type III loads.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

A friend has a contender and let me shoot the 10" barrel in 30-30. Two shots and I thought I broke my middle finger. The recoil was not as bad as I thought, but the design of the trigger guard just ate up my middle finger. I gave the gun back to him and said enough fun for a life time with that gun.

My worst was a short barreled Marlin 450 with hot cor bon bullets. Rings your jaw and spine after getting it zeroed. Other would be a 500 smith and Wesson with 2.5 inch ported barrel. Shot 2 shots and traded it off.

Boolit Master
    A 12 gauge pump with 1 0z. slug! Owtch!

Colt New Agent. The the would hammer bite every time I took it to the range. I have pretty pudgy hands though. Lots of felt recoil. Loud as a cannon.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooper003 View Post
    I have a NE 3 1/2 single shot , with 2 1/4 oz. turkey loads it is a real thumper.
    My buddy bought one of those, a very light shotgun. I fired two turkey loads with it and never touched it again!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    S&W Model 29 with 6 or 6.5" barrel. I was hard headed and owned three of them over the years. 10" Contender in 44 Mag was just as painful. I did have the 10 5/8" Silhouette Model 29 and it was not bad to shoot. I also had one Freedom Arms 454 Casull 7.5". I actually liked the 454 much better because the recoil sent the gun straight up over my head as opposed to recoiling back and dinging my finger with the trigger guard.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast