Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

H&R single shot 10g turkey gun. The gun weighs nearly nothing. Recoil is just stupid. Shot once, NEVER again.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

My M1 Carbine, when I first bought it. Slide was so worn out it would pop out if the receiver groove after every shot. LOL.

Bought a new slide and it's been one of my favorites ever since.

Boolit Buddy
    Stevens 200 7mm Remington Magnum. Not as impressive as some of the other stories here, but about 5 rounds out of that thing off the bench was quite enough. It only weighed about 6 or 7 lbs.

Traded it for a 243. Within 300 yards it seems to take whitetail just as well as the 7 mag did.

Boolit Buddy
    Ruger #1 tropical rebored to 470 Nitro. Quite a handful!

Thompson Encore in 270 Win. Factory ammo out of the 15" barrel was brutal for some reason. I have .223, 6mm br, 6.5mm br, 44 mag, 7mm br for same gun and they are a pleasure, but the 270 was awful. Had bought everything to reload for it, shot factory first time, and sold the barrel the next week.

Back when I was early 20's I had a 357 Anyway, One day my wife and I went to my bosses house for a BBQ and he had a SBH. He asked if I wanted to shoot it, of course I said yes, but I didn't realize the trick he was playing on me. The 1st ones I fired I thought weren't so bad,heck they were lighter than the.357. The next 6 were a little hotter and then he loaded 6 of max loads and didn't tell me, that 1st one went off and banged my middle finger something fierce. I gave it back (the whole time he was laughing his head off) and haven't fired a Single action revolver since. I like the looks of the BH and wouldn't mind having one but I won't buy one because of the bruising. Also, I don't care for shooting my AR, every time I fire it I think about chasing the brass.
    Last edited by RKJ; 03-24-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Boolit Master

.378 weatherby. Grandpa had one when I was a kid. Ouch.

Boolit Buddy Cold Trigger Finger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    Interarms 458 Win mag. 405 gr jacketed, full house. Loaded 20, shot 8. I went home and unloaded the rest. Shooting is supposed to be fun. Handgun, it's a toss-up. Ruger SRH 454 with 260 grain Winchester, factory loads. Slapped my hand so hard I thought it had to be a mistake. Now I shoot only cast. 340 grain custom mould from Mountain Molds, and a few 400 grainers from Beartooth.
    What was wrong with the Mark X and Whitworth Express rifles in 458 ? I've had several of them. And have run hundreds of full power rounds thru them . the 400 gr Barnes X bullet at 2400 fps was one of my favorite's.
    My least favourite guns to shoot are . #1 anything 308 calibre. Just cause I hate the 30 calibre.
    # 2, the 500 S+W X Frame 4" with full power loads.
    But then there are some guns I just won't shoot.
    You are being watched.

Boolit Buddy Cold Trigger Finger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maggnutt View Post
    CZ 550 in 9.3x62mauser.
    I had the 20" barrel version FS model. With 250 gr X bullets at 2600 fps . the hogback butt stock made it unfun to shoot much. With the American style stock its fine. Had a 550 Safari Magnum in 300 Win mag that I worked hard to burn the throat out. The hogback butt stock on that rifle made it less fun than the American stocked 458 Lott I had.
    You are being watched.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lead-1 View Post
    While the T/C Contender with the recalled super 16 barrel in 45-70 and the Browning Citori that I couldn't get a the proper cheek weld on were brutal they weren't the worse.
    My friend had a Remington 788 in .308 that was violent, five shots in one sitting with 150 grain ammo was about all one wanted to shoot. He warned me that it was a kicker but I said bs, I have a .308 at home with a steel buttplate so it can't be that bad. He was right and I surrendered, there was no need to punish one's self more that five rounds but only once.
    I bought a 788 shortly before they stopped production from a chain store that was going out of business. I was so proud of my "bargain" 308 with an 18.5" barrel. A friend who reloaded offered to help me "work up some loads." That little bolt rifle beat both of us black and blue repeatedly. Unbelievable for a 308. I traded it for a Redhawk from a guy who shot a contender rechambered to 444. I figured he was tougher than I was.

Boolit Buddy

My least fun rifle to shoot was a big box store version of a Remington 700 with a black plastic stock that I purchased in the mid 90's.
    No matter what load was tried, that thing would never group better than 3" at 100 yards.
    I took it apart to prep it for a possible bedding job and discovered why it had such a hard time. The forward stock screw was bearing up HARD on the bolt.
    I was wondering why that bolt was so hard to close ! The darn screw lost half of it's threads in just one day, about 60 rounds total, of shooting.
    I'm not recoil shy, even shooting my friends 416 Weatherby was not unbearable to me, but an inaccurate gun is a painful thing to endure !

My .02.

CPL Lou
    CPL Lou

BFR 500 Magnum,40 grains H110,440 grain Boolit.Makes your fingers bleed after 20 shots.
    One who does nothing makes no mistakes.

Boolit Mold
    Couple years ago I took 2-day Shotgun at Front Sight with my Mossberg 500. Turns out the synthetic stock with the very nice, soft recoil pad that was very kind to the shoulder didn't fit me. That thing beat the holy hell out of my cheek to the point that I started to get a mouse under my right eye. Exceedingly unpleasant. It's still my go-to house gun though...

Boolit Master

Probably a 22lr revolver. Just boring.

Boolit Man

TC Super 14 in 44 mag, fired 2 shots and changed the barrel. I didn't buy the 44 barrel even though it was cheap.

S&W M37 snub nose with "regular" 38 special target WC loads -- hurt worse than full power loads in a M629.

Boolit Mold
    Taurus ULTRALITE .44 MAGNUM with a Titanium frame, shot 3 rounds and it wasn't fun anymore

I won't name a particular rifle. But as a general principle, as I've aged, 68 now, the more recoil adverse I've become. Glad to be casting, reloading several sweet reduced loads.

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester 55 the .22, because it drops hot brass right down my shirt sleeve

I have a couple of guns that are only slightly better behind than in front of. My 45ACP Double Tap pocket pistol and my 454 Casull 15" T/C Encore. The Double Tap is so light that the recoil likes to rip your thumb off and the Casull bloodies the middle finger of your shooting hand on the trigger guard every time I shoot it. Gp

Boolit Master
    A minigun w/o hearing protection.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast