Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: What is the least fun gun you have shot?

Boolit Man
    Any 45/70 pistol/revolver. I've shot a couple different ones and none of them were any fun.

Boolit Grand Master

Unknown 10ga when I was around ten years old. I may have weighed 55# soaking wet w/ winter clothes on. It didn't help that I lifted my cheek off the stock. I will never have a need for that gauge. Just like I see no need to shoot 3.5" 12ga shells.

Boolit Master
    When I was LEO had to carry 357 revolvers and qualify, full power ammo, with same, OK didn't like that at all, qualified with my 1911 ACP and that was nice. worst was a 44mag revolver. 1 shot and done.
    Rifle, I know my limits and don't challenge myself.
    Shotgun, H&R single shot 3.5" 10 ga with 3 oz loads, another 1 and done. I love my #10 autos.
    10ga
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

.50 AE Desert Eagle. Not the recoil- the sharp end of the first hot brass hit me square in the forehead. Recoilwise-10" octagon Contender 30-30 with 170 gr factory loads. Rifle wise the 8mm Rem Mag(kicks fast&hard unlike the slow punch of a .458) and any single shot 3" 12 ga with no recoil pad!
    Best, Thomas.

Mine is a winchester model 100 in .308. To get a good sight picture I need to have my cheek bone in contact with the stock, and it just hurts, hate shooting it. I shoot a tika t3 light in 300 win mag, and can manage the recoil just fine, same with my 1895g in 45-70. Getting hit in the cheekbone makes me mad.

Boolit Grand Master

My 12 bore home defense shotgun is a dreary, ho hum piece of utilitarian equipment. Can't recall ever taking it out for "fun."
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Banned
    I had a single shot bolt action 410 shotgun that I bought new at JC Penny's when I was 12 years old. It had a top mounted safety that switched to the left and right. Only two positions. Seemed pretty fool proof. HOWEVER, the safety switch would go about half to 2/3 of the way to safe and it would click very definitively. On safe right? Wrong. It still had a little way to go with another click to really be on safe. I got very skittish about it so I would point it downrange (or in a safe direction) and test the safety by pulling the trigger. Well it got to be a habit. A very very dangerous habit. Once it went off and blew the dome light of my buddies 57 Chev through the roof from the inside. (yes I loaded the gun in the car) Another time I was rabbit hunting by myself, never told anyone I was going or where I was, the gun went off right next to my foot. 2 inches and it would hit my foot leaving me to probably bleed to death out in the woods.
    If I still had that gun now I would fix the safety. (I have since learned proper handling of guns also)

Boolit Master

14" Contender in 445 SM. I can shoot it but have to bring a half dozen grip screws with me to change them out periodically when the bend. The Pachmeyer Grips are more forgiving but they are harder on the grip screw and the trigger guard just smashes my social finger. The factory grips are better on the solcial finger but tougher on my palm.

Factory 416 Rigby with a factory recoil pad (hard) and factory fodder from the bench. 12 rounds and ended up with three numb fingers and the inside of my forearm till the nerves healed about 3.5 years later.

Boolit Master

You guys have never shot a 58-90 Asperley Aimless with one hand!

Boolit Bub
    3.5" 460 s&w

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170304_142533.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	191254

Boolit Master
    Polish P64, 9x18. Horrible trigger. The recoil slams my arthritic hand. Only this gun hurts me, nothing else does.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jlnel2 View Post
    3.5" 460 s&w

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170304_142533.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	191254
    They make one of these with a 2 in barrel that comes with yellow grips in a yellow case with a flare in it. Some sort of survival packet.
    A friend has one, his daughter was going to video him shooting it, she screamed and dropped the phone when he touched it off. He shot it once more and you could see by the video, that she was shaking pretty bad holding the phone. lol

He talked mu Sil into shooting it once, who is a big stout as a mule guy and not in the least recoil shy. He told me, without a doubt, that if that is all he had and a grizz got after him he would throw it at it and fight the bear before shooting it again. lol

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    They make one of these with a 2 in barrel that comes with yellow grips in a yellow case with a flare in it. Some sort of survival packet.
    A friend has one, his daughter was going to video him shooting it, she screamed and dropped the phone when he touched it off. He shot it once more and you could see by the video, that she was shaking pretty bad holding the phone. lol

He talked mu Sil into shooting it once, who is a big stout as a mule guy and not in the least recoil shy. He told me, without a doubt, that if that is all he had and a grizz got after him he would throw it at it and fight the bear before shooting it again. lol
    Lol, I agree!

Boolit Master
    Three guns come to mind #1 Rossi couch gun mine has a stupid semi cresent shape butt stock with a sharp toe shot a box of 3 in. mags just to see what it would be like bad idea. #2 siamese mauser in .45-70 500 gr boolit ouch! #3 plan old 1911 .45 I have a problem in my right hand from using a nail gun so long at work a standard 1911 just kills it a beaver tail safety helps I can shoot heavy .44 or .45 colt all day and I'am fine.

I love Ruger handguns and for years wanted a really pristine example of a 44 Super Blackhawk 3 screw...finally the day came along and I was able to buy an un touched and un molested 44mag Super Blackhawk...it was a wonderful gun...balanced perfectly..deep bluing from it's days of "birth"..perfect fit and grips...man was I thrilled.

I load and figured I'd just start shooting it with my own fodder from the very beginning...I rounded up some brass, think I used 110 as I recall and some sizable projectile I managed to acquire..(all been a very long time ago).

The squared off trigger guard has to be the spawn of the devil himself...at least for my hands that are full of arthritis and have been broken more than once. Fired it about a dozen times and had enough blood and bruises to take all the fun out of the whole deal...put it in the safe...occasionally brought it down and dry fired it with snap caps to see if I could help with my grip...loaded some mid range loads and again went to the range...same result. Gun lived in the safe for a couple of years and finally moved on...I think I know why so many super Blackhawks are sold with 40 rounds left out of a box of 50.

Quote Originally Posted by opos View Post
    ...I think I know why so many super Blackhawks are sold with 40 rounds left out of a box of 50.
    I bought one with 49 rounds in the box, many years ago.

The guy tried it out for the first time without hearing protection...oh boy!

Least fun for me is any Glock, along with many mil surplus eastern block pocket pistols that I've shot.

I can live without any more 12 gauge ~ 3 inch magnum slugs, too.
    A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Too many "big blasters" to list ... I've found that the older I get the more I appreciate accuracy over recoil and muzzle blast!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

500 S&W Mag. Bad news
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

Double barreled Stoeger coach gun with 3" 15 pellet 00 buck without my kick pad. Big mistake! Lol

Boolit Mold
    Subjectively, the worst instance was a shot with pure fear - that of touching off a lowly Winchester SuperX .22 Long Rifle as my first shot in the new Marlin 3D single shot rifle., as I had heard of bad recoil. Of course, within minutes, I was loving every minute. I was 10.

Objectively, the worst was was my uncle's Ruger No. 3 Carbine in 45-70, which I failed to hold well! Still think that one is a kicker. Much different from my scoped bicentennial year No. 1 in same caliber.

Am enjoying your stories.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast