Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sprue Channel

Boolit Master
    [quote=EDK;428207]...the TREE milling machine hates me and tries to eat every project I get near it with.

It's like Ford & Chevy, only which flavor you like. I like the J-head size Bridgeport and a Tree.........just my opinion, as there other machines out there.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

sprue

MORGAN:I dont see why not on LEE,I did it on my 4 cavity lymans.and yes it is hensley and gibbs thats where I got my idea from.the lead allows the bullet to pull in stock and helps to fill the bullet.It should be especialy good on large double cavity bullets.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Master

Talking

Gussy is the person who had the thick sprue plates with the long handles for Lyman moulds in one and two cavity.
    Last edited by Doc Highwall; 04-18-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Boolit Master
    So is this new sprue channel anything like the discovery channel?
    BIC/BS

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=Jon K;429216]
    Quote Originally Posted by EDK View Post
    ...the TREE milling machine hates me and tries to eat every project I get near it with.

It's like Ford & Chevy, only which flavor you like. I like the J-head size Bridgeport and a Tree.........just my opinion, as there other machines out there.

Jon
    Our TREE is a 40+ year old machine that was all we had in our power plant shop(because the management people hate the machinists with a passion and didn't want to spend money on tools!) We trained on MAXS (a Bridgeport look-alike) for the apprenticeship...all of a week!...and then get a machine job once a year. Obviously, the Bridgeport collet system is superior and more user friendly....unless you're using the TREE on a regular basis. Since we got the Bridgeport, the TREE is now basically a drill press...with a chuck semi-permanently installed.

I work rotating shift and there's some slack time on 4-to-12 PLUS the guys off the street, rather than those who came through the system like I did, are d--- good machinists and are willing to show me how to operate the machines. The electronic control systems are over my head for now, but I've got good teachers...I'll be halfway decent by the time I retire.

I'm with Bullshop, waiting for the 1:30 program on swaging..

Good thing the Tivo is recording "Fun with Hollow Point moulds" at 10 because it conflicts with Dexter!
    "Unnh, Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

Chuck

Boolit Master
    I have troughed a Lee 6 cavity mold, it works very well. I plan to do all my 6 cavity Lee's. The plates are very sticky, I used 4 flute carbide cutter, lots of RPM and WD-40 for lube-coolant.
    Last edited by quasi; 11-16-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12