Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: master caster

Boolit Buddy

master caster

I am the proud owner of a master caster. love the machine love the bullets I can cast with easy. had it for about 1 year now. I would like to see how some of you have yours set up to catch the bullets and sprue. I bought mine second hand and never seen it set up. I am sure that there is a better way than what I am doing.

Kirb

I have heard that name before, who makes the master caster?

Boolit Buddy
    It is made by Magma Engineering well made works great.

Boolit Master

I bolted mine to 4'' channel to raise it and used a pan under it to catch bullets and sprues,a divider in the pan will keep sprues and bullets separated.

I made a bench for mine from 2 x 12 lumber and have a hole cut in it under the machine. I use a cut down beer case size box on a shelf under the machine with a towl attached to the box so that the dropped bullets never hit the bottom of the box, the sprue is caught in a small metal bucket that hangs in front of the bench from 2 hooks. I can post a pic or two if you're interested in seeing it. I love the Master Caster. It's hard to cast a bad boolit with it. I have over 15 different moulds for mine now, and always interested in adding more.
    I only hope that someday I can be half the Man that my Dogs already think I am!

Boolit Buddy
    sundogg would love to see a picture I have 12 moulds and love to cast with it. Can you change moulds when hot or do you let it cool down.

Thanks

Kirb

I have used a master caster since 1992. I have it mounted on an 18x18 inch steel table with two buckets of water set beneath. one bucket for sprues and the other for bullets.

I change molds when the machine is COOL.

I set it up for the bullets I want to cast and when I am finished and the machine cools ( overnight) I then set it up, change molds, for the next bullet/caliber casting session.

I have less rejects using the master caster then I do using my Lyman bottom pour.