RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: used lube/sizer advice

Boolit Buddy

used lube/sizer advice

I'm a newbie. Need a lube sizer. Found a used Lyman 45sizer/luber $60 and an RCBS lubeamatic fitted witha Cabine tree autolube feeder..$140. Should I buy one of them? I plan to cast for 32special,348win and 375win,Thanks.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    The RCBS may be the better choice between these 2...IMHO..

Banned

I did some testing for gussy on that lube feeder assembly when he was first experimenting with them and they really work slick. Id buck up for the rcbs

Boolit Master

I have three of the Lyman 450 units and I have never had a problem with them. Dies will work for both units, as will top punches. I have no experiance with the auto luber but unless you do a LOT of boolits I can't imagine needing one, it's just not that hard to turn the lube handle.

Boolit Buddy

lubesize

For a low volume caster the Lyman would be good?

The old Lyman 45 is a good machine, but compared to later models has much less leverage and more linkage to wear. It was replaced by the Lyman 450 and I have three of them and they all work very well. I bought the last two used and didn't pay more than $50.00 for either.

If you want an old Lyman 45, don't pay good money for one. I have one I will send you for the postage. It needs to have one pin in the linkage replaced, and a good cleaning, but it works just fine. You will also need to get one of those little ratchet handles, but Lyman sells those or you can use a little ratchet wrench and a socket from your hardward store. A 1/4 ratchet wrench set will have one that fits.

The RCBS is comprable to the Lyman 450 and is a good machine and RCBS has first rate customer servce.

Now, I have no idea what this Cabin Tree gizmo is, but I would be too cheap to pay that kind of money for one, no matter how slick they are. I have sized bullets for 50 years without it, and figure I can continue to do so until the Lord calls me home.

I should think you could pick up a good Lyman 450 or RCBS for around $85.00 to $95.00 or perhaps even less.

"Cabine tree autolube feeder"

What is this I have never heard of it did a search and nothing came up about it??????????

never mind I found it here is a link if anyone else is interested

http://www.castingstuff.com/cabinetr...g_products.htm

i have the lyman and it works as well as the day i bought it i have the star (Broke for the second time hard lube with no heater )i also have a saeco it works great
    i just use the two now the lyman for 311 the saeco for all other cals
    bigbear is right

Boolit Master

What is broke on the STAR? What do you want for it?

Boolit Master

The last Lyman I got from ebay and the seller stated it was used but the picture looked good and I bid it up to fifty some dollars to get it. When it came in it was not used, it was NEW! (never had a stick of lube in it) and it came with the ratchet and spl. die wrench and allen to make it complete. A new Lyman 4500 from Midway is well over a $100 plus shipping.