RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Our Heroes

Thumbs up Our Heroes

I would like to publicly thank Jeff223 and Chargar (with two a's ) for all their efforts on our behalf in dealing with the messes that Lee's screwups dumped in their laps via the RD360180TL and 311291 GB's that they honcho'd for us. Both of these gentlemen have gone well beyond the call of duty dealing with out-of-spec moulds and Lee's refusal to pay attention to specs or to honor its commitments to us. They have stood by us and stood up for us despite all the headaches and hassles of being stuck in the middle. Honorable men are getting harder to find in today's world, but here we have two of the best among us, and I will not forget it.

Now, as to Lee Precision......
    I ordered four GB moulds this spring, and only one of them was what it was supposed to be, spec-wise. Three were usable, but one still requires me to set gas checks with a rubber mallet before sizing. I will personally never order another Lee custom mould, and despite how good a deal they seem, I would never recommend that anyone else order any more of them either. They now mess up much too often for me, then are unable and unwilling to make things right.

Frankly, if they didn't make the best priming units, neck sizers and rifle crimp dies on the market, I would forego buying any of their products. It feels like they have gone out of their way to turn a loyal customer of 35+ years (me) into a confirmed Lee basher. They have misrepresented themselves and lied outright to us on numerous recent occasions. I feel that John Lee has taken his father's excellent reputation for quality and great customer service and dragged it through the dirt. At least they still replace their cheap castings when they self-destruct, but for how much longer......who knows? If they are going to put it to us the way they have been, the least they could do is use a little KY jelly. Sitting has become rather uncomfortable.
    Born OK the first time.

Thanks for the kudos, but it was all part of the responsibility when one take on the exhaulted title of Cast Boolit Honcho , a mantle I will be glad to lay down.

From here on out, I am stick to group buys of NEI molds. I am glad we have taken that up. The number of molds ordered will be smaller and the price higher, but we will get great molds.

All of these problems with Lee, should be no suprise to me as my Grandfather told me since I was a tot, that you get what you pay for.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

To quote CAplater from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by C A Plater View Post
    This makes Lee service look pretty pathetic.

Actually Lee makes Lee's service look pathetic. My odds were 2 for 5 on group buys, the sixth (311291) I opted for the buy out. At Lee's 1:3 odds, good moulds from NEI are actually cheaper. I will confirm that opinion with my wallet.

Banned

yes, Cudos to Jeff223 and Charger, I have not been in any of their GB's but have followed the result, trials and tribulations, and have sympathy for them. Glad they are upstanding guys, and the tough times really do tell you who the 'good guys' are.

Boolit Master
    boy this is a nice thread and thanks

im glad the group buy turned out good in the end but it sure took awhile to get things done.i sure hope the group buys that are running now turn out good too.

Banned
    Good on the both of you for going above and beyond that is agreed

as for lee....I will bite my tongue.....

I figure if a man is ready to b*tch to the world when he get a raw deal, (and I am ) he should be even more ready to let others know whenever someone does right by him. Fair is fair. Especially if the ones who do him right are of the sort that is too modest to toot their own horns. So let the trumpets sound.
    Born OK the first time.

Boolit Master

"I would like to publicly thank Jeff223 and Chargar (with two a's ) for all their efforts on our behalf in dealing with the messes that Lee's screwups dumped in their laps via the RD360180TL and 311291 GB's that they honcho'd for us. Both of these gentlemen have gone well beyond the call of duty dealing with out-of-spec moulds and Lee's refusal to pay attention to specs or to honor its commitments to us. They have stood by us and stood up for us despite all the headaches and hassles of being stuck in the middle. Honorable men are getting harder to find in today's world, but here we have two of the best among us, and I will not forget it."

So Say We All!!

Banned

I wasnt in on these particular molds but id just like to add a big thanks to each and every honcho on here. The work and hastles you guys go through for us are appreciated by me more then you can realize. I am basicaly lazy and dont deal with stress well and would never think about taking on even the simplest group buy and to do a big one and not get hardly a thing for yourself is very commendable. You allow me and others to have bullets that we wouldnt have an opportuntity to try and to buy other things that we wouldnt be able to afford to buy without you. i still shake my head at the enormous undertaking the guys that did the last couple gas check group buys went through. Ive said it before but it needs repeating. IF THERE EVER ANYTHING i can do for you guys that have helped me. Whats mine is yours!!

USA Ranger ( Ret. )
    Life Member NRA,
    RangeMaster, Linn Creek Milsurp Shoot-Offs
    Master At Arms, NAGS
    National Association of Glue Shooters