RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #1 Rolling block action on eVil bay.

Well you can always sell stuff on Gunbroker where everything is either RARE or VINATAGE..

Boolit Buddy
    Nobade is right. Why go there? They also have a policy against selling ivory, so some list items as being "ox bone." Is the game to be a dishonest and devious liar just to see what you can get away with? Just shut up, accept that they own the business and have the same rights you do if you were to set policy for your own business.

I expect the eBay poobahs don't want to deal with the regulations surrounding firearm actions transferring through FFLs. I do NOT think they are "anti gun" since they freely allow sale of virtually any gun part, just not actions. Quit whining about eBay and just use the services that are willing to handle these. There are plenty. Sheeeeesh. Grow up.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit1945 View Post
    Nobade is right. Why go there? They also have a policy against selling ivory, so some list items as being "ox bone." Is the game to be a dishonest and devious liar just to see what you can get away with? Just shut up, accept that they own the business and have the same rights you do if you were to set policy for your own business.

I expect the eBay poobahs don't want to deal with the regulations surrounding firearm actions transferring through FFLs. I do NOT think they are "anti gun" since they freely allow sale of virtually any gun part, just not actions. Quit whining about eBay and just use the services that are willing to handle these. There are plenty. Sheeeeesh. Grow up.

Someone was whining???

Boolit Buddy
    Apology. Sounded like it to my aged and failing ears. Used to talking like that to my grandkids. Substitute "complaining" if that works for you.

I'm an old small-L libertarian who thinks a business's policies are their business, you should pardon the expression. You either go there or you don't. I also believe in honesty, and gaming rules seems devious and dishonest, whether it's ebay, your insurance company, or your government. Just saying'...

Boolit Master

Agreed, it's THEIR rules and they have their reasons and those guys trying to sneak a prohibited item past them are way out of line IMO. E-Bay is the place to sell a cookie jar or that type of thing and allowing firearm sales (actions are considered firearms) opens a "can of worms" as the old saying goes in order to determine what's legal and what's not so if they choose not to deal with that then so be it, besides we have other places to sell guns/gun parts. I was very disappointed when they decided to no longer allow a lot of shooting supplies that they once did but they did have a change of heart and eased up a bit about a year or so ago and some of the prohibited items, such as barrels, that had been banned are now once again allowed.

Boolit Master

Well they're still trying! There's another one up listed as "an octagon barrel" but the only thing missing is the buttstock, even the forearm wood is there. They have the forearm, hammer and block disassembled but included so basically this could be a functional firearm within minutes of receiving the parts except for the buttstock, let's see how long this one stays up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-1870...item23327de669

Boolit Master

Two bids now, currently $51!

naaa that is not the one first up. this is just a barrel ... the first was the barrel, forearm, action, hammer, block, trigger ect... everything except the buttstock.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bigted View Post
    naaa that is not the one first up. this is just a barrel ... the first was the barrel, forearm, action, hammer, block, trigger ect... everything except the buttstock.
    No it was not the first one up but it was a complete rifle except for the buttstock, I see it's been taken down already this morning and now the link just goes to "Remington Rolling block" items with that barrel being the first listed. It was complete with the barrel attached but the fore end was lying under the barrel in the photo and the hammer/block were removed but placed near the receiver in the same photo, that rig could have been assembled into a firing rifle within minutes except for the missing buttstock!
    Last edited by oldred; 11-22-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Boolit Master

Hey Ted here it is, the guy has re-listed it but this time he calls it a "Rolling Block Barrel"! Let's see how long it stays up this time, who knows it might even stay up until the end.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-1870...item23328fb9a6

RED ... yep I seen it the first time with your link but last nite it had changed to just a barrel. im bettin he keeps it up till they boot him ... what do ya think? shame as all this will do is make the e-bayorists just want to watch more careful and maybe make it impossible to get the parts I have found there. ... hope not.

Boolit Master

One might want to consider that the individual is being dishonest with ebay...why wouldn't he also be dishonest with a buyer?

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

The large frame RB 1901 was chambered for 7X57 I have 3 of them , got them at shows .One is still 7X57 original , The other 2 are black powder calibers 40/65, Then a multiple .44, 20 ga and a .452 1in 48" to become an inline percussion .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12