Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Third Deer for the 35

Third Deer for the 35

Thought I would share. While not with cast, I got this little spike/forkhorn with my old 35. Third deer with the rifle that was made about the time I was born (for some of you younger members, rifles did use cartridges back then) He's not wall hanger but very tasty. Seen a lot of empty fields and woods since I got him so I appreciate him a lot more now than when I shot him. A lesson learned for me, to appreciate the gifts given.

DP
    Last edited by northmn; 12-28-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Boolit Master

Looks like some good eat'n to me.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Buddy
    Good job! Been a little slow couple hours north of you in Roseau. Hopefully by tonight I'll be done.

California. Where absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good.
    Its good to be thankful for a filled tag. I have too many tags that represent hunts where I saw nothing but beautiful country and air that I could see through. Minnesota is so beautiful. Hunting Minnesota must be a dream come true.

I'm still looking for that recipe for antler stew. Can't seem to find it

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robroy View Post
    I'm still looking for that recipe for antler stew. Can't seem to find it
    First, get yourself an antlered deer........

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master
    Not quite a spike or fork there. {I can tell by his snout He's no fawn or yearling. He's older than you may think he is.} This is a excellent deer to cull. Believe me. You don't want this type of buck breeding doe's in your area.
    I hunted zone 177. We did OK over this way. 2 for 2 in 2-days. Wolves are doing even better.

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, looks like a mature spike. Better in the freezer than in the gene pool.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by helice View Post
    Its good to be thankful for a filled tag. I have too many tags that represent hunts where I saw nothing but beautiful country and air that I could see through. Minnesota is so beautiful. Hunting Minnesota must be a dream come true.
    One thing about MN is that it is said that you can appreciate all 4 seasons, summer, fall, winter and spring, sometimes in one day. The newer clothing offerings are a blessing compared to what I used to have to wear in the colder weather.
    Have a friend I grew up with that grew up on deer, claims he was 16 before he tasted beef. He now lets the bigs one walk as he compares them to prime bulls for a cow herd. As I get older I think he may have something there. I am also getting too darn old to drag the real big ones out.

DP

Boolit Master
    Good job on you're little buck, those 35's will never go out of style!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by helice View Post
    Hunting Minnesota must be a dream come true.
    It was until the tree huggers let the wolves get out of control.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by northmn View Post
    ...Have a friend I grew up with that grew up on deer, claims he was 16 before he tasted beef. He now lets the bigs one walk as he compares them to prime bulls for a cow herd. As I get older I think he may have something there. I am also getting too darn old to drag the real big ones out.

DP
    I get to hunt on my brother's lease as a guest. Paid members get the trophies, I get to cull spikes and dry does and I'm encouraged to shoot every pig I want, even ones I don't want. That certainly works for me, I've spent all I care to with taxidermists....unless I happen to shoot a good specimen of a javelina. One would look good with my boar mounts.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Trollwhack View Post
    First, get yourself an antlered deer........

BvT
    Then find a knife maker with pockets full of cash