RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Boolit Bub
    I belong to a few Forums but this seems to be the most friendly Forum I've found. Lots of good information. Who'd have thought you could make "glubluits"???

Mike
    Qui tacet consentire videtur

Retired Navy (1966-2004)
    NRA Life member (1994)
    CRPA member
    SBR&GC member

First Try

Just tried first smelt. I'm going to try casting boolits this weekend. Great info here.
    Can't wait to try cb in the old #4. Thanks all!

Super Moderator

.........Treetop, "Sorry, Buckshot, at least I didn't lurk very long..." You're my new hero

.......... winshooter "I belong to a few Forums but this seems to be the most friendly Forum I've found. We strive. Lots of good information. Who'd have thought you could make "glubluits"??? We've got some truly imaginative a resourceful folks here so whatever they come up with next won't be a surprise

............DJ303 "Just tried first smelt." THAT'S the easy part I'm going to try casting boolits this weekend. This is the slightly harder part

Welcome aboard guys.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

:-dClick image for larger version. 

Name:	boolits.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	11161

Blasted hellish frozen northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota
    O.K.- I have now officialy de-lurked.

Been lurking, shoping, and inhaling the sweet fragrance of molten pb. Thought I might give casting a try three weeks ago and now have 6 molds, 4 more on the way, and a 1/4 ton of lead ingots I made from WW. I've reloaded for 20+ years and wonder why I didn't start casting sooner.
    Great forums filled with more info than my little brain will hold.

Just wanted to step out of the shadows and say "Thanks!"

Greeting,

I have cast round ball but never boolits. This looks like an interesting place.

Cheers
    Kevin

Thumbs up Slow Elk 45/70

Hello Folks, I just joined your community and thought I would say Hell-O before I am cast as a Lurker... I have been casting since before I want to admit, so I have a few bad habits, 44's,45's, 45/70's and others..I have a thing for guns that start with 4 in caliber , I guess.. S.L.45/70

Boolit Mold

I also am new here, I joined middle of last week or so. I have been lurking for nearly a week. I have been casting boolits for the last 30 or so years. I've casted a gazillion pistol boolits, a megamillion revolver boolits,and about a million rifle boolits. I belong to a couple of forums, but I generally do not post much, unless I can help someone. I mostly enjoy reading posts, if I am not casting, in fact I just finnished melting down 300 lbs of ww's into ingots and casted about a thousand .45 rnd nse. I also hunt with my reloads, both cast and jacketed. Both handgun and rifle. Well thanks for being here. I have already learned a few things more than I already knew.

Hello Guys & Gals!
    I've been on board now for about a month; and have really enjoyed co-mingling, participating, buying, fussing, and selling; and all about this addictive casting stuff!
    Man, I breathe it. Glad to know I walk among The Think Alikes!
    And, I always thought I was special. Lol!

GRB

Boolit Master

I too am new to casting boolits. Been rolling my own for a long while, but not makin boolits. Couple of weeks ago I took my new 1911 to the indoor range for a little break in. Yes sir, you can have that box of ammo for only 38 bucks! Time to get castin and you guys have saved me already buying the wrong thing first. This site is terriffic.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaint View Post
    I too am new to casting boolits. Been rolling my own for a long while, but not makin boolits. Couple of weeks ago I took my new 1911 to the indoor range for a little break in. Yes sir, you can have that box of ammo for only 38 bucks! Time to get castin and you guys have saved me already buying the wrong thing first. This site is terriffic.
    You will find you have fallen in with a bunch of enablers, and we will do all we can to see you spend as much money saving money as we do!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned
    Here's my first post and what is probally the begining of my devorce, or my death. I'm a frequent member of the handloaders bench.(Please don't hold that against me) I have some of the most basic tools from pouring my own spinnerbaits and buzzbaits. I thought I would start with a basic round ball for my flintlock and go rom there. Give me a few weeks to look around before I start asking questons. I'm in Frederiick MD is there anone close that wouldent mind showing me the ropes or their setup so I can get the feel.

Thanks Mike

Boolit Mold
    Not entirely a lurker, but not the most frequent poster either. I've been browsing this forum for some time, wanting to get in to the bullet casting game. I've slowly been building my toolset, acquiring via Christmas gifts, Craigslist and other sources a supply of lead, Lee bottom-pour pot, turkey fryer, cast iron pot, misc tools -- and after a very long time on back-order, a Lee six-gang mold in .401.

Took some time to myself Friday night, filled the drip-o-matic with WW alloy and off we went. After taking some time to finally get the mold broken in and hot enough, managed to surprise myself by producing a few hundred shiny new truncated cone bullets! After reading and planning for so long, the sense of accomplishment is hard to describe.

Thanks to everyone here for your wealth of shared info. The stickies, threads found in searches and just random browsing have provided much wisdom which has guided me around common pitfalls and costly mistakes.
    ksccw.com - Connecting carrying Kansans.

Boolit Grand Master

RexDart;
    That's what this place is all about!

Dale53

I don't post as much as I'd like to, mostly because I don't know enough to answer very many of the questions people ask on here, but I'm really glad I joined this site. Everybody on here has been really helpful, and I really enjoy corresponding with all of y'all.

Boolit Bub
    well I would like to say thanks I have read alot and learned even more
    I am sure I will be asking qustions
    i used to reload and cast with my dad Years ago 20+ and I am taking it back up now that I am retired well working my seconded job and so I can teach my kids just because it hold 20 rounds dose not mean you have to shoot all 20 ( if they work for it the may take it easy)
    like I said thanks

Cool

New, been lurking for awhile. Slowly putting my casting equipment together, hope to be pouring lead this summer. Great forum, I'll just keep reading for a bit

Hi all, been lurking for some time now. Have scrounged close to half ton of lead in the past year... all nicely smelted into cupcake size ingots. Plan on casting soon for my mausers.. K98k and G33/40's. There is a wealth of info on this forum..Thanks to all..

Boolit Man

I need some schooling

hello

I need some help. Have just started casting for Cowboy action Shooting with good results. Cast for 45 colt and 38 Special. Want to start casting for 223. Where do I start? I am just punching paper with the AR. Mold? Sizer and gas check installer what lee one to get? Anyone point me to a thread on the subject? tried to search and my screen just showed a error. I hope to learn a lot here.

Thanks in advance

Scootshop

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast