Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    Welcome to CB lilMAC25 PM sent
    Thank you sir.

Reply sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    G'Day mate,

welcome to cast boolits.

casting for 308 will be a lot like casting for muzzleloading except you will need harder lead alloy.

harder alloys melt at lower temperatures

most 308 will shoot a boolit (lead bullet) sized to .309. you will need a .309 mold in the weight and profile you want to shoot, you will also need a sizing die (like a lee like this one https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision...g-goods&sr=1-1
    Hey buddy,

Thanks for the reply and the pm you sent is bloody epic!

Boolit Master
    Hi!! joined a few days ago. Didn't find this thread till now. Ive cast a few hundred bullets and some buckshot. Had a bad experience with zinc mixed in with my lead. Wish I knew a lot more about flux. I am about to decide a thermometer is a necessity.

Hello all, I just joined, but I have known about this site for a few years. I just got serious about casting after giving up on it a few years ago when I was younger and dumber. I finished some 440gr 500 S&W GC and PC projectiles this week. I cant wait to dive in deep and learn a lot from everybody and possibly join in on some group buys.

Boolit Man
    I’m from the Cincinnati, Ohio area and Been lurking off and on for a little while now. Joined due to wanting to purchase a bullet mold and and just recently just met up with another member to purchase some ingots. I’ve been casting .501 bullets with the lee 440 and noe 600gr varieties for the Beowulf. Just bought a lee .357? 200gr for the 350 legend but haven’t done anything with it yet as it’s been too hot to mess with after a hot day at work.

I’ve been enjoying casting so far but still trying to learn as much as I can.

I joined in 2013, before today, it had been 2017 since I was here. Now I'm back. With The BeerFlu going around I think it's time to melt some lead that I've have been saving.

Boolit Mold
    Hi, joined up today. I do reload. Found this site looking for a load for 44 mag and 260HC over Unique. Went with 10 gr, and settled on 11 gr. Also found data on 240 gr, 296, and 2400. Reading data on 357 158 HC loads. Great site with a wealth of information. Have not loaded any jacketed bullets, LOL.

Boolit Bub
    Joined last month. Love it here. Hope to get to know all of you. Don't cast, but I reload. Plan to make many purchases.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    I like lurking here.....it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to see people like making bullets

Boolit Mold
    Hi all...I just recently joined and love it so far...I cast 200 grainers for my 35 Remington right now, but I want to begin casting more calibers...

I do love how it kills our central Texas hogs...sort of like shooting a golf ball through em....

Boolit Blub Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang's Avatar
    Former lurker, have been casting for a couple of years or so. Mostly for old black powder cartridge revolvers and rifles. Best info on the internet right here.

Lurked a bit in recent months. I used to cast a lot of pistol bullets and shotgun slugs but stopped for a few years. Recent shortages have gotten me thinking that it might be a good idea to fire up the casting pot again.

I’m just saying Hi to a great site . I’ve been a member here for 14 years I just realized! I enjoy visiting this site from time to time and will more so as I am finally prepping to turn 20 buckets of wheel weights into a lot of ingots. These buckets are at least 10 years old so hopefully a lot more useful stuff than not. I am sorting first and thanks to the great info contained herein I feel good about ID’ing the various weights. I’ve done some already many years back and those ingots are buried in the garage as well. A turkey fryer with a large cast iron pot and various ingot molds are waiting. Thanks.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm not a lurker. Tripped and fell into the pot.

Greetings all'

Goofy

Boolit Mold
    Ive been lurking for years. I stop in for knowledge on occasion.

Just got an email wishing me a happy birthday?!

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I've been lurking for years also. Started when I was getting back into casting and
    Google searches for casting ????'s kept sending me here. I've learned a lot reading this forum.

Boolit Mold
    Been reloading for years, never wanted to cast. Then with the shortages of everything, decided i should at least learn. Now I am remelting the same muffin pan ingots over and over cause its just fun!

I have made a few Lee 356 120 TCs, and just spent the night fighting with my 'new' toaster oven to get it up to temp to powder coat. Each step is new and exciting. Some day (hopefully soon) I will actually make shootable cartridges.

Couldn't have done it without the the help of a local member who convinced me to join.
    Last edited by All Kinds; 10-19-2020 at 05:45 PM.

I’m a guilty lurker, as in 7 years guilty.
    I’ve shot a lot of cast in my 44 mags and my trusty 45-70.
    Finally decided to gather some smelting and casting tools and ordered a mold .
    Can’t wait to get started.

Boolit Mold
    Guilty Lurker here, but I finally am coming into the fold. I just refined my first batches of WW and range scrap. I finally got all my stuff lined up and bought my first mold. I have been pouring through this site as well as on youtube. Getting ready to clean my mold and season it. I may actually have my first cast bullet by end of week if all goes well. Wish me luck.

Boolit Mold
    I’ve been lurking for quite some time. Finally joined just the other day

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast