Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Boolit Mold
    Lurked for a while and finally signed up. Great site with lots of information. I have done a few casting sessions so far and everything turned out great.

Welcome ar-wg. If that is the Victorville in San Bernardino County, then I know it well because I explored all that area between there and Baker on up to Death Valley and over to Goldfield, Rhyolite, and Beatty, Nevada, back 50 years ago.

rl 1,187
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

I figured it was time to sign up since this showed up in the mail. The wife didn't even tell me she was getting it for me.

Time to start looking for lead.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Linstrum View Post
    Welcome ar-wg. If that is the Victorville in San Bernardino County, then I know it well because I explored all that area between there and Baker on up to Death Valley and over to Goldfield, Rhyolite, and Beatty, Nevada, back 50 years ago.

rl 1,187
    Yes, that's the area. I was just in Death Valley last December. I also stopped by the ghost town in Rhyolite and filled up in Beatty.

Boolit Mold
    Noob... Joined recently but been a non-member lurker for a while. always figure you learn more by reading than by yappin' . So I search and read stickies. this is a great source of info and I know if I ask I can get an answer.

Boolit Mold
    Just got my 45 colt Ruger,have a Ruger#1 45/70 and a Ruger 77/22 hornet.
    I have to start casting now!Went out today and found myself just over 300 lbs of lead.
    That should get me started.Now I just have to get some moulds.
    Mutt

Vendor Sponsor

Been casting 58 cal pure lead boolits for years.. just decided to start alloying and shooting cast 30 cal and 458.. so looking to learn a lot
    in two days of looking around I have already tripled my knowedge ..
    found rotometals, ordered and they shipped same day
    new larger pot will be here next week

powdercoating machine and oven have arrived

now just need to find molds for 30 cal 120 gr and 200-230 Gr for Blackout
    Thanks

I decided to join up after every single search I ran about casting ended up here anyway.
    I've yet to cast a single bullet, but I'm learning a lot just making ingots out of wheel weights.
    No Excreta Taures

Boolit Bub
    Started out casting for my 45 ACP about 10 years ago, should have joined this forum then. I now cast about 14 different boolits for six different handgun calibers and havn't bought ammo since 2002 except for my 22's. Plan on doing some rifle loads soon and this forum has been a wealth of info in just the short time I've been here. Thanks to All.
    Last edited by wvmanchu; 04-15-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Boolit Master
    hey guys new here, cast my first this weekend=hooked

Boolit Bub

Ive been learning a ton from the stickies, great source of info.

Boolit Mold
    Like Larry D above, my searches eventually pointed me here. Lots of experience to learn from!

Boolit Mold
    I have this weird urge to cast my own bullets. Can't explain it. Learning a ton! Sadly, I live in suburbia and don't think it will be possible. I just don't have anywhere to smelt. Trying to see if I can just buy good quality alloys and only do casting with some ventilation in the garage, but it looks like the price per pound of good alloys is prohibitive...

The search continues!

Boolit Grand Master

speedrrracer;
    Pal up with a country friend, and work together to gather and smelt your alloy. Remember, where there is a will there is a way!!!

Dale53

Boolit Man
    I have lurked here for a long time, been casting for a couple of years, reloading for a lot longer than that. After reading so much here I finally signed up. I have been hanging out in the chat room quite a bit as of late. Thanks for everyones freely shared info. It has helped me a lot.

Boolit Bub
    The last bastion of liberal thought in Texas
    Signed up yesterday, looking forward to lots of participation after all the information I've gleaned over the last few months.

I shoot 5.56mm, 9mm, 357mag, 45acp and already reload. Figured it was time to learn a little more about the more base of the craft.

Boolit Buddy
    I joined a while ago, directed here from another forum when I started hunting the best mold for my 1911's and tracked down an MP #68 mold-now I'm in on three group buys and wondering where I'm going to get the time to use them all...

It's a great forum with a world of experience available and I really appreciate it!

Boolit Master

Great site, thanks a bunch!

Boolit Mold
    I've been casting and loading 45 ACP for a couple of years, then I thought I'd try 9mm. What a completely different animal! Still tearing my hair out, but like so many others, every google search about the problems I'm having led (or lead) me here.

Lots of good info, hope I can give some back.

Boolit Mold
    Howdy,

I've been lurking but thought I should say a proper hello.

I'm fixin to start reloading and have all my equipment ordered and am just reading every possible thing in the meantime. After that I plan on learning how to cast, which is how I discovered this awesome site. I grew up shooting but have only returned to it within the last 6 months. My dad used to reload and cast and I think his recent passing inspired me to try and be a little bit more of the man he was... he did love his hunting and shooting!

Anyway, I'm not looking to save any money so I think I found the proper hobby!

don

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast