Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Boolit Grand Master

JerseyJD;
    Wecome to THE forum!

You'll find anything connected to casting bullets and shooting same within these pages.

No doubt, you'll also add your experiences from time to time.

Dale53

Boolit Bub
    Been lurking here for a while, just wanted to say hi and thanks to all for the great info!

barney67

Boolit Mold
    OK OK OK, I'm sorry I'ma NOOB! There I said it! I've reloaded pistols quite a bit and I have smelted my first pot of WWs and got about 16 4lb ingots from it. I bought the folloing from Lee.

LEAD LADLE $3.99 1 $3.99
    90306 6 CAV 358-125 RF
    90005 COMMERCIAL MOLD HANDLES
    90947 PRO 4 20LB
    90373 MOLD DC 457-340-F
    90228 MOLD 6 CAV C452-300RF
    90358 MOLD DC 452-255-RF
    90351 MOLD DC 452-228-1R
    90290 MOLD DC 452-230TC
    90007 ALOX STICK
    90055 NEW LUBE & SIZE KIT .452
    90056 NEW LUBE & SIZE KIT .454
    90046 NEW LUBE & SIZE KIT .356
    90858 MOLD DC C 430-310-RF
    90374 MOLD DC 457-405-F
    90341 MOLD DC 429-240-2R

And I really want to get into shooting all my lever and wheel guns which include 357, 44, 45 acp, 45LC, 444 Marlain, 450 Marlain, 45-70, and a few others. I want to avoid gas checks if possible and want to get into HPs in the future... I've been reading the forum for about 3 weeks and have learne A LOT more than I thought I would.

Also need to load for my other guns which will include 357 sig and 9mm. Thank you all for your help in advance.

Boolit Bub
    This is my first post because I am a lurker. My grandfather told me that I have two ears and one mouth so I can listen twice as much as I speak. So far I have found more than just the answers to my questions but also the answers to the questions I haven't thought of yet.

Thank you for the education.

I'm new to cast bullets. (Been shooting jackets for 40 years). I just tried some Laser Cast boolets from Oregon Trail (Just up the road a piece from my house) and I like them so far.
    They seem a bit secretive about the alloy but it appears to be lead with some other stuff. My guess is the other stuff is some antimony, tin, silver(maybe) and magic beans.

Howdy!

Just in. I haven't cast any boolits yet, nor have the equipment to do so. I read/research before I jump from the cliffs...generally. I like to shoot, and reload to accomodate the costs associated with the quantity I like. Additionally, I reload for quality not really quantity. Just don't tell the wifey... I love being married, so don't bust me. She knows, but pretends not to. This way she can still pretend.

I came to this site specifically because I want to make my own "Keith" bullets, instead of buying someone elses "Keith Style" formula. I was specifically looking at the 44 Mag, 41 Mag and 357 Mag. I also have a FA 454 Casull and a 500 S&W that I'd like bullet options for.

Cheers

tlfw, howdy! I'm sure you will find something that will help with your endeavors. Use the search function near the top of the page located in the gray bar two lines below where it says "TEAM BOOLITS / LINK TO US". I'm thinking that it may take you a week to go through everything you find!

rl 1094
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Just joined. Tazman1602 refered me here from the Perfect Union forum. I've been reloading cast bullets for handguns for a few years and recently bought a used Uberti Highwall in .45-70 that I'm looking to develop some loads for. I also shoot a 3rd generation Colt SAA in .44 special with the Skeeter Skelton load of 7.5gr Unique behind a 240 gr swc. I'm looking to eventually start casting my own but at the moment I'm still buying commercially cast boolits.

Boolit Mold
    Hello, thanks for the site. Its definitely has a wealth of information.
    I reload with a pair of rockchuckers for .308. and a Dillon 650 for 9mm, 45acp, and 45lc.
    I am just now getting started on casting my own. I have been shooting commercially cast bullets for years. And I have been shooting bullets cast with a shooting buddy. But, now its time for me to do it myself, and pass it on to my boys.

Boolit Mold
    Hey guys, completely new guy here. Been lurking and reading for a while now but as of yet haven't even begun reloading, much less casting. Regardless, I can't explain away the attraction I've got to the idea of casting my own lead boolits.

I've got plans on a .358 Win carbine I'll hopefully get put together by a smith later this year and will hopefully get to share with all you fine gentlemen what I start to cast for it.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryp View Post
    Just joined. Tazman1602 refered me here from the Perfect Union forum. I've been reloading cast bullets for handguns for a few years and recently bought a used Uberti Highwall in .45-70 that I'm looking to develop some loads for. I also shoot a 3rd generation Colt SAA in .44 special with the Skeeter Skelton load of 7.5gr Unique behind a 240 gr swc. I'm looking to eventually start casting my own but at the moment I'm still buying commercially cast boolits.
    Go over and see Ted Tompkins, he knows a bit about buffalo rifles.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Bub
    I've lurked for about a year and it's probably about time I post here. I've been lucky to start casting within the last couple months with the help of some local forum members. (Larry Gibson and gunnerasch0) They've got me casting/smelting so much that I don't even use J-Words anymore.

Most of my current projects are .30-.32 cal milsurps and I'm most recently looking forward to casting .40S&W and trying out a Lee Pro1000.

Boolit Mold

Nother Lurker gone too far

And loving it. I followed another gun junkie over here, in search of cast boolit know-how so I could, one day, own and shoot a BPCR with paper-patched boolits.

Long time handloader, shooter, and all around gunpowder addict.

I have learned a LOT in the short time I've been lurking and have been met with open arms.

Thanks for the great site, folks!

Ed

Boolit Mold
    Welp, been lurking for a few months now and figured I might as well sign up. Got into reloading with my brother, which is nice since it splits the initial cost and he only lives a mile from me but I after watching some videos on the tube I am pretty pumped to eventually get into casting my own boolits. Seems like a fun hobby that I'll get a ton of use out of.

Thanks for all the great info on this site!

Hi
    Been refered to this site by other shooters since I wanted to know more about casting my own boolits.
    I lurke around various sites and once find consistant practical solutions and pointers join up for interaction and sometimes own feedback.
    Into reloading for 22 years and shooting some 50 odd years jacketed and cast supplied by others.
    Bought plenty of casting tools all Lee products. Have Lee Pro 1000, Rockchucker and Hornady heavy duty presses.
    Reload and cast for 9mm, 38, 357, 40 S&W, 44mag and 45ACP. Rifles I have bought enough jacketed boolits at this point in time to last me a few years so not concerned about casting for that yet.

Hope to be a good student on this site which will entitle me to some stupid questions.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Bonjour, New to reloading or as some say down here ''Repack'' boolit's,lol
    Will be getting into casting very soon,My location is South Central Louisiana,Today i'm about 35 mile's off the coast in the Gulf of Mexico on an oil production platform and with any luck will be flying in tomorrow...
    My english is not that great so i will be reading a lot...Thanks' for having me Gator 45/70.

Boolit Mold
    Hey guys,

I haven't been lurking too long, just about a week, and decided that with all the great info here I needed to join up. I've picked up lots of valuable tips already. Thanks a lot.

I've been a reloader since the 70's, but don't have much experience with casting. The little bit I do have wasn't very good since I don't think that I ever took it serious enough to get good at it. You can imagine the kind of results I got. This time around I plan to do it right, and I now have more free time available. As I'm also getting back into cowboy shooting, my main casting interest right now is in .45 Colt and also some .38/.357

Anyway, mainly just wanted to stop in and say hello. Lookin forward to learning a lot here.

Don

Hey, Don in Texas, welcome! Don't get discouraged about not having good results in the past, boolit casters have been casting boolits for 763 years, so it isn't exactly un-documented how we do it!

rl 1135
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks Linstrum,

I'm not gonna get discouraged this time around. I plan to devote the necessary time to learning how to do it right. I'm just about ready to get started. I'm just waiting for my Lee .452 and .358 sizer dies to show up. That should be early next week. None of the local shops here sell supplies for cast boolits so I have to get everything online.

Hey, quick question, I'm starting with the Lyman 454190 mould for .45 Colt. I normally shoot the new model vaqueros which should require sizing to .452, but since these boolits are also going to be used in my Uberti '73 and since I also have a pair of Colt SAA's, I went with the .454 mould. Was that the right choice?

Boolit Mold
    I have never cast yet. I did melt down a bunch of wheel weights I got a few years ago. Can I use wheel wight lead to cast bullets for my 30 30? I would like to use a minimum of equipment to start off. I just used an old cast iron stew pot to malt down the lead weights.

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast