Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Boolit Mold

Smile

Just like to say hello to everyone. I've been visiting this site for a few months now. alot great info. Thanks Ambrosio

Boolit Bub

Talking

Brad from New Hampshire checking in. First off I want to say thank you to all the folks contributing to this site. Informative and fun to read. Add up all the years of casting/loading experience here and the number would probably blow ones mind.

I've been reloading shotgun for many years but recently got into pistol reloading. My father in-law dragged me into this casting call and here I am. Luckily the wife enjoys shooting her .357 and .22 so saving money yet helping the hobby made perfect sense. From .22 through the 12 ga. we enjoy our range time together. I have only made about 48# of pure lead ingots but have scored upon ww's from 2 auto shops. The addiction of it all has already started and all the tools are in hand. I'm sure I'll be asking questions but at least I know the information will come from those that are happy to share. and thanks for a great site to append this awful new hobby.

BTW, you folks were right, the kitchen is a great place to raid for the necessary tools. Good thing the wife is involved.
    This Doesn't Suck!

Boolit Master

Hi All.

I've been lurking for a few weeks, thought I should say hello properly!

-Mike
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Grand Master

MikeS;
    Welcome aboard!! Don't hang back, speak up - if you have a problem, we'll try to help you. If you can add to the advice, we'll listen..

Glad to have you!

Dale53

Boolit Master

Hi, Everyone.

Been lurking for a short while. Been on the site maybe a few times in the last few years. I've cast a few bullets off and on for about 10 years. Not enough so that I'm good at it. Just a couple times a year. I have to relearn everything each time I try.

Anyway, I have a 300 Whisper/Blackout on order in a 700 rifle and am looking for heavy 30 cal moulds. Found the 247 grainer and will get in on the group buy.

Just want to say thanks for such a wonderful site. There is a wealth of information here. I hope to contribute a little, but I'll tell you now, I'll learn at least a 1000% more than I'll ever be able to contribute.

You guys have forgot more than I'll probably ever learn.

Thanks again.

Brad

Boolit Bub
    Hello everyone.....

I'm very impressed with the volume of expertise available on this forum. Have started casting recently after finding my late father's molds and lube-a-matic. Thanks to all the tips I have been able to read up on here, I'm already producing reasonably good "boolits" (gotta get with the lingo!). I have access to mining the local shooting club's berm so lead supply is ample.....Have also learned hot to "smelt" from the advice available here.

In short...... You guys run a great forum

OK, I posted my favorite two cast bullets here. I'm lurking because I'm having difficulty learning how to navigate and use the features on this forum site.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imag...a1f842e339.jpg

What you are looking at are a "little" LEE 90577 (500 grain spitzer in .459" dia) next to a 900 grain .510" dia spitzer. Got the mould for the big boy on ebay a couple years ago. Now that I have the $100 mould I guess I should buy an $8k rifle to shoot these projectiles from. )
    Mike

Oh, the big one is an NEI mould.

Super Moderator

..............Welcome youse guys!

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned

welcome to the best place on the net guys.

Andy

Boolit Master

Hi Folks, I joined up a week or so ago. I've been casting on and off for about 30 years. I found this site by reading Glen Fryxell's book. Best book on casting I have ever read. It woke up my casting memories and now I'm back. I have been shooting longbows and recurves for quite a while now. So my time is limited. But I love to melt lead and shoot guns. I have several Lyman molds I use. I even have a 270 mold that they don't make anymore. I also have a supply of linotype. I just need to scrounge up more lead. I mostly shoot 357 and 44 in pistols. In the past I have had 221 fireball, 30 herret,and many different 357s and 44s.

Hello to all, My name is Ron.
    I have been shooting off & on since my first .22 @ age 12.
    Started reloading in '96, for 9mm, .38/.357, .45 and 30-30, 6.5x55, 7.62x39 in Rifle. The Wife and I were shooting 500-800 rnds a week.
    I became unable to be employed in 2009. 18 months no shooting or reloading.
    So I now have only been shooting about 100-300 rnds a month. I am now feeling better and have more time then money.

A couple months ago, I became interested in Casting.
    Found a few Forums and began reading, I have to say this has become my favorite. Been reading the great wealth of info and collecting an item here and there. Got about 50# of WW 3 weeks ago and did my first smelt last week.
    Got a couple used Lee Moulds, A 148gr WC in .358 and a 300gr RF in .454.
    Cast my first Boolits over the weekend, after gathering the info from here, I had keepers in the first 20 min...

You all seem like a great bunch of Folks...

Thank you for you knowledge...

Boolit Mold
    Hello all. I've been casting for about 12 years now, and moved from a Lee bottom pour pot to a Magma Master Caster and Star sizers. I designed my own bullets and had Dan at Mountain molds make me several molds and he also converted all my other molds to fit the Master Caster.

I shoot primarily White muzzleloaders, with one exception and that is one I call the "Super Fusion". It is a barrel I fitted to an Encore Pro Hunter frame. I shoot smokeless in that one pushing a 300 Hornaday XTP Mag at 2500 fps. It is quite a rifle.

But casting is a passion and look forward to joining you all here on the forum.

Boolit Bub
    I'm in

Banned

Welcome Super 91 and Muskeyjerk. Glad to have ya'll here.

Andy

Boolit Man
    Jim here and am visiting the Cast Boolits for the first time today. I am thinking about beginning to cast my own bullets and am here to get an education.

Jim

Boolit Grand Master

DakotaElkSlayer;
    I would like to encourage you to "jump in with both feet". After you get going, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

You might want to read this (I printed the whole book and keep it handy):

http://www.lasc.us/Fryxell_Book_Contents.htm

Dale53

Banned

Welcome Jim. You will enjoy your time here. This is the best group of guys on the net, whether it be for casting or loading or just chatting.

Andy

Boolit Buddy
    Been lurking for a year now...If i ever get around to reading even half the posts, I'll have my doctorate Boolitology.
    Thanks to all, who so freely share their knowledge.

I don't think i will live long enough to absorb all the knowledge that is found here and i've been casting and reloading since early 80's. Lots of good folks here too.

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast