Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Hi, Bkid, from another New Mexican, welcome to the board. I hope you keep at it, once you get your "feet wet" in The Silver Stream you'll do fine. At one time every single one of the thousands of others here were in your shoes!

rl766
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Hey, Pb2Au, I really like your name. You got that right! Welcome to the board.

rl767
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Boolit Master

Hello. I haven't gotten into casting yet. I reload .38 and .357. I will have to look around and see where to even start. I don't even know what questions to ask. The reason I want to cast is so I can make my own rounds independent of any supplier. I can see that there is a lot to be learned.

new guy here

Hey guys, hello from Canada! I'm new to the site although I've been a lurker for some time. I've been reloading for a few years but just started casting for myself. Looking forward to being here.

Boolit Grand Master

saskgunowner101;
    Glad to have you with us!!

"Dis IS de place"!!

Dale53

Seems like a good bunch that's for sure.

Boolit Mold
    Hi all.....not so new guy...well new to this site....been on the outside for a about a year now, lots of good folks and stuff stuff here....finally took the plunge and signed up....been loading for near 35 years and casting for over 30...mostly pistol....more recently casting for rifle...always learning something and definately learned a bunch from everyone on this site....looking forward to learning more.....Cheers

OK, I'm in. I hail now from the Pacific Nor' West after a long stint in the mountains of Colorado.

Been reloading since the late '60s (Lee Classic back then), but just getting interested in casting boolits. My buddy String told me this was the place with most of the answers and just about as many opinions.

Welcome aboard oldUSMCsgt. Lots of good info here. Don't know of any member named string, but he/she gave you good advice.
    he/she......Yep, got iron ladies here too.

Thanks for the warm welcome, IHMSA. Used to shoot a bit of IHMSA myself, back in the early 80's. No good reason why I quit either.

Anyway, I'm suffering a bad case of info overload reading through all of these fantastic threads. Maybe soon I'll have enough confidence to melt some galena and build a projectile.

Boolit Mold
    This forum has been a trememdous resource for me since I got into bullet casting. Casting lead bullets has been alot of fun. I just wish that I had gotten a 20 pound smelting pot because when casting 230gr .452 bullets, 10 pounds doesn't last very long.

Boolit Mold
    Lebrew here checking in. I cast on a coleman 2 burner camp stove and a stainless 3 quart pot.
    I use pure lead for the 45-70 as a reduced load varmit repellant and WW for pistols.
    Lurking about has certainly increased my understanding and I appreciate each of you. But just lurking has cost me. I missed out on the .380 HP group buy so I need to be more active. I reload for rifle calibers, but haven"t used cast yet. Ive got about 80 lbs of WW and another 100 lb of lead. somewhere i have some50/50 lead free solder, so I just need to get busy and try my hand at it.
    Victoria TX

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Lebrew, ya gotta watch some of these guys, they have 80lbs of WWs on thier shoes.
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Boolit Mold
    Hello all,

Another new member here from Canada. I am new to the casting game and eager to learn. I am hoping to be casting for my Marlin 1895G 45-70 real soon; just need to "get under the wing" of a few old hands... any takers? hehehe....

I look forward to learning from; and chatting with all of you.

Boolit Grand Master

Slug870;
    Welcome to the Forum. The 45/70 is one of the most cast bullet friendly calibers out there. I have an older (but modern) 1895 in 45/70 with Ballard Rifling and it shoots the Lee 457-340 RF VERY well (1.5" at 100 yards) with a load of 4198 sufficient to give 1400 fps. It is a very economical bullet choice (at that velocity there is no need for a gas check) and it should handle most any big game you are apt to run into at ranges up to 100-150 yards.

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Mold

guilty of lurking

hey gang, i looked, read, learned and bought from a member and said to self: self, these people are real in every repect. all of our made up "handles" are fun to see and i'm glad i'm here, true americans and already make me feel at home. Please come on in, it's quite painless and well worth your time and typing errors!......enjoy, you can't go wrong here!!!

Boolit Mold
    Hello to a bunch of sharp, courteous dudes- and dudettes, I assume.

I've been lurking for a few weeks and am impressed with the amount of knowledge you folks share with others.
    I've been reloading for a year or so but am just now starting to smelt and cast. I have a few #2 splatters on the patio to back that up. I do the 50/50 lino and lead for an initlal bhn of about 15 but that hardens to about 20. I'll address that at a later date. I'm sue it has been covered on these sites many times but I am not familiar enough with the site to find it. I expect I will be a taker as opposed to a giver for quite a while. I've learned a bunch already and am looking forward to learning more.
    Thanks for the invite.
    duxnbux

Boolit Bub
    Howdy, everyone! I'm new here, but likewise guilty of lurking for the last few weeks. I'm another Canadian (I even recognize Saskgunowner from Canadiangunnutz! Cheers, mate!) and eager to learn all I can. I'll be starting to cast very soon, and looking forward to it. I've already got molds for my .45 ACP and my .38-55, and I'm anxious to try them out.

Erik.
    When I die, I want people to look at my coffin and say: "He sure owed me a lot of money."

Boolit Grand Master

ErikT;
    Welcome to the "wild bunch". We're glad to have you here.

You're starting to cast with a couple of great calibers - very cast bullet friendly (or should I say, Cast Boolit friendly.

Dale53

Boolit Bub
    Thanks, Dale53. I'm looking forward to learning all I can from everyone here. Hopefully I'll be casting my very first boolits in a few days. Cheers!

Erik.
    When I die, I want people to look at my coffin and say: "He sure owed me a lot of money."

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast